PDA

View Full Version : Radiator pressure testing

nes
29-Sep-10, 00:41
Woud anyone know where you can get a car radiator pressure tested locally ?

upolian
29-Sep-10, 07:58
Hi there,just curious to why you need it pressure tested?is this to check for a coolant leak or...?any garage should be able to help you out!

nes
29-Sep-10, 11:17
Yes a suspected coolant leak under pressure, I assumesd not every local garage would have the right equipment to do this

upolian
29-Sep-10, 11:37
Thought so,i should hope garages stock such a tool?i couldn't give you a definate answer but surely every garage would have 1.......

EDDIE
01-Oct-10, 20:00
Yes a suspected coolant leak under pressure, I assumesd not every local garage would have the right equipment to do this

Most garages have a coolant pressure tester it just fits on were the radiotor cap is and then you pump the pressure up its quite a quick process.
But you do no if its going to be a sting of a bill you can get coolant sealant bars that you break up into the coolant system and if finds the leaks and seals it you can buy that for a couple of pounds a lot better than repacing a radiotor especially a heater radiotor and it does work and its cheaper to try that first than paying a garage?
I always use the powder version of coolant sealants the fluid type is not as good
Sometimes you can get a crack in the radiotor and it only leaks when the radiator is really hot that when the likes of a coolant pressure tester comes in handy.

http://www.barsproducts.com/barsleaks_products.htm