PDA

View Full Version : Transport of furniture Caithness to Norfolk

bekisman
28-Sep-10, 21:05
Anyone any ideas, need to get some furniture from Caithness down to Norfolk; Three-seat sofa, two large armchairs and a double bed/mattress.. Hiring a van from Helmsdale/Brora or Inverness is heck expensive (mileage charge, fuel etc) Have tried Shipleys "we can get you 18,000 quotes" - none so far.. If anyone has any serious ideas, a PM would be gratefully accepted.. ta :confused

upolian
28-Sep-10, 21:10
Mackenzie removals,highly recommended!!!

dan67
28-Sep-10, 21:11
try here http://www.mcadie-and-reeve.co.uk/

S&LHEN
28-Sep-10, 21:13
Sam Salim furiture & removals in Wick

iain
28-Sep-10, 21:50
Can recommend McAdie and Reeve.They took a lorry cab from Derby for me at a very good rate.

thora
29-Sep-10, 13:29
Try Littlejohn Removals in Orkney.Very competitive rates.01856 879981

WICKER10
29-Sep-10, 13:46
Littlejohns Orkney very Good rates-www.littlejohnremovals.co.uk.

The Happy Humanist
29-Sep-10, 17:20
I've used both Macadie and Reeve and Mackenzies, and both provided very good service.
I think Macadie and Reeve are sometimes very cheap if they have a partial load going therefore you don't bear the whole cost of the trip. A few years ago I got a couch, two armchairs, bunk beds, some boxes and a wee bike brought door to door from rural Oxfordshire to Caithness for £100! And they loaded and unloaded it all too:lol:

bekisman
29-Sep-10, 21:12
Hi Folks
Just to say thanks for all the postings and the numerous PM's.. This initial request was on behalf of a fellow Orger (who's tied up with relocating) and all details were forwarded on.. I've been asked to tell you that one of the suggestions has been taken on board and the furniture mentioned will now be heading south very soon..
Thank you.