PDA

View Full Version : Another scam telephone call.

2little2late
28-Sep-10, 19:34
Received a phone call yesterday claiming I am entitled to a refund of bank charges. When I sounded a bit interested, the Asian chap called George told me I was entitled to £700 refund of charges. When I told the guy I have never been charged £700 by my bank he hung up. I suspect he was after my bank details.

Teuchter1
29-Sep-10, 21:26
Yup same happened to me tonight although it was sky asking if we wanted to 'renew' some payment protection thing, when i said i didnt have payment protection they hung up.[evil]

Beware orgers, theres some dodgy ppl out there!

mumof2
29-Sep-10, 21:49
there's always a new scam popping up, hopefully most people are aware of them now and know not to give out details no matter how convincing they are.

George Brims
29-Sep-10, 22:31
Just for the record, despite my healthy tan I am not the asian George who called you. Funny how they always have European names.

There's a really funny series of ads on our TV lately featuring a burly bloke in a hut in Siberia, handling customer service calls for a bank (any bank other than the one that made the ad, I suppose). On the phone he calls himself "Peggy".
http://www.adweek.com/aw/content_display/creative/new-campaigns/e3i4a25a9f106904fc1a83b09f1d61936e8

jings00
30-Sep-10, 08:15
I got a "PRESS 9 !! you've won a holiday in Cancun!! yes a holiday in Cancun Mexico!! PRESS 9 NOW"
aye right. a recorded message too, so ya canny even tell em to, erm, go press 9 themsels.