PDA

View Full Version : is this bad or what?!

brandy
27-Sep-10, 14:22
ok was at tescos today.. and this older man pulls up in his big 4x4 with a trailer on it.. pretty as you please and parks in not 1 disabled parking, but across 4 disabled parking spots at front of store hops out and runs in to tesco.. i did have a quick look for a disabled badge holder but didnt see it.. but heres the pic!
Steams.. now what if there were disabled people needing those spaces!!

annemarie482
27-Sep-10, 14:26
well we'll all know who they are numberplate and all!

joxville
27-Sep-10, 14:27
You can never find an RPG when you need one. :roll:

brandy
27-Sep-10, 14:32
oops forgot to do away with the number plate!

shazzap
27-Sep-10, 14:36
Typical blatant disregard.[disgust]

brandy
27-Sep-10, 14:38
have fixed number plate so all identities ect.. ect.. are protected!

telfordstar
27-Sep-10, 14:54
Its the same as folk parking in the parent/child section with no children!

changilass
27-Sep-10, 14:56
Not quite, its actually illegal to park in a disabled spot without a disc.

Corrie 3
27-Sep-10, 14:59
Theres something to be said for the old "Stocks" where people like this would be shackled and rotten fruit and veg would be thrown at them!!!
I would make sure my rotten melon was full of boulders!!!

Disgraceful and very very idle and selfish!!!

C3.....[disgust][disgust][disgust]

annemarie482
27-Sep-10, 15:00
they're actually also blocking a footpath and the trailer attatched to the truck must go over it..........

Scunner
27-Sep-10, 15:11
Selfish, arrogant - no further words to describe, printable that is.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ele21
27-Sep-10, 15:15
Ihave seen disabled people park in the parent and child spaces when they have no kids it works both ways.

annemarie482
27-Sep-10, 15:21
Ihave seen disabled people park in the parent and child spaces when they have no kids it works both ways.

that may be but both have a valid reason to be there.
the necessity of being able to widely open you door to get in or out.

truck and trailer do not.

changilass
27-Sep-10, 15:25

A parent can pick up a child and lift it out of the car or even hold the door so it doesn't crash into the car at the side, don't think this is the same for disabled folks.

Not the same at all.

annemarie482
27-Sep-10, 15:30
A parent can pick up a child and lift it out of the car or even hold the door so it doesn't crash into the car at the side, don't think this is the same for disabled folks.

Not the same at all.

lol not so easy with a wee one in a car seat.
ever had to set you wee one in car seat on the ground until you drive the car back so you can open the door to get your child in?!
not everyone is as considerate as you obviously.

Geo
27-Sep-10, 15:33
Same when you're parked in the Co-op facing the bank ATM. The amount of cars that pull into the disabled spaces for the driver to lift money is rediculous.

shazzap
27-Sep-10, 15:36

I have very little bend in my right leg, and need to be able to open the car door to it's full extent. Rather park in mother and child space, then in an awkward place, obstructing other drivers and maybe causing an accident.

brandy
27-Sep-10, 15:41
i will admit i use the mother and child.. but i do have children, even though ben is 6 now.. he is autistic.. and its just safer.. even though i do feel guilty using it at times! its a whole lot easier and safer getting him in and out of tesco's if i cant get into the mother and child i use the far park.. across from the mother and child as its less traffic and i can usually grab him before he tries to run off!

ele21
27-Sep-10, 15:49
Disabled should be only used for disabled and the same should be for parent and child whats the point in having these spaces if its gonna be used for anybody thats all i was trying to say so what would happen if all the parent and child spaces were used up and they parked in the disabled would that be wrong dont get me wrong i do feel it for the disabled people when i see folk with no disabilitys parking where they shouldent.

Kodiak
27-Sep-10, 15:53
The Co-op in Thurso is the worst place for drivers without a Blue Badge parking in the Disabled Bays.

A while ago I wanted to go to the Post Office and I could not park in a Disabled slot as they were all full. In two of them were Pick-up trucks and not only did they both Not have a blue badge but one of them had 3 Teens sitting inside eating their lunch.

I approached a Supervisor in the Co-op and pointed this out to her. I was very quickly put in my place as she told me in a very loud voice that it was OK for anyone to park in the Disabled bays and if I wanted to complain I should phone the Head Office in Manchester.

Needless to say that I never ever do any shopping in the Co-op now and I only go there to collect my Pension and DLA.

shazzap
27-Sep-10, 16:01
The Co-op in Thurso is the worst place for drivers without a Blue Badge parking in the Disabled Bays.

A while ago I wanted to go to the Post Office and I could not park in a Disabled slot as they were all full. In two of them were Pick-up trucks and not only did they both Not have a blue badge but one of them had 3 Teens sitting inside eating their lunch.

I approached a Supervisor in the Co-op and pointed this out to her. I was very quickly put in my place as she told me in a very loud voice that it was OK for anyone to park in the Disabled bays and if I wanted to complain I should phone the Head Office in Manchester.

Needless to say that I never ever do any shopping in the Co-op now and I only go there to collect my Pension and DLA.

How ignorant and arrogant of the Supervisor. I am not surprised though as i have hear-ed a few tales about the staff or some of them in this store, being over zealous or plain ignorant.

Hoida
27-Sep-10, 16:42
It can be very frustrating when disabled parking spaces are taken up by people not displaying a blue badge. The disabled place in front of Sutherlands chemist is almost impossible to get in to and as often as not no blue badge is to be seen. I took this up some time ago with the Community Council regarding the dsabled parking space in Princes Street being used by a particular taxi operator and I must say haven't seen them in it since.so it does pay to complain. I don't shop at the coop so can't comment on that but never a problem at Tesco so far!!:lol:

porshiepoo
27-Sep-10, 16:56
This is something that has never really bothered me.
I personally don't park in disabled spaces or mother and child spaces but I really couldn't care less about who does.
In fact when my twins were young I never bothered with the mother and child spaces even then.
A space is a space people.
If we cannot use disabled spaces or mother and child spaces why then, are they allowed to use ours? Cuts both ways!

Look at the end of the day there are loads of spaces up here and I've never seen all the spaces near the entrance to Tesco used up anyway. I could maybe understand the anger if spaces were of a premium as they are down south but they're really not!

This person obviously needed to park. Would it have been better if he'd parked sideways on and taken up 4 ordinary spaces?

im behind you
27-Sep-10, 17:10
well david bailey has nowt to worry about if this is your best shot. try from different angles the next time to see how that works.besides what the hell are going shopping with your camera for.

changilass
27-Sep-10, 17:12
Most mobiles have cameras these days and as the shot was for general not photography section, the quality don't come into it.

brandy
27-Sep-10, 17:18
ummm yes, i did have a camera.. it was on my mobile *grins* as has been posted.. wasnt trying for best picture .. but to show something that frustrated me..

Kodiak
27-Sep-10, 17:20
I personally don't park in disabled spaces or mother and child spaces but I really couldn't care less about who does.
In fact when my twins were young I never bothered with the mother and child spaces even then.
If we cannot use disabled spaces or mother and child spaces why then, are they allowed to use ours? Cuts both ways!

Look at the end of the day there are loads of spaces up here and I've never seen all the spaces near the entrance to Tesco used up anyway. I could maybe understand the anger if spaces were of a premium as they are down south but they're really not!

This person obviously needed to park. Would it have been better if he'd parked sideways on and taken up 4 ordinary spaces?

I am sorry but unless you are in a Position where you need to park in a Disabled Bay you do not know what you are talking about.

Not only do you need to be close to the entrance, but you need the space to open the Door Wide otherwise you can not get in or out of your Car.

Of course you do not care who parks in Disabled Bays because you are not disabled. If you was virtually unable to walk and required the door to be fully open to get in and out of your car you soon would care. Specially if you parked in an ordinary space only to find when you came back to your car that somone had parked close to you. So close that you could not get in and had to wait for some hours leaning on walking sticks before the other driver came back.

The Disabled Parking spaces are there for a reason and are a necessity and for you to say you do not care is just SAD.

porshiepoo
27-Sep-10, 17:36
I am sorry but unless you are in a Position where you need to park in a Disabled Bay you do not know what you are talking about.

Not only do you need to be close to the entrance, but you need the space to open the Door Wide otherwise you can not get in or out of your Car.

Of course you do not care who parks in Disabled Bays because you are not disabled. If you was virtually unable to walk and required the door to be fully open to get in and out of your car you soon would care. Specially if you parked in an ordinary space only to find when you came back to your car that somone had parked close to you. So close that you could not get in and had to wait for some hours leaning on walking sticks before the other driver came back.

The Disabled Parking spaces are there for a reason and are a necessity and for you to say you do not care is just SAD.

So in the same token then those disabled people that need the space as well as the proximity to the door should not use non disabled spaces should they? But they do and do we complain???

And if disabled people are able to use the non disabled spaces quite adequately why then should they have priority parking elsewhere?

So you're telling me that a person who is disabled and gets to Tesco and sees all the disabled spaces taken they don't just park in an ordinary spot?
Well I know they do because I've witnessed it myself.

The other thing I've witnessed is 'disabled' people getting out of their car in the disabled spot with a blue badge and be so spritely as to beat Lingford Christie to the ruddy check out.
Yes, this person may simply be using a spouses Blue badge so is that acceptable?

Cuts both ways. There are some 'disabled' people and their spouses that either have no need or no right to use Blue badges or disabled parking.
There are able bodied people that take the mick with spaces and there are disabled people that take the mick with spaces.
Such as life!

ele21
27-Sep-10, 17:38
Well saiad porshiepoo

changilass
27-Sep-10, 17:47
Disabled and child parking spaces are clearly marked, no where have I ever seen a sign saying 'parking for able bodied persons with no children'.

Any one can park in the spaces that have not been specifically designated for someone else.

Aaldtimer
27-Sep-10, 17:48
Porsh..."The other thing I've witnessed is 'disabled' people getting out of their car in the disabled spot with a blue badge and be so spritely as to beat Lingford Christie to the ruddy check out.
Yes, this person may simply be using a spouses Blue badge so is that acceptable?"...this is absolutely against the rules of being a Blue Badge holder!

The holder MUST be using the car, as the driver, or the passenger.
The holder cannot even sit in the car if he /she is the passenger whilst the driver is absent!:confused

Kodiak
27-Sep-10, 18:00
So in the same token then those disabled people that need the space as well as the proximity to the door should not use non disabled spaces should they? But they do and do we complain???

And if disabled people are able to use the non disabled spaces quite adequately why then should they have priority parking elsewhere?

So you're telling me that a person who is disabled and gets to Tesco and sees all the disabled spaces taken they don't just park in an ordinary spot?
Well I know they do because I've witnessed it myself.

The other thing I've witnessed is 'disabled' people getting out of their car in the disabled spot with a blue badge and be so spritely as to beat Lingford Christie to the ruddy check out.
Yes, this person may simply be using a spouses Blue badge so is that acceptable?

Cuts both ways. There are some 'disabled' people and their spouses that either have no need or no right to use Blue badges or disabled parking.
There are able bodied people that take the mick with spaces and there are disabled people that take the mick with spaces.
Such as life!

Complete and utter rubbish.

The only reason why a person with an Blue Badge does not park in a Disabled Bay is because there is not one Vacant. Take the Co-op Car Park in thurso, there is ONLY 3 Bays for Disabled Parking and for the Non Disabled, I do not know 100, not sure as I have never counted them.

Also by what you say that if a Disabled person goes to Tesco and all the Disabled Bays are full, most likely by quite a few non disabled persons, then they should not be allowed to park at all and they should just go home. I think NOT.

The only Reason why a Non Badge Holder parks in a Disabled Bay is because it is closer to the entrance and they are too lazy to walk the little extra distance.

There is also one more point, if a person parks in a Disabled Parking Bay and does not Display a up-to-date Blue Badge they they can get fined up to £1000.

It is Illegal to park in a Disabled Parking Bay and not display a Blue Badge, this is the Law whether you like it or not and like all Laws it should be upheld.

porshiepoo
27-Sep-10, 18:11
Complete and utter rubbish.

The only reason why a person with an Blue Badge does not park in a Disabled Bay is because there is not one Vacant. Take the Co-op Car Park in thurso, there is ONLY 3 Bays for Disabled Parking and for the Non Disabled, I do not know 100, not sure as I have never counted them.

Also by what you say that if a Disabled person goes to Tesco and all the Disabled Bays are full, most likely by quite a few non disabled persons, then they should not be allowed to park at all and they should just go home. I think NOT.

The only Reason why a Non Badge Holder parks in a Disabled Bay is because it is closer to the entrance and they are too lazy to walk the little extra distance.

There is also one more point, if a person parks in a Disabled Parking Bay and does not Display a up-to-date Blue Badge they they can get fined up to £1000.

It is Illegal to park in a Disabled Parking Bay and not display a Blue Badge, this is the Law whether you like it or not and like all Laws it should be upheld.

Aye, but what of the disabled people that abuse their Blue badge by allowing spouses etc to use it??? It's OK for them to use the spaces without need but not someone who hasn't the advantage of a friend or relatives blue badge!!! :confused
Happens loads of times and kinda makes a mockery of the Blue badge system and disabled spaces. Unfortunately the ones who will suffer are those who genuinely need the spaces.

Kodiak
27-Sep-10, 18:25
Aye, but what of the disabled people that abuse their Blue badge by allowing spouses etc to use it??? It's OK for them to use the spaces without need but not someone who hasn't the advantage of a friend or relatives blue badge!!! :confused
Happens loads of times and kinda makes a mockery of the Blue badge system and disabled spaces. Unfortunately the ones who will suffer are those who genuinely need the spaces.

If you know of a person who uses a Blue Badge that is not theirs, then this should be reported. This is also Illegal and not only can they be fined but the owner of the Blue Badge could lose their Badge.

If you really do know of someone doing this then there is no point in complaining here, Report them.

Be careful though, just because someone does not look Disabled does not mean they are not Disabled. There are many, many reasons for someone being given a Blue Badge, in reality it is harder than what you think to get one, and some of them can not be obvious.

scotsboy
27-Sep-10, 18:39
Parked in a parent and child spot at Thurso Tesco last time I was home.........I had my mither in the car with me, nothing wrong with that is there?

bridgeend
27-Sep-10, 18:44
well we'll all know who they are numberplate and all!
By Publishling the photo with the Numberplate on it you are Breaking the Law .
This is the only landrover of the type in Caithness that has 3 Aierals on the roof so it will be easy to id the owner.
I asked in tesco about Parking there Customer Services said as the Car had a Large Trailer and there were Plenty of spaces for Blue Badge holders they Did NOT see what the Problem was.
As a disabled Driver i can not see the Problem as there were plenty of spaces left for us disabled drivers.
The owner had a large Trailer on give him/her a Break
Rant over

joxville
27-Sep-10, 18:44
well david bailey has nowt to worry about if this is your best shot. try from different angles the next time to see how that works.besides what the hell are going shopping with your camera for.

Is there a law against it? Many people, like myself, who are keen photographers will usually carry a compact digital for those sudden photo moments.

brandy
27-Sep-10, 18:50
personally i dont have a clue who the person is, no idea how many cars like it is in the county.. and dont care how many other spaces there was.. its still breaking the law, and why if there was no where else they could have parked, which by the way there was loads of other places both car and trailer could have parked that was no disabled, did they park in the disabled closest to the store? i have removed the number plate from the picture as i noticed it a couple min after i posted, and fixed the mistake.. and it dosent matter what they say in tesco its still illegal.

Kodiak
27-Sep-10, 19:08
This is the only landrover of the type in Caithness that has 3 Aierals on the roof so it will be easy to id the owner.
I asked in tesco about Parking there Customer Services said as the Car had a Large Trailer and there were Plenty of spaces for Blue Badge holders they Did NOT see what the Problem was.
As a disabled Driver i can not see the Problem as there were plenty of spaces left for us disabled drivers.
Rant over

Exactly what Law would be broken if the Registration Number was shown?

Why would you ask if it was OK for this Car with the Trailer to Park in the Blue Badge Section. Only reason I can think of is that it must have been your car.

I do Not believe that anyone in Tesco would say what you claim they did. They have big signs all over the Disabled Parking Bays that it is Illegal for Vehicles to park there and Not Display a Blue Badge. Also it makes no difference if there were empty Disabled Parking Bays it is againts the Law to park there and not Display a Blue Badge.

So the Car had a Trailer does this stop them walking, err I do not think so. This is no excuse at all.

scotsboy
27-Sep-10, 19:18
Rant over

LOL....looks like we have a winner:)

Corrie 3
27-Sep-10, 19:20

Errr!!! How do you know this piece of information??? Have you knowledge of all Landrovers in Caithness and how many aeriels they carry??
And no law has been broken by showing the number plate!!!
I smell a rat somewhere!!

C3.......[evil][disgust][lol]

Scarybiscuits03
27-Sep-10, 19:50
Send the pic to the police and let them sort out who is wrong or right........Im guessing the driver won't be doing it again after that!

Kevin Milkins
27-Sep-10, 20:03
Here is my take on the drama.

An elderly disabled wifie goes to get her shopping at Tesco with her not so disabled, but elderly husband.
He drops her off and goes about other chores in the parish, then returns to pick up elderly disabled wifie.
He parks the best and nearest he can to pick up wifie and vitals and dashes in to supermarket to get her.

At this stage the OP rocks up and sees the man dash across from the 4x4, and she wrongly assumes that he is not disabled and trying to pull a fast one.

The reason that I came to this conclusion is, I took Mrs M to work at about 2-45pm and the multi airialled 4x4 was parked outside McConechys with an elderly wifie sat in the passenger seat.

When my 92 year old mother in law comes to visit, I use her disabled badge so that I can get as close as possible to pick her and my wife up when they go shopping.
Needless to say, I get lots of disapproving looks when I get out of the vehicle and go in to collect them.

Mystical Potato Head
27-Sep-10, 20:12

An elderly disabled wifie goes to get her shopping at Tesco with her not so disabled, but elderly husband.
He drops her off and goes about other chores in the parish, then returns to pick up elderly disabled wifie.
He parks the best and nearest he can to pick up wifie and vitals and dashes in to supermarket to get her.

At this stage the OP rocks up and sees the man dash across from the 4x4, and she wrongly assumes that he is not disabled and trying to pull a fast one.

The reason that I came to this conclusion is, I took Mrs M to work at about 2-45pm and the multi airialled 4x4 was parked outside McConechys with an elderly wifie sat in the passenger seat.

When my 92 year old mother in law comes to visit, I use her disabled badge so that I can get as close as possible to pick her and my wife up when they go shopping.
Needless to say, I get lots of disapproving looks when I get out of the vehicle and go in to collect them.

A voice of reason with a very plausible explanation.Well said Sir.

bekisman
27-Sep-10, 20:24
I knew someone who did not just stand by and say 'tut' 'tut' as these ignorant morons park in disabled spaces.. he was in a Tesco car park down south, parked in a normal bay, as it was getting dark - and just about to go shopping, he watched incredulously as some useless moronic git, zooms in and takes the place of a poor old (disabled) biddy as she nervously tried to reverse in to the last remaining space.. with a quick obscene gesture to the old lady, the middle-aged slob jumped out of his car, lights a fag and trots off to do his shopping. No 'disabled tax disk' or blue badge (of course)..

This person who watched, waited a few minutes, then gets out of his car, opens his boot and takes out a spray-can of varnish and paint remover.. a few minutes later he'd copiously sprayed the yobs car.. knowing that next day in the daylight this person would find much of his vehicle peeling..
Yea ok totally illegal, terrible thing to do, and so on. So what. more power to his elbow. Love it ;)

changilass
27-Sep-10, 20:26
Yob comes out of shop with elderly gran who takes a heart attack and dies ........ very clever [disgust]

mumof2
27-Sep-10, 20:29
regardless if said person is disabled or not or chauffeuring disabled passenger or not did they really need four spaces? even i can park better than that.

_Ju_
27-Sep-10, 20:32

Parent child spaces are a mere courtesy. Disabled parking is legaly required. Parking in a disabled space in a public car park is an offence where as it is not in a parent/child space.
I would not begrudge any disabled person a parent child space. There any of us (or our children) go, but for the grace of God (or whome ever is in charge of destiny!).

bekisman
27-Sep-10, 20:36
Yob comes out of shop with elderly gran who takes a heart attack and dies ........ very clever [disgust]
Eh? No 'disabled tax disk' or blue badge (of course)..[disgust]

changilass
27-Sep-10, 20:38
Oooooops sorry missed that bit, but still would have shocked the granny lol

bekisman
27-Sep-10, 20:39
Oooooops sorry missed that bit, but still would have shocked the granny lol

Fair enough, I'm severy disabled, so possibly I'm a bit biased ;)

Dadie
27-Sep-10, 21:00
As I have said before....If I cant get a mother and child parking space, when shopping with the kids (with me being the only adult) I will be an inconciderate so and so and take up 2 spaces by parking my big car neatly on the middle of the white line (im blonde and can almost get away with people thinking I cant park) as I have been jammed in before by other drivers not seeing or ignoring the fact I might have kids with me because the 3 carseats in the back do not give them a clue.
Its really difficult to know what to do when you can hardly open the drivers door to slide in....never mind the 2 rear doors wide enough to get the kids in, and, you cannot leave a 4yo and a 2 yo to stand while you reverse the car enough to open the doors...and just where do you put the 9th old (who isnt in the carseat..because he is getting too heavy)...the trolley does not accomodate 3!

But saying all that..I wouldnt use a disabled space...

ele21
27-Sep-10, 21:01
Think kodiak needs a chill pill god calm down the fact is lots of people park in the disabled and the child and parent when they should not what can you do ones as bad as the other

brandy
27-Sep-10, 21:09
well except one will get you a ticket and the other wont. while its annoying to have people without kids parking in mother and child, its illegal to park in the disabled parking with out a badge and disabled person.
im a mom of two children of whom one is disabled.
because he can walk, if not safely and without assistance i choose to just
keep using the mother and child parking even though he is 6 and not under 5.
i felt that because he was physically able to walk that i would not even attempt to get
a disabled badge as i can just park in more remote bits to help him get out of the car when i can not get into parent and child parking, and make sure ive got a super grip on him when we start walking.
my mother would not even be able to make the walk from the closest disabled spot to the shop on her own..
and lets see you get a wheel chair out and then said person into it in a normal car space.
they are there for a reason, and i think that anyone who uses disabled parking with out reason of being disabled should be fined.

Walter Ego
27-Sep-10, 21:28
Think kodiak needs a chill pill god calm down the fact is lots of people park in the disabled and the child and parent when they should not what can you do ones as bad as the other

I think asking someone who is disabled to 'take a chill pill' when they speak out against those idiots who make life difficult for those with genuine mobility problems, shows the poster doesn't really much idea about having to live with mobility problems.

I'd guess that ele21 is fortunate enough not to have to use the disabled bay.

I'd also guess that ele21 would be singing from a different hymnsheet if ele21 was badly injured tomorrow......what goes around - comes around, eh?.......

black16i
27-Sep-10, 21:43
this person that has parked in the disabled bay may have been entiled to it? who says his blue badge did not fall from the dashboard????did you check inside his truck to see if the badge was there????? no....i thought not..... i think ppl are to quick to judge others.....

as someone else said.... just cos he ran into tesco does not mean that hye is not disabled?

Walter Ego
27-Sep-10, 21:47
this person that has parked in the disabled bay may have been entiled to it? who says his blue badge did not fall from the dashboard????did you check inside his truck to see if the badge was there????? no....i thought not..... i think ppl are to quick to judge others.....

as someone else said.... just cos he ran into tesco does not mean that hye is not disabled?

And, as has already been pointed out before - the driver is not necessarily the one who is disabled.

But parking like this guy did - especially if he has a trailer strapped to his arse - shows not a lot of respect for anyone elses' access.

NLP
27-Sep-10, 22:45
Its the same as folk parking in the parent/child section with no children!

Now that really bugs me.

Fran
27-Sep-10, 23:07

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.
Well said Kevin. the disabled person who is the holder of the car does not have to be driving, as long as he/she is a passenger or the person driving is on an errand for that disabled person. Please remember that terminally ill people, with blue badges, do not necessary look disabled, they may have cancer or be on dialysis, have one leg, no legs, but they have a blue badge thought they look well.Please think of this when you see someone walking out of a car with a blue badge..

golach
27-Sep-10, 23:13

Correct me if I am wrong, but I am lead to believe that disabled badges are for registered vehicles, i.e. the registration of the vehicle is displayed on the badge. And cannot be transferred from one vehicle to another, And are not for individuals.

Dadie
27-Sep-10, 23:16
I know that....but many dont..If you can run into tescos (or anywhere else) be prepared for the flames burning...ears will be on fire before you hit the checkout...etc...
usual arguements...how can you walk etc...

changilass
27-Sep-10, 23:19
Correct me if I am wrong, but I am lead to believe that disabled badges are for registered vehicles, i.e. the registration of the vehicle is displayed on the badge. And cannot be transferred from one vehicle to another, And are not for individuals.

Nah you is wrong on this one gol, you can use your badge in any car you get into.

Its the person who is disabled not the vehicle.

golach
27-Sep-10, 23:22
Nah you is wrong on this one gol, you can use your badge in any car you get into.

Its the person who is disabled not the vehicle.

Ty Changi, I did not know that.

Kodiak
27-Sep-10, 23:23

This is a Quote from the Blue Badge Scheme Book.

Remember - The Badge belongs to you, not the vehicle you are travelling in. You will therefore only be issued with one Badge. As long as the Journey is being made for you, and you are in the car with your Badge, you can travel in any car.

I hope this answers your Question.

golach
27-Sep-10, 23:29
This is a Quote from the Blue Badge Scheme Book.

Remember - The Badge belongs to you, not the vehicle you are travelling in. You will therefore only be issued with one Badge. As long as the Journey is being made for you, and you are in the car with your Badge, you can travel in any car.

I hope this answers your Question.

Thank You, Changilass's answer was much simpler

Kodiak
27-Sep-10, 23:33
Thank You, Changilass's answer was much simpler

True it is but I took me so long to type my answer I never saw Chanhilass's reply, if I had of done it would have saved me the pain of typing.

changilass
27-Sep-10, 23:33
Sorry Kodiak.

golach
27-Sep-10, 23:36
Sorry Kodiak.

Changilass, your faster than the average Orger [lol]

sandyr1
28-Sep-10, 00:00
Selfish, arrogant - no further words to describe, printable that is.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dunno/ Do you really think in the realm of things this is necessary..I do know that parking lot, and there are many many disabled spots, and have you proved that this person did not have Disabled Priveleges?
Usually innocent until proven Guilty....Isn't that the terminology!

Moira
28-Sep-10, 00:11
So in the same token then those disabled people that need the space as well as the proximity to the door should not use non disabled spaces should they? But they do and do we complain???,<snip>
..........The other thing I've witnessed is 'disabled' people getting out of their car in the disabled spot with a blue badge and be so spritely as to beat Lingford Christie to the ruddy check out.
........<snip>
Such as life!

I'm struggling to make sense of your first paragraph. As a driver for a Blue Badge holder I've been forced to drop my passenger as close as I can to the door of a supermarket and then park in a "non disabled space" Shame on me.

I can sprint with the best of them - probably better than most - to grab a trolley for my disabled passenger. Not all disabled folk require a wheelchair - some are happy to have something to hang onto while trying to maintain their independence and dignity while doing their own shopping with an escort. I must admit I've even been known to do some of my own personal shopping during this time. Shame on me.

How on earth can you say that there are "disabled people that take the mick with spaces." Shame on you.

Personally, I'd report them.

Moira
28-Sep-10, 00:24
ok was at tescos today.. and this older man pulls up in his big 4x4 with a trailer on it.. pretty as you please and parks in not 1 disabled parking, but across 4 disabled parking spots at front of store hops out and runs in to tesco.. i did have a quick look for a disabled badge holder but didnt see it.. but heres the pic!

Slight exaggeration Brandy though I do see your concern.

You could always contact the folk who run the Blue Badge Scheme with the Vehicle Registration number you captured. I missed it. :D

porshiepoo
28-Sep-10, 07:33
I'm struggling to make sense of your first paragraph. As a driver for a Blue Badge holder I've been forced to drop my passenger as close as I can to the door of a supermarket and then park in a "non disabled space" Shame on me.

I can sprint with the best of them - probably better than most - to grab a trolley for my disabled passenger. Not all disabled folk require a wheelchair - some are happy to have something to hang onto while trying to maintain their independence and dignity while doing their own shopping with an escort. I must admit I've even been known to do some of my own personal shopping during this time. Shame on me.

How on earth can you say that there are "disabled people that take the mick with spaces." Shame on you.

Personally, I'd report them.

Get a grip!
Disabled people take the mick with disabled spaces when they allow friends or relatives to use their Blue badge / priority parking when they are not with them.
Shame on you for not reading properly what I said!

If you read my comments properly before retaliating then you would see that when I commented on the person using a disabled space AND sporting a Blue badge he was alone (not dropping anyone off) and looked as least disabled as one could get.
Now I understand that disability comes in many forms and though this guy may have looked able bodied and certainly acted it, he may well have had some form of disability.
However, I assumed that disabled parking spaces were warranted for those that require the extra space for maneuverability and proximity to the door for obvious reasons.
If a person gets out of a car from a disabled space and is uncannily sprite and limber I'm guessing that he either didn't own the badge OR has a disability that really does not require a disabled space (despite his claim that it does).

When we see SOME disabled people and/or their carers taking the mick with the spaces it's hardly surprising when average Joe Bloggs takes the mick as well is it!

For all of you that say we should be reporting the incidences of Blue badge holders allowing friends / relatives use of their badge, how many of you have actually reported the guy that is the topic of this thread????
None I'm guessing, so give over with the 'report them then' comments until you're willing to practice what you preach.

porshiepoo
28-Sep-10, 07:35
Slight exaggeration Brandy though I do see your concern.

You could always contact the folk who run the Blue Badge Scheme with the Vehicle Registration number you captured. I missed it. :D

Why is that a slight exaggeration? People on here are up in arms about a person taking 1 space, this guy takes up 4 I believe. Exaggeration how?

You can still report them! I'm guessing they'd easily get the reg number from the person who started this thread.
Bet you don't though!!!!

ele21
28-Sep-10, 08:09
Think he needs a chill pill as well what crap you talk you you did not understand what i said.

Mrs Bucket
28-Sep-10, 08:26
There seems to be plenty vacant lots and in my experience there appears to be lots of "disabled" badge holders swinging the lead.

Mrs Bucket
28-Sep-10, 08:30
Send the pic to the police and let them sort out who is wrong or right........Im guessing the driver won't be doing it again after that!
Wrong!!!!!!!!

Mrs Bucket
28-Sep-10, 08:33
Get a grip!
Disabled people take the mick with disabled spaces when they allow friends or relatives to use their Blue badge / priority parking when they are not with them.
Shame on you for not reading properly what I said!

If you read my comments properly before retaliating then you would see that when I commented on the person using a disabled space AND sporting a Blue badge he was alone (not dropping anyone off) and looked as least disabled as one could get.
Now I understand that disability comes in many forms and though this guy may have looked able bodied and certainly acted it, he may well have had some form of disability.
However, I assumed that disabled parking spaces were warranted for those that require the extra space for maneuverability and proximity to the door for obvious reasons.
If a person gets out of a car from a disabled space and is uncannily sprite and limber I'm guessing that he either didn't own the badge OR has a disability that really does not require a disabled space (despite his claim that it does).

When we see SOME disabled people and/or their carers taking the mick with the spaces it's hardly surprising when average Joe Bloggs takes the mick as well is it!

For all of you that say we should be reporting the incidences of Blue badge holders allowing friends / relatives use of their badge, how many of you have actually reported the guy that is the topic of this thread????
None I'm guessing, so give over with the 'report them then' comments until you're willing to practice what you preach.
I think there should be blue badge police checking every one displaying every time they park. Me thinks there would be lots and lots of empty spaces

Mrs Bucket
28-Sep-10, 08:35
Rant over I expeerience it every day people on disability who work the system and boy are they well off. I have reported them but they are so crooked they are up to all the dodges,

joxville
28-Sep-10, 09:29
Here's my latest half-brained idea to appease all you doubters:

Disabled badge holders are invited for a re-assessment during which, (unknown to them controlled), a fire suddenly breaks out and they must leave the building asap. If they manage to get out in less than a set time then they lose their blue badge entitlement.

What do you think?

:roll:

shazzap
28-Sep-10, 09:37
Here's my latest half-brained idea to appease all you doubters:

Disabled badge holders are invited for a re-assessment during which, (unknown to them controlled), a fire suddenly breaks out and they must leave the building asap. If they manage to get out in less than a set time then they lose their blue badge entitlement.

What do you think?

:roll:

Lol.
I would still pass as i could'nt rush even if i tried.

shazzap
28-Sep-10, 09:43

The only time i use a normal bay,is when there are no spaces in the disabled bays. And then i can only use them if it is an end one so i can open my door wide enough. If i can't do either of these i have to go else where.

achingale
28-Sep-10, 09:56
What gets me is that there are plenty of spaces that could have accommodated him without him breaking the law. Disabled spaces and parent and child spaces are there for a reason and not for just anyone to take. I think it is good that it has been highlighted and maybe the person who has done this will see the photograph and see what he did and not do it again - please!

ele21
28-Sep-10, 10:11
Thats what i have been trying to say disabled and child spaces are there for that purpose only whats the point in having them if its going to be abused

Walter Ego
28-Sep-10, 14:24
Thats what i have been trying to say disabled and child spaces are there for that purpose only whats the point in having them if its going to be abused

Why have the dole? That gets abused. Why have the NHS? It just keeps malingerers in beds.

Look at any system and you will find areas that are regularly abused, it doesn't mean that the system should be jacked in because of the selfish abuse by a pig-ignorant minority.

Porshiepoo appears to be tarring all disabled people with the same 'abuse' brush in her posts, would you agree with her stance?

jings00
28-Sep-10, 14:49
Aye there are a lot of ignorant gits on the go

Thumper
28-Sep-10, 14:57
Legal or not it is a case of common decency and morally wrong! Lazy idiots who cannot walk more than a few feet taking up valuable parking places for no other reason than plain ignorance IMO,one of my biggest bugbears tbh x

Walter Ego
28-Sep-10, 14:59
Too slow, Ele21.

I clocked the post before you pulled it.

Someone's got something that you haven't.......;)

sandyr1
28-Sep-10, 15:13

Just wondered...Do you know for a fact that this person is not disabled? I would be somewhat careful in strong comments until you know!

Kodiak
28-Sep-10, 15:14
Too slow, Ele21.

I clocked the post before you pulled it.

Someone's got something that you haven't.......;)

I agree with you as I read what Ele21 Posted as well. There seems to be a lot of people who claim they know somone who is abusing the DLA but no one ever offers any proof and they never report anyone either.

I do believe it is a just a tinge of the jolly green giant.

Believe you me I would rather not have a Blue Badge if this meant I could be nice and healthy again. All you healthy people really do not know how lucky you are.

changilass
28-Sep-10, 15:18
It doesn't matter if a person is disabled or not, only blue badge holders can park in disabled spaces.

I know someone who will spend the rest of their life on crutches, but they had to really fight to be given a blue badge. It was suggested that if they could walk 5 paces (even though this required the crutches) they didn't need one. Luckily they got it overturned on appeal.

So they don't just give them out willy nilly, and they are warned that if they abuse them they can be taken off them.

sandyr1
28-Sep-10, 15:20
I agree with you as I read what Ele21 Posted as well. There seems to be a lot of people who claim they know somone who is abusing the DLA but no one ever offers any proof and they never report anyone either.

I do believe it is a just a tinge of the jolly green giant.

Believe you me I would rather not have a Blue Badge if this ment I could be nice and healthy again. All you healthy people really do not know how lucky you are.

Very well said..Methinks if there is a problem like this, perhaps it should be reported to the appropriate authorities and not a shame thing on a public notice board..And as I look at the pic perhaps the person wanted to get out of the vehicle thus parking the way he did. Perhaps he didn't wanted to get clipped by vehicles making the turn!

And printing the pic with the Licence plate visible......mistake or not a mistake.......we wonder!

changilass
28-Sep-10, 15:42
It doesn't really matter what the person wanted to do, parking there with no badge visible is illegal.

sandyr1
28-Sep-10, 15:51
It doesn't matter if a person is disabled or not, only blue badge holders can park in disabled spaces.

I know someone who will spend the rest of their life on crutches, but they had to really fight to be given a blue badge. It was suggested that if they could walk 5 paces (even though this required the crutches) they didn't need one. Luckily they got it overturned on appeal.

So they don't just give them out willy nilly, and they are warned that if they abuse them they can be taken off them.

Correct......I have a friend who has one/ they have a heart condition and to look at them they are fine. But they cannot walk a long way.
Sometimes there badges fall down/ on the seat, partially covered with something or just misplaced....we are not the judge & Jury here...
Yes there are those who abuse them/.............Just personal thoughts....

changilass
28-Sep-10, 15:56
Correct......I have a friend who has one/ they have a heart condition and to look at them they are fine. But they cannot walk a long way.
Sometimes there badges fall down/ on the seat, partially covered with something or just misplaced....we are not the judge & Jury here...

My thought on this are that if you know full well that the thing has to be visible, then you make damned sure that it is.

If it isnt then you can hardly complain if someone then says something about it.

Otherwise folks take the attitude ... if they can park there and they aint got a badge then so can I and this is why threads like this start in the first place, cos everyone is doing just what they want.

ele21
28-Sep-10, 16:54
Oh dear walter ego and kodiak did i upset you both because of my last thread just to let you know my car is posher than the person i mentioned and ive worked hard to have it .Why dont you both go into a room and both have a word with yourselves how silly your being you know its true some people are at it annd who pays for it us tax payers and i know there is a lot of people out there that have genuine problems and get nothing am i not alloud to have my own opinion.

annemarie482
28-Sep-10, 16:56
ha ha ha!!
posher?!
who are you?! lol
its funny how the org can make someones true character shine........

sandyr1
28-Sep-10, 17:00
My thought on this are that if you know full well that the thing has to be visible, then you make damned sure that it is.

If it isnt then you can hardly complain if someone then says something about it.

Otherwise folks take the attitude ... if they can park there and they aint got a badge then so can I and this is why threads like this start in the first place, cos everyone is doing just what they want.

Yes of course....I agree....
But publicly shaming someone who may have made a mistake is going a bit far. Many things in life annoy us, many of which are more serious than not displaying a disabled sticker, or for that matter parking where one should not....... (I always see that red saying at the bottom of your page) .......to me that makes a lot of sense!
I think that sometimes those who are disabled or ill, don't always think of those intricate little things that make up a day.
I was in a bad car accident some years ago and some of the finer points of life were overlooked......we are just human beings! For some people just surviving the day is an effort......
A thought... I know that parking lot and have been in it many times and have never seen the disabled spaces totally taken up.
Personal observations only.

ele21
28-Sep-10, 17:01
Oops ive yet upset yet another its no my day;)

Corrie 3
28-Sep-10, 17:02
Your car maybe posher but theres nothing posh about your punctuation Ele !!
I have to ask.....are you married to David Beckham at all??

Posher !!...(made me laugh that did).....:lol::lol::lol:

C3.

ele21
28-Sep-10, 17:07
Yes actully i am have you got a problem with that:lol:

ele21
28-Sep-10, 17:09
Would more classier be the word to use then:D

changilass
28-Sep-10, 17:18
'Different' would have done and you wouldn't have got folks backs up lol

Snobs tend not to be very popular :roll:

ducati
28-Sep-10, 17:21
I was in the Dunham Massey car park in Cheshire this weekend with my Mum who has a blue badge. The car park has a whole section for badge holders. When we were leaving, I heard a very deep rumble and looked round and two people were exiting a space in a Bentley Coupe and I must admit I girned a bit. But then I thought just because you are fabulously wealthy doesn’t mean you can't be disabled. However my sister pointed out that she had seen the occupants and they weren't :mad:

Mrs Bucket
28-Sep-10, 17:25
come come now it might have been a hidden disability

porshiepoo
28-Sep-10, 17:32
I'm not too proud to admit when my comments may have appeared a tad morally wrong.

I wouldn't want to tar genuine disabled people who genuinely need their Blue badges with those that are genuinely disabled but flout their Blue badge privileges.

Despite what my comments may have suggested I DO understand and can sympathise with those genuinely disabled people who need those spaces, and I can also understand that those people would much rather not be in need of them at all.
Hence why I can honestly say I never have taken up a disabled parking space.

My gripe is really with those disabled people who allow their Blue Badges to be used by friends and relatives whenever the fancy takes them. Yes I know it's illegal to do it but it does still happen and I guess those few flouters of the law have maybe tarnished my image of the system.

I don't doubt that there are people in need of the Blue Badge that are finding it difficult to get one and I sympathise with those people - it's both unfair and morally wrong.
However, I also know of people that get DLA based on a disability that has been exaggerated for the system and while being fit enough to attend dog shows and exhibit them (for example. And by the way showing dogs involves A.lot of running) have managed to get a badge as a matter of course AND let their friends use said badge. [evil]

To finish I want to apologise if anyone has interpreted my comments as being unfair or prejudice toward genuinely disabled people who are in genuine need of a Blue Badge and who stick to the rules pertaining to the badge.
None of my comments were aimed at them or their carers.

Corrie 3
28-Sep-10, 17:36
Would more classier be the word to use then:D
It depends on what you mean by classier and posher Ele !
The boy racers tend to stick a bit of fibre glass trimming on their car and call it classy. A noisy exhaust and its classy...to them!!!
To me, something classy would cost at least £70k and be different in all aspects to the ordinary car you see on the road!
I dont go for classy, I go for reliability and something that will get me out of trouble in a foot of snow !!
C'mon Ele, tell us what this posher car is then!!

C3......:cool::roll:

ele21
28-Sep-10, 17:42
Ok corrie mine cost 71 grand happy now have a good evening:lol:

ele21
28-Sep-10, 17:45
Sorry i forgot my alloys are gold all you want to know:lol:

Kodiak
28-Sep-10, 17:56

Now that is amazing, I never knew that Gold was an Alloy. This sounds like a 24c fib to me.

Mystical Potato Head
28-Sep-10, 17:56

Oh i think you'll find one or two judges on here who would happily chair a kangaroo court.

John Little
28-Sep-10, 18:12
Can I be on it too???

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad118/johnlittle21/kangaroocourt.jpg

Mystical Potato Head
28-Sep-10, 18:17
Can I be on it too???

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad118/johnlittle21/kangaroocourt.jpg

Only if you get permission from the "supremes"

Corrie 3
28-Sep-10, 18:34
Do you keep them tied on with cable ties to stop anybody nicking them?
You get a good price for Gold Alloy these days down at the scrapper!!

C3....:roll::lol:

scorrie
28-Sep-10, 18:50
I never knew that Gold was an Alloy.

Most of the Gold you encounter IS an alloy. Only 24 Carat gold is free of other metals. Pure gold is generally too soft to use as jewellery and 22ct is normally the highest in use, with 18ct and 9ct being more common, not to mention cheaper!!

Kevin Milkins
28-Sep-10, 19:08
Most of the Gold you encounter IS an alloy. Only 24 Carat gold is free of other metals. Pure gold is generally too soft to use as jewellery and 22ct is normally the highest in use, with 18ct and 9ct being more common, not to mention cheaper!!

That's an interesting bit of trivia,scorrie, I didn't know that.:Razz

So, the golden rule is, don't park your multi aerial Disco with a trailer on the back in a disabled spot at Tesco. (Not unless you want to get ripped to shreds on the org).:lol:

Mystical Potato Head
28-Sep-10, 19:19
That's an interesting bit of trivia,scorrie, I didn't know that.:Razz

So, the golden rule is, don't park your multi aerial Disco with a trailer on the back in a disabled spot at Tesco. (Not unless you want to get ripped to shreds on the org).:lol:

Would that be "pure golden rule" or "golden alloy rule",you dont want to confuse the pedants.

pat
28-Sep-10, 19:47
Have 3 friends who have blue badges, to the casual observer it appears as if there is nothing wrong with any of them, but to know these folk and see how they struggle with their health issues is another matter.

One friend is terminal with cancer but to look at this person most folk would consider there is nothing wrong - she gets out and about as much as she is able, if she is feeling rough she does not go out therefore most folk would not see her when she is having a rough few days.

Second friend has MS - she appears to walk ok at good times but anytime she can go into spasms and have difficulty with her mobility, this happens quite frequently especially when she is tired or walks more than 50 yards.

Third friend has had bypass surgery - manages extremely well but does get breathless and out of puff very easily, walking 100 yards is extremely difficult.

Please consider before parking in a disabled space - would you like to have their disability, they would happily change places with you to get their health and mobility back.

Rheghead
28-Sep-10, 19:51
Sorry, guilty as charged, I was only popping in for a few moments! :~(

unicorn
28-Sep-10, 19:56
I have to say, though not the right or legal thing to do, If I was in the carpark and thought he was so unsure of driving that load that he obviously parked like that for easy maneuvering to get in and back out, then I would rather he had those spaces in what was obviously quite a quiet moment in the car park from the picture, than took the side out of somebody's car in a space he may have been uncomfy with. :confused

Mrs Bucket
28-Sep-10, 19:57
I'm not too proud to admit when my comments may have appeared a tad morally wrong.

I wouldn't want to tar genuine disabled people who genuinely need their Blue badges with those that are genuinely disabled but flout their Blue badge privileges.

Despite what my comments may have suggested I DO understand and can sympathise with those genuinely disabled people who need those spaces, and I can also understand that those people would much rather not be in need of them at all.
Hence why I can honestly say I never have taken up a disabled parking space.

My gripe is really with those disabled people who allow their Blue Badges to be used by friends and relatives whenever the fancy takes them. Yes I know it's illegal to do it but it does still happen and I guess those few flouters of the law have maybe tarnished my image of the system.

I don't doubt that there are people in need of the Blue Badge that are finding it difficult to get one and I sympathise with those people - it's both unfair and morally wrong.
However, I also know of people that get DLA based on a disability that has been exaggerated for the system and while being fit enough to attend dog shows and exhibit them (for example. And by the way showing dogs involves A.lot of running) have managed to get a badge as a matter of course AND let their friends use said badge. [evil]

To finish I want to apologise if anyone has interpreted my comments as being unfair or prejudice toward genuinely disabled people who are in genuine need of a Blue Badge and who stick to the rules pertaining to the badge.
None of my comments were aimed at them or their carers.

l would like to add to the above that some people show cattle at shows and sales that takes some doing and have disabilitgy stickers on their cars how can this be justified

Vistravi
28-Sep-10, 19:58
Parked in a parent and child spot at Thurso Tesco last time I was home.........I had my mither in the car with me, nothing wrong with that is there?

[lol] lol.

Nah thats cool. Obviously you may get some parents who'd be antsy with you for it but its a different kettle of fish than the disabled spots. I have a young son and i rarely use the parent and child spaces. I can't park so i always make sure i have to park in the smaller spaces to learn how to do it. I have to laugh at my attempts at times. Sometimes i get it right but sometimes i get it wrong. But hey if you can't laugh at yourself then who can ;) Parking for me is a work in progress. I'm better now than i was!

unicorn
28-Sep-10, 19:59
l would like to add to the above that some people show cattle at shows and sales that takes some doing and have disabilitgy stickers on their cars how can this be justified
Maybe they have people who help them, if it is your livelihood then you really don't have much option but to go to sales.

brandy
28-Sep-10, 20:05
ok folks, i have decided to close this thread and remove the pic.. and before anyone starts to fuss i will tell you why.
the point i orig. tried to make has been made.
we should not park in disabled parking if we are not disabled, exspecially taking up so many spaces.
this was not really a name and shame, as i have no idea who the person was, had never seen them before and have no idea how many cars like that are in this area.
the idea was to raise awarness.. as it obviouslly has with a lot of feeling!
my hope is that it will make some people some where out there think twice about using disabled parking when they do not need it.
we are lucky that we live in an area that is not heavily populated and there usually are lots of space.
however those space up front are reserved for people who really need them and it should be respected.
its all well and good to talk about how terrible that is , and so and so should be ashamed,
but i thought that actually seeing a picture of it would make it more real.. which it has.
unfortunatly, a lot of people do things like park in restricted parking areas that are not meant for them without a second thought, not even thinking that what they are doing is wrong.
we need to make sure that people do understand the reasoning behind why these spaces are reserved, and as we have in the past day heard from a few disabled people how hard it is to manuver from a car to standing and walking, mayhap its has spread a little understanding.
have also seen a bit of indeferance for disabled people, some who could care less that others struggle, and unfortunatly that is a growing trend. a lot of people will never understand until they live it or see it thru some one close to them.
empathy is a wonderful thing..
lets spread some around.
and finally the bickering on this post is getting pretty close to personal and not what this post is about, so thats just gonna stop with the thread.
thanks everyone for looking and adding your point of view!
it has really been enlightening to see how many people do actually care about the proper use of disabled parking!
brandy

brandy
01-Oct-10, 12:16
Have quickly reopened this post to add a retraction..
i have spoken to the owner of the vehicle in question and it was in fact a disabled badge holder who was picking up their spouse whom is disabled.
and i do applogise that i missed the badge, to which i honestly did not see..
however, the point is the same.
we must all be aware that disabled places should only be used by those who actually need them.
these things happen all the time, and it is very shamefull! and thanks to the owner who understood the message i was trying to get across! even if i used their car by mistake! *G*
at least it brought out awarness!
thanks guys for being so supportive of the orig. post even if i did get my wires crossed! the orig intent is still there!
so lets all try to remember that disabled spaces are for the disabled, and to a lesser intent.. that mother and child is for mothers and children! *(and dads!)
Brandy