PDA

View Full Version : who would you like to go for dinner with?

billmoseley
27-Sep-10, 10:01
Here is a bit of fun. Which 2 famous people living would you like to go to dinner with and why? and also who from the past which 2 famous people would you like to have dinner with and why.
Mine are Stephen Fry for his wit and banter.
Stephen Hawkings just to see what he thinks the world holds for us in the future.
now for the dead. Hitler just to see what sort of a man he was.
mother Terssa just cos i admire her so much

Fstevens
27-Sep-10, 10:41
I would love to have dinner with John Nettles, have followed his career, and would just like to meet him, also James Martin from Saturday Kitchen, because he would cook me a beautiful meal, and he makes me smile.

Past Tommy Cooper, for all the fun and wit he had, and Bette Davis, great actress and she was a down to earth person.

But most of all my husband, he does all the above everyday for me.:):):)

annemarie482
27-Sep-10, 10:58
oooh! now your asking...

alive : dara obrein (for his wit!)
jim carey (so i could slap his stupid face!)

dead: freddie mercury (my idol since as long as i can remember!)
ayrton senna (the man was a legend!)

ShelleyCowie
27-Sep-10, 12:33
Alive - Gerrard Butler just cos he is gorgeous, and kermit the frog! I loves him.

Dead - My granny, she might not be famous to everyone but she sure was famous to me for her cooking and being a awsome granny! No other dead one, just me and granny :)

changilass
27-Sep-10, 12:44
Alive: Terry Pratchett and Billy Connolly

Dead: Jesus, to see if the bible should be in fact or fiction in the library.
Darwin, then I can just sit back and watch the debate.

ShelleyCowie
27-Sep-10, 12:51
Dead: Jesus, to see if the bible should be in fact or fiction in the library.

pmsl! I was gonna say the exact same thing but changed my mind because he would probably be kinda borin! [lol]

joxville
27-Sep-10, 14:29
Alive: Katie Melua & Billy Connolly

Dead: Isambard Kingdom Brunel and Alan Turing

upolian
27-Sep-10, 14:37
Frankie sandfordhttp://serve.mysmiley.net/happy/happy0030.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net)

Corrie 3
27-Sep-10, 15:06
Olivia Newton-John and Shelley Cowie.....Both of them Stars in my eyes!!

John Wayne and Rasputin!!!

C3.......:roll:;):lol:

ShelleyCowie
27-Sep-10, 16:14
Olivia Newton-John and Shelley Cowie.....Both of them Stars in my eyes!!

John Wayne and Rasputin!!!

C3.......:roll:;):lol:

Careful C3, my hubby is gonna think you will take me off his hands! haha!

So whats for dinner?! lol

Corrie 3
27-Sep-10, 16:41
So whats for dinner?! lol
Bag o' chips and a Irn Bru down by the Harbour????
(as a poor old Pensioner thats all I can afford Shelley) !!!....:~(:~(;)

Bazeye
27-Sep-10, 20:27
Definitely not Johnny Vegas, Jo Brand or Twiggy(Royle family)

Ricco
27-Sep-10, 20:29
Well... let me see....

Living - easy, peasy. Suzi Perry from Gadget Show ('cos she is drop dead gorgeous!) and Joanna Lumley - cos' she is so fascinating.

Dead - Hitler - so I could shoot him dead again! and Mahatma Ghandi - cos' he was brill!

Bazeye
27-Sep-10, 20:34
Well... let me see....

Living - easy, peasy. Suzi Perry from Gadget Show ('cos she is drop dead gorgeous!) and Joanna Lumley - cos' she is so fascinating.

Dead - Hitler - so I could shoot him dead again! and Mahatma Ghandi - cos' he was brill!

You only picked Ghandi so youd get a bigger portion.

John Little
27-Sep-10, 20:50
Hendrik Willem van Loon, Joanna Lumley, Julie Etchingham, Robert Bruce and Edward 1...
Should be an interesting evening.....

Blarney
27-Sep-10, 22:11
Alive: Katie Melua & Billy Connolly

Dead: Isambard Kingdom Brunel and Alan Turing

Bad move I think Jox, that Billy Connolly's a bit of a player and would be chatting up your bird while you were stuck in the kitchen sweating over a hot stove :lol:

Anfield
27-Sep-10, 22:18
Living
Stephen Fry - Humour and wit
Billy Connnoly - Storytelling & musical interlude

Dead
Nostradamus - Can give me next weeks lottery numbers
Princess Diana - To ask if Big Ears really is the father of the booze brothers

Connor.
27-Sep-10, 22:41
Living: Katy Perry/Billy Connolly

Dead: Don Lafontaine/Frank Zappa

Fly
27-Sep-10, 22:53
Alive:- Billy Connolly and Ian Rankin
Dead:- Winston Churchill and Enoch Powell. (Thought about Churchill and Hitler but there might not be any interesting conversation, then again there just might.)

golach
27-Sep-10, 23:01
My perfect dinner dates would be Margo McDonald MSP a woman who talks a lot of sense, and Sophia Loren for just being the most glamorous 75 year old I know.

Moira
28-Sep-10, 01:26
My perfect dinner dates would be Margo McDonald MSP a woman who talks a lot of sense, and Sophia Loren for just being the most glamorous 75 year old I know.

I am gutted by your choice. If you'd wanted glamorous I could have ordered some Polyfilla. ;)

My perfect dinner dates would be Golach, DrSzin & J4bberwock, all round the same table. I'm greedy!

I can't quite make up my mind about the dead ones. I'll have to think.......:D

riggerboy
28-Sep-10, 10:15
o i`d like to sit and have dinner with jesus and his dad, just to find out why they allow so many bad things to happen to so many innocent folks, and i dont want the answer they work in mysterious ways coz thats a load o cowpat, and i dont believe they cant beat the devil,,

i dont think you get more famous than that, ???? o and they`re no dead,,,

scorrie
28-Sep-10, 12:18
Living:- Kim Jong Il and Jedward (Main course of Cyanide with an Arsenic Jus)

Dead:- Apart from the above, Bobby Sands (more grub for me) and Joan of Arc (Just so I can see her face when they tell her "I am sorry but you are not allowed to smoke in here") ;)

Rheghead
28-Sep-10, 12:42
My 5 are judged on for sheer honesty, nobody loves a bullshitter around the dinner table, they are;

Richard Dawkins
Richard Feynman
Lord Rees
Dennis Skinner
My dog

Big N Rich
28-Sep-10, 14:03
Well Gordon Ramsay to cook the food and it would just be rude not to ask him to join in with the meal. Id also ask WIlls mum from the Inbetweeners.

Dead 'uns:- Stuart Adamson (Big Country), Molly Ringwald (..........what........oh it was just her career that died...)..........ok then I would choose Eva Cassidy

Maximo
29-Sep-10, 14:41
Em

Alive - Frankie Boyle and Michael McIntyre as laughter is all you need for a good dinner party!

Dead - Elvis & Johnny Cash - to sing for me, as music is a must too!

Vistravi
29-Sep-10, 18:58
Alive has to be Taylor Lautner just cos he is so gorgeous!

Not sure about the dead category.