PDA

View Full Version : Tesco carpark strikes again

Miss Mack
26-Sep-10, 17:43
[evil] Another 2 dents in the car caused by a Tesco trolley, AGAIN. Why can't people just take a minuite to put the trollies in the bays or at the shop door.[evil]

annemarie482
26-Sep-10, 17:51
its a right "burger" when that happens! [mad]
dont think its tescos fault though, coulda just as easy happened outside haldanes, homebase, pets at home, coop had you been parked there.
think they should all follow lidls with the pay trolly though!
(i know homebase and pets at home have)
they'll put them back for they're cash back!!:roll:

Miss Mack
26-Sep-10, 17:54
Yip, that would definately cut down on the stray trollies. I'm not having a go at Tesco, just their inconsiderate customers !

Kevin Milkins
26-Sep-10, 18:57
I seem to spend more time than most, sitting in my vehicle outside Tesco, waiting for Mr's M.:confused

It never fails to amaze me how many people just abandon there shopping trolley when they have finished loading the shopping into the car instead of returning it to a trolley parking bay.

(I worry about the things that occupy my mind when I get bored :eek: .)

muffin
27-Sep-10, 09:52
I often have problems putting my trolley back because the bays are overflowing as they haven't been emptied or people have just abandoned the trolleys anyhow without making any attempt to stack them according to size.

Dadie
27-Sep-10, 13:43
I have had an opposite problem...an over zealous trolley collecter took back the trolley I just collected...while I was unclipping the kids from their carseats:lol:
Same in the cafe...collected trolley ...went for juice and a snack(kids hungry) before shopping and my trolley disappeared..:eek:
Its not easy untangling the trollies at the best of times(with 3 small kids in tow) to find a double seat one...and then for it to wander off is not good.
And why do I always get the trolley withg the wonky wheel?
And does anyone else find it near impossible to get a full trolley round the corner beside the cash mashines to the parent and child spaces?
Ps I usually put the trolley back but if I dont I bung it in the trolley collection point (whichever is closer) which seems to be used for a bike shed most of the time!

changilass
27-Sep-10, 13:53
I don't get why the one you are describing as a bike shed, doesn't have its opening at the other end, that way the trolley can go back without having to go on the road bitty.

They could also do with another trolly park down near the recycling bitty.

Don't mind putting the trolleys back on a nice summers day, but in winter its bleak so oh has to do it lol

golach
27-Sep-10, 15:43
Don't mind putting the trolleys back on a nice summers day, but in winter its bleak so oh has to do it lol

Its called exercise Changilass, try it some time [lol]

changilass
27-Sep-10, 16:22
In summer aye Gol, in winter its perishing and means yet another trip to the loo.

golach
27-Sep-10, 19:25
In summer aye Gol, in winter its perishing and means yet another trip to the loo.

Thats the point Changilass, in winter you are meant to sprint, see thats still more exercise, you will be as fit as fiddle come next Edinburgh Festival time [lol]

changilass
27-Sep-10, 19:34
Nah I'd be in hospital with a brolken neck having slipped on the ice.:(

Dadie
27-Sep-10, 20:43
*laughing*
Anytime I have tried to put the trolley in that trolley park I have very nicely avoided the bikes parked in it.
(usually at least 1 mountain bike in there when I use it)
And not rammed the trolley in hoping for the best ..that trolleys flock together like sheep:lol:

Blarney
27-Sep-10, 22:25
[quote=Dadie;765723]................
"And does anyone else find it near impossible to get a full trolley round the corner beside the cash mashines to the parent and child spaces?"

You're so right there is a considerable camber on the pavement at that corner. It's VERY difficult to push a full trolley round it and it's nigh on impossible with the kids aboard.

I wonder if the store has ever had any complaints about it?

Yoda the flump
28-Sep-10, 00:05
Oh I have complained about the trolley situation at Wick Tesco.

For the last couple of weeks there seems to be a lack of trolley collectors and no trolleys up by the store, they are all scattered around the car park.

It seems that every so often the entire store management go round the car park and round the trolleys up - possibly cheaper to get normal bod to do it, but hey its up to them.

annemarie482
28-Sep-10, 07:46
[quote=Dadie;765723]................
"And does anyone else find it near impossible to get a full trolley round the corner beside the cash mashines to the parent and child spaces?"

You're so right there is a considerable camber on the pavement at that corner. It's VERY difficult to push a full trolley round it and it's nigh on impossible with the kids aboard.

I wonder if the store has ever had any complaints about it?

i agree! you have to be real careful you dont roll into the first parent and child parking space!
the path slopes outwards instead of inward and is a nightmare!!
the more full the trolly the less control you have going around there!

Walter Ego
28-Sep-10, 08:59
Whine

Whine

Whine

Whine

How do some of you people cope with your everyday lives? It must be terrible for you, my heart bleeds.

ducati
28-Sep-10, 13:38
Oh I have complained about the trolley situation at Wick Tesco.

Trouble is Yoda, unless you stand on a box, they can't see you at customer services :eek:

Welcome back BTW we've missed you :D

Big N Rich
28-Sep-10, 13:54
Would it be unsympathetic of me to ask "Why don't you park away from the trolleys?" or even park in a sheltered area of the car park or even walk to tesco or trust the good employees of tesco to return the trolleys to there usual home. Perhaps do a calculation of wind condition to see which direction the trolleys would come and the counteract that.

Miss Mack
28-Sep-10, 18:08
Would it be unsympathetic of me to ask "Why don't you park away from the trolleys?" or even park in a sheltered area of the car park or even walk to tesco or trust the good employees of tesco to return the trolleys to there usual home. Perhaps do a calculation of wind condition to see which direction the trolleys would come and the counteract that.
Point taken, and I do do that most of the time. But if shoppers were a bit more considerate we would'nt have to !