PDA

View Full Version : ozzys first bath since the accident!

annemarie482
26-Sep-10, 15:49
ozzy had his first walk and bath today,since being hit by a car and his broken leg finally healing.
OMG!!
have you ever tried to catch a collarless lathered up lab?!!
i'm soaked, bathrooms soaked, one wall may even need repainting its that soaked!
but he's clean and fresh........unlike me now:lol:

cherokee
26-Sep-10, 17:32
Awww, that's great news that wee Ozzy is doing better Annemarie!

Bet he's a really bonny boy now ! :)

annemarie482
26-Sep-10, 17:37
he's fine, enjoyed his walk although we didn't go too far.
having to retrain him at most things as he has lost all manners during cage rest, but was settling on the lead by the end of his walk.
as for the bath, he wasn't too impressed with the shower rinse!!
his behaviour has changed a wee bit since the accident, he barks alot, wont walk anywhere just runs! a little bit "weird" around the kids so keeping an eye on him. but i suppose it was quiet a trauma for him so hopefully it will pass.
would be good to hear from others who's dogs have suffered from car accidents to hear if they're dogs "changed" because of it.

Liz
26-Sep-10, 20:04
Ha ha I can just imagine the aftermath of the bathing!:lol:

So good that Ozzy is doing well but sad to hear that he is having some behavioural problems although quite understandable.

I can highly recommend bach flower remedies for this and the best place for these is www.creaturecomforters.co.uk (http://www.creaturecomforters.co.uk) I have used their remedies on many occasions and they've never failed to work.

Benjy, my dog, had been very hyper since we lost our cat Charly. So I sent off a fur sample and even after a few days on the remedy he is a lot calmer and happier.

lorry
27-Sep-10, 10:16
our jr got run over about 5 years ago she suffered a badly damaged pelvis and she had to have a new hip joint. she is still very wary of cars and cowers away from them on a walk especially the ones which approach from behind her (the way the car was travelling when she was hit) and she worries a little when we go near her hip and tail. she would never turn/bite or anything but you just know by her eyes now that she protects herself more. we also had to retrain her to do her toilets outside because she had been in a small pen when she was healing, this was harder than when she was a pup but we got there. i dont think she will ever 'forget'!
We however wouldnt be without her and i am very glad that she made it and as any other dog owners will know they are worth it!