PDA

View Full Version : Tea Time

scotsboy
23-Jul-06, 19:08
During my journey from tea with milk and two sugars in my younger years to just black tea I have long cast an eye in the direction of herbal teas. However considering them for “flowery” types, and not for the likes of a chiel from Thirsa I have given them a wide berth………but as with all things you have to dip yer toe in just to see what you are missing (well I do anyway).
It started with some lemon, then few leaves of fresh mint in my black tea, then I tried peppermint……..not bad this stuff, no I am hooked. Today I bought some Moroccan (should be interesting), White tea, Russian Early Grey……..there is a whole new World out there!!!!

obiron
23-Jul-06, 19:13
I like mine boring Tetley or Brooke Bond depends really which one is on special offer. in ours we are using tetley.

scotsboy
23-Jul-06, 19:14
When I can get it I drink Nambarrie, out here I like Twinnings English Breakfast or Assam.

Ricco
23-Jul-06, 19:31
Me, I like good ol' skipper's tea - sweet and strong enough to corrode the spoon.

bigjjuk
23-Jul-06, 19:32
I like the new twinnings all day tea, u see it in the ads. Best teea out, i admit its a bit more expensive, but once u had a few cups you will see why.

I tried camimile tea once as an ex g/f recommended it, and as lad that likes to impress i tried it.
Well il be quite frank and say it was gross, It tasted like a bottle of avon perfume and the taste sat in my mouth for hours, Earl grey is the same....pure flowery torture.

I know everyone has there own tastes and scotboy good luck with your different teas, but im sticking to normal tea.:)

airdlass
23-Jul-06, 19:35
As long as I can have my two cups of tea first thing in the morning I don't mind which kind it is:D

Hibeechick
23-Jul-06, 19:38
I drink the Lift granules, but only the peach flavour. Don't like the lemon one. However, I cant get it up here so take back a few jars everytime im in Asda in Edinburgh. xx

trinkie
23-Jul-06, 19:54
AHhh Tetleys - but not for me .
My tipple in the summer is Twinings Camomile, Honey and Vanilla..sheer heaven.
In the very hot weather I chill some in the fridge and add a leaf of fresh mint from the garden.
In colder weather I have Assam black with lemon.
But it's not that easy getting lemon for tea in cafes, I have had problems from Cornwall to Orkney . In Orkney they told us the lemon was for the fish only!
The cup is all important too. Straight sides, fine china, white with a thin gold line round the rim.

Who says I'm fussy?
sip sip,

Gleber2
23-Jul-06, 20:04
During my journey from tea with milk and two sugars in my younger years to just black tea I have long cast an eye in the direction of herbal teas. However considering them for “flowery” types, and not for the likes of a chiel from Thirsa I have given them a wide berth………but as with all things you have to dip yer toe in just to see what you are missing (well I do anyway).
It started with some lemon, then few leaves of fresh mint in my black tea, then I tried peppermint……..not bad this stuff, no I am hooked. Today I bought some Moroccan (should be interesting), White tea, Russian Early Grey……..there is a whole new World out there!!!!

White Earl Grey from Imperial Teas, Lincoln with a few Jasmine pearls from Whitards of Chelsea is my fav blend of the moment. Sheer heaven.

moonshadow
23-Jul-06, 22:22
i love herbal teas but i have to say the ones that are generally sold in the supermarkets have as much flavour as mosquito pee.
my favourite teas are by celestial seasonings.com but i have several other brands that are also yummy. i actually have a drawer in my kitchen full of teabags and have recently overflowed into another drawer :-) lol.

unicorn
23-Jul-06, 22:29
Its tetley for me but I like to bring home bags of apple tea and kiwi tea from Turkey it's really good on a hot day...

taylor.4
23-Jul-06, 22:31
I like mine boring Tetley or Brooke Bond depends really which one is on special offer. in ours we are using tetley.I agree haven't tried herbal, not sure if i would like it.:confused

Lolabelle
23-Jul-06, 23:16
I really like some herbal teas, and others are like drinking perfume. I love Twinnings peppermint and spearmint and chamomile. But best I like normal tea with a spoon of honey. I used to just drink black, but I recently had the flu and added honey to soothe my throat and then kept it.
We used to be real coffee drinkers, plunger, grind our own beans, then graduated onto a expresso machine, but got sick of coffee and we are both back onto the tea?

Naefearjustbeer
23-Jul-06, 23:28
Got a bag of rocket for christmas, After overcoming the shock of getting a bag of suspicious looking dried herbs from the mother in law. It is actually quite good takes a while to brew though. I normally drink earl grey, but have enjoyed roibosh (sp?) and various flavoured green tees if I don't want a caffeine hit

sassylass
24-Jul-06, 01:30
Yorkshire Gold mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm it's the best.

When the jitters start, I switch to green tea, the japanese kind with a hint of toasted rice. Delish!

sjwahwah
24-Jul-06, 02:27
Got a bag of rocket for christmas, After overcoming the shock of getting a bag of suspicious looking dried herbs from the mother in law. It is actually quite good takes a while to brew though. I normally drink earl grey, but have enjoyed roibosh (sp?) and various flavoured green tees if I don't want a caffeine hit
rocket tea? sounds good. would be indeed a bit of a shock with the mother-in-law with herb. so, were you dissappointed or relieved? :D (about what was in the bag, not how it tasted.)

lelebo
24-Jul-06, 08:41
nettle tea is my absolute favourite!! But a bag of camomile and a bag on peppermint together in the same cup makes a really nice night time cuppa..

Bingobabe
24-Jul-06, 08:55
Im also quite boring it has to be tetley or scottish blend i am a tea alcholic!!![lol]