PDA

View Full Version : Meet 'Apollo'

Jovi
25-Sep-10, 21:56
Meet 'Apollohttp://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg472/jovi-photo/Apollo/067.jpg', my Shire colt who joined our family this week :)

Jovi
25-Sep-10, 21:59
http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg472/jovi-photo/Apollo/045.jpg

Jovi
25-Sep-10, 22:01
http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg472/jovi-photo/Apollo/056.jpg

AliciaMackinnon
25-Sep-10, 22:54
damn wot a cutie!!!!!

Liz
25-Sep-10, 23:07
What a beauty Apollo is. Love photo no 2!:lol:

merlzin
25-Sep-10, 23:49
aw,he is absolutely gorgeous.

aurora32
26-Sep-10, 16:57
He is gorgeous Jovi, hope you have lots of fun with him :)

munron
26-Sep-10, 17:02
Oh dearie me he is just too beautiful, I love black boys with white faces and Apollo looks like he has great markings and a lovely relaxed personality :) Whats the plans for him (if that is not to nosy)

cherokee
26-Sep-10, 17:34
I've got a complaint to make here.............

HE'S JUST FAR TOO GORGEOUS !!!!!!!!
:lol::lol::lol:

froal
26-Sep-10, 17:51
He's Stunning what breeding is this lovely boy then...??:D

GruesomeTwosome
26-Sep-10, 18:01
Absolutely Beautiful!!! Can you put on a pic with his mum? Bet she is a stunner too.

Jovi
26-Sep-10, 19:14
Thank you for the lovely comments. So happy to have a 'big' horse again.
froal, His sire is Herculean Flash(Leapley Flashlight line) and dam is Hillmoor Ebrills Girl (sired by a Walton stallion).
Munron, plan is to enjoy him,I want to keep him entire and maybe take the plunge and do some showing :eek: along with ride and maybe drive like his Dad....how many hours in the day? We'll see.
Gruesome Twosome,I will try and put a pic up of parents but am having problems with photos,:(
He is so laid back(at the moment), he travelled brilliantly and has settled well,enjoying some good grass.He has been well handled and not much fazes him. The other horses are fascinated with him,watching his every move and he is loving a lot of attention and fuss.
Cherokee I may be biased but...I think he's gorgeous too

cameroncara
27-Sep-10, 13:17
Wow very very handsome make sure you keep us upto date with his progress. xx

froal
27-Sep-10, 20:32
he'll make a fantastic Ride & Drive with looks like that..!! :D
Is he welsh bred or have i got it completly wrong not very good at proper breed names.... !!Sorry:roll:

K.B
27-Sep-10, 20:41
He is a stunner ;) love the heavy breeds infact ALL the breeds :lol:

Jovi
27-Sep-10, 21:14
Hi froal,no he is a pure bred Shire,hopefully he will make a good ride and drive like his Dad. :)

bullielove
27-Sep-10, 21:41
He is absolutely gorgeous... you are very lucky to have found such a handsome boy - he is going to be a cracker

Would love too hear how he is getting on . I have only just discovered horses and im in love... wish I had the opportunity years ago to get close to them.. Especially their lovely smell Mmmm

Thanks for sharing :D

Jovi
27-Sep-10, 22:05
Thanks bullielove,yes I am lucky,thoughI spent a long time looking.Have just sneaked a look at him,he's flat out after a day outside...he's settled so well. :)

bullielove
28-Sep-10, 07:25
Thanks bullielove,yes I am lucky,thoughI spent a long time looking.Have just sneaked a look at him,he's flat out after a day outside...he's settled so well. :)

Stoooop... I am so jealous, how lovely is that - that you can just look outside to see him! I think I would have to get a tent and park myself out there:lol:

Liz
28-Sep-10, 14:22
Stoooop... I am so jealous, how lovely is that - that you can just look outside to see him! I think I would have to get a tent and park myself out there:lol:

Can I share your tent bullielove?:lol:

Horses are such beautiful creatures and I would so love to have one. Thankfully, I can visit some just down the road from me every day.

jac1791
28-Sep-10, 18:23
Jovi -- he lovely.... what does diesel think?

froal
28-Sep-10, 19:28
Hi froal,no he is a pure bred Shire,hopefully he will make a good ride and drive like his Dad. :)
Wow....!! he must be the only Shire up here, You keeping him entire ?:D He very nice boy going to very Big too my wee ones can probably walk underneath him even now..!! lol:D

Jovi
28-Sep-10, 21:13
Hi Jac...ha ha 'Diesel' is fascinated with him,both keep going nose to nose over the stable door :lol:
froal..I think he may be and yep he's staying entire,he's out of a premium stallion so hope to get him approved... and yep yours could walk under him already :eek:

rhoda
29-Sep-10, 23:36
There is a Shire mare and foal in Lairg. Arrived earlier this year I beleive.

Jovi
30-Sep-10, 10:33
Hi rhoda, thats nice to know,they are wonderful horses,so good to hear he's not the only one :D