PDA

View Full Version : Vacant Shops....Latest News?

Kaishowing
23-Jul-06, 12:36
Anyone heard about what's going on with the vacant shops in the retail park?? I got in touch with Mothercare the other day to see if they would consider opening a shop this far North...but got only a lukewarm response.

LRM
23-Jul-06, 12:45
heard a whisper that virgin records was coming, don't know if that is true

connieb19
23-Jul-06, 12:51
Read on one of the threads the other day Carpet Wise is coming, I don't know if that's right or not..:confused

Kaishowing
23-Jul-06, 13:02
Perhaps the shops are waiting to see what happens when all the new houses are built across the way![smirk] :eek:

pultneytooner
23-Jul-06, 13:02
heard a whisper that virgin records was coming, don't know if that is true

If that was true I'd be very happy, since the music shops in wick and thurso closed I've been doing a lot of online shopping which I must say is not my cup of tea, too impersonal, plus I love to browse.

Naefearjustbeer
23-Jul-06, 17:23
What about a pizza hut or a KFC? :lol: Then that leaves no reason to go to Inverness ever again LOL!!

Ojibwa
23-Jul-06, 18:52
I think a good idea would be a play place for young kids. Something where parents and kids could participate together in a range of activities such as arts/crafts, energetic play (soft mats, balls, climbing etc), music, books etc.

hammers
23-Jul-06, 19:08
Heard a whisper that pets at home are coming to town

candyfloss
23-Jul-06, 19:58
I heard we were getting Pet Smart and Carpet Wise

mccaugm
23-Jul-06, 20:36
I think a good idea would be a play place for young kids. Something where parents and kids could participate together in a range of activities such as arts/crafts, energetic play (soft mats, balls, climbing etc), music, books etc.

I agree, however this has been tried twice in Inverness and Dornoch. Both folded, not sure if this was because of lack of use or insurance costs.

bagpuss
23-Jul-06, 21:43
Why not a Next or even better a discount 'Next To Nothing?'- that would make sense

connieb19
23-Jul-06, 22:12
Debenhams would be great..:D

Naefearjustbeer
23-Jul-06, 22:20
A primark or matalan would be good.

taylor.4
23-Jul-06, 22:21
Read on one of the threads the other day Carpet Wise is coming, I don't know if that's right or not..:confusedI heard the other day that Carpet Wise was coming to Wick.

chamb
23-Jul-06, 22:53
Has everyone lost the plot, all pf the above well allexcept the KFC or next coming. the others are crap, i mean come on i know wick is a dive but to have a primark what are you lot on

kwbrown111
23-Jul-06, 22:55
snobs in again

Naefearjustbeer
23-Jul-06, 23:13
Has everyone lost the plot, all pf the above well allexcept the KFC or next coming. the others are crap, i mean come on i know wick is a dive but to have a primark what are you lot on

Dont mince your words now, spit it out and let us know what you really think LOL ;-)

Fran
24-Jul-06, 01:26
i would love Farmfoods to come to wick, such variety and cheap prices, even the well known brands of frozen food are so much cheaper;the cakes, cereals,soft drinks, so much and such good value.

SEB
24-Jul-06, 09:49
we desperately need a children's/teen's clothes shop at decent prices - particularly more choice for boys. Mackays only go up to about 10 yr old then it's into men's sizes, which isn't much good for the age group in between.

carasmam
24-Jul-06, 11:14
There is a carpet place coming to Wick, they are advertising in the Job Centre for staff :p