PDA

View Full Version : The Time Traveler's Wife

Geo
25-Sep-10, 00:17
Just watched this with my wife. Man it is so sad and yet so good. That's all I can say.

EDDIE
25-Sep-10, 07:27
I found it to be a hard to follow confusing story

Geo
25-Sep-10, 09:26
We found it to be a clever engaging story. Sad though. Apparently the book is very good.

karia
25-Sep-10, 19:07
The book is incredible...one of my all time favourites.

I couldn't watch the film because the images in my head from the book were far too precious to mess with.

Liz
25-Sep-10, 23:10

I couldn't watch the film because the images in my head from the book were far too precious to mess with.

Oh this puts me in a real dilemma as I have both! So do I read the book and forget the film or vice versa?:confused

karia
26-Sep-10, 11:33
Book first Liz...then you can decide about the film.:)

Liz
26-Sep-10, 12:46
Good thinking Karia. Book it is.:D

crayola
10-Oct-10, 15:35

I've only just found this thread......

I haven't seen this film for precisely the same reason. The book is indeed incredible.

I started a thread when the film came out (The Time Traveler's Wife) (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=84129) but as of last month I still couldn't decide.

Then recently I saw a trailer of the film and the images were so close to those in my head that I have decided to watch the film after all. I can always stop watching if I don't like it.

I bought Audrey Niffenegger's next book but it's still on a shelf unread because I don't want to be disappointed. :confused

karia
10-Oct-10, 17:07
I bought Audrey Niffenegger's next book but it's still on a shelf unread because I don't want to be disappointed. :confused

I am exactly the same Crayola but a few people I know have read the second book and didn't think it measured up.:(

annie bowyer
12-Oct-10, 11:03
Me too- the book ranks in my top10 ever read, but a bit reluctant to watch the film- has any film ever been better than the book which preceded it? ( ie not including the silly book written after the film just to try and squeeze more money from the punters),
EG Harry potter wasn t bad but only 20% compared to the book
Lord of the rings film- about 5% of the enjoyment of the book ( or maybe less)