PDA

View Full Version : competition time

b3n
24-Sep-10, 12:01
I am working on a competition for my company and thought I would put the idea out to the orgers. Feel free to comment and make suggestions but ONLY if they are constructive.

We are going to be running a twitter competition to see how many followers we can get in a certain period of time. There will be a prize draw for all the followers.

So the first question is when should the prize draw take place? Once we have 500 followers, 1000 followers, 10000 followers etc?

All that is required to enter the competition is to follow our company on Twitter. It only takes a 1 click if your a member.

With that in mind what would make YOU want to enter a competition? What should be the prize? The budget isn’t high and we want to give at least 5 prizes (same or different prizes).

Any suggestions?

samf1971
24-Sep-10, 16:09
From a compers point of view. I'd aim for quite a higher number of followers (more like 1000 rather than lower), especially if you're advertising the competition - I'm an avid comper & there are many competition websites / forums etc where you could get your competition out there so you should expect quite a few hits if word gets around, so if you're wanting just a short comp then aim for lower numbers but if you want it to be on for longer, aim for higher) there are quite a few of these comps running on facebook and twitter where they will make the draw as soon as their followers reach a certain number

With the prize, there are people who enter the comp regardless of the prize whereas others will only enter comps where they really want the item on offer. You could perhaps go for vouchers in different denominations if you're going for like a top prize and then runner ups or something like an Ipod is always popular