PDA

View Full Version : Help!!

dawncw
22-Jul-06, 21:53
Can anyone help me? Our phoneline hasnt been working all day - when u go to dial out all we hear is the crackling sound as thou we are connected to internet via a dial up connection - but we are on broadband!!! Have tried BT support lines but they wont help as we are a TalkTalk customer and TalkTalks lines arent open to 10am tomorrow morning. Has anyone elsewhere in Wick had probs with their lines today or could anyone give me some clues has to how i can fix it myself!!!

Any advice will be helpful, thanks

Moby
22-Jul-06, 21:58
This used to happen a lot to us - if you have electric phones switch the power off for 2 mins. If that doesn't work and you have Sky try unplugging the Sky telephone cable from the back of you Sky box to see if that clears the line.

Tickle
22-Jul-06, 22:13
Can anyone help me? Our phoneline hasnt been working all day - when u go to dial out all we hear is the crackling sound as thou we are connected to internet via a dial up connection - but we are on broadband!!! Have tried BT support lines but they wont help as we are a TalkTalk customer and TalkTalks lines arent open to 10am tomorrow morning. Has anyone elsewhere in Wick had probs with their lines today or could anyone give me some clues has to how i can fix it myself!!!

Any advice will be helpful, thanks

could be a tweety bird perched on the cable outside!!:lol:

hammers
22-Jul-06, 22:44
Have you tried re-booting your puter.Our phone line goes dead sometimes and only comes back when puter been re-booted,tried new micro filters but same thing happens.Worth a try.

WeeBurd
23-Jul-06, 12:02
Sounds like one of your ADSL Filters is on the blink.

Have you tried unpluggiung an ADSL filter and then plugging your phone directly into the socket? If not try that. If the phone works then you need a new filter.....

beetlecrusher
23-Jul-06, 13:58
It was like that in Bower on Saturday too. Better today.

Kaishowing
23-Jul-06, 14:20
AOL's just had an 'episode' here...not sure if it was just us, or the phonelines or what...but I hate it when the PC has a brain-fart like that![evil]