PDA

View Full Version : Rumster Forrest

Invisible
22-Sep-10, 18:49
Was up at Rumster Forrest (whats left of it) and was very disappointed in the state of the trees. The trees have been chopped down but not removed and it made me a wee bit upset to see my memories of happy childhood at Rumster rapidly disappearing

http://www.facebook.com/robert.j.macgregor?v=wall&story_fbid=156967697655919&ref=notif&notif_t=feed_comment#%21/photo.php?pid=5103978&id=596332821&ref=fbx_album&fbid=439942272821

mumof2
22-Sep-10, 19:58
i was there i think in the summer hols and i agree, nothing much left and certainly not how i remembered it from when i was young. shame.

George Brims
22-Sep-10, 20:33
You lot must be younger than me. I remember when there were NO trees on that hill. Coincidentally, the forester in charge of planting them died in Inverness just a few days a go.

Tubthumper
22-Sep-10, 20:36
I assume the trees were mature and ready for felling, and that there will be new planting (including broadleaved species) going in? I'm pretty sure the Forestry Commission were looking to improve it as a community woodland to be proud of, but I suppose that will take a while till the trees get established.

Do you think it might be possible to rejuvenate the hill-climb track?

Green_not_greed
22-Sep-10, 21:59
I'd blame global warming...

Probably cleared the lot to make way for a windfarm.

Invisible
22-Sep-10, 23:04
I'd blame global warming...

Probably cleared the lot to make way for a windfarm.

No its the forrestry coming in with their big vehicles not cleaning up afterwards