PDA

View Full Version : Cortisone injection

silverlady
22-Sep-10, 17:39
Anyone had any unpleasant side effects after a cortisone injection...side effect only showing themselves about a week later? :roll:

Scunner
22-Sep-10, 17:51
no problems, but a great deal less pain

John Little
22-Sep-10, 18:03
No problems for me either- shouldn't be really because cortisone is produced by your body anyway.

Side effects may be due to something else. I get reactions to some injections but it ain't the stuff itself that causes the reaction - it's the carrier fluid.

EG I cannot have a flu injection. The vaccine's fine. But the carrier fluid is something to do with eggs and I get anaphylaxis which is quite unpleasant.

What reactions are you getting?

silverlady
22-Sep-10, 19:02
Just a general malaise ish feeling, canna put finger on exactly what. Like a good friend says, "its far from ma hert!" Obviously it could be a virusy thing, there's always something on the go. I'm sure my wellness will return!;)

bekisman
22-Sep-10, 19:11
Used to have quite a few injections (knees) - discovering that most Doctors did it perfectly, whilst a few were clumsy gits and hurt like hell whilst they jabbed around. But no, never had any side-effects..

ShelleyCowie
22-Sep-10, 19:15
Hubby had it done and had no effect at all :( not even the pain relief.

Might be worth speaking to your GP if you have taken a reaction to it.

silverlady
22-Sep-10, 19:31
Was at Doc today, who said it could be a reaction to the cortisone, or could be a virus... the Head Physio who gave me the injection was fantastic, injection was painless and quick, for which I was grateful- I just wait and see if anything develops. Was interested to see if any others had similar - thanks for all replies :D

ShelleyCowie
22-Sep-10, 19:40
Was at Doc today, who said it could be a reaction to the cortisone, or could be a virus... the Head Physio who gave me the injection was fantastic, injection was painless and quick, for which I was grateful- I just wait and see if anything develops. Was interested to see if any others had similar - thanks for all replies :D

Can i be a nosey posey and ask if u had it done in Inverness? :D OH is waiting to hear about another set of injections to be done with a CT machine now that they have diagnosed him. Been waiting ages!

silverlady
22-Sep-10, 22:38
Can i be a nosey posey and ask if u had it done in Inverness? :D OH is waiting to hear about another set of injections to be done with a CT machine now that they have diagnosed him. Been waiting ages!

No problem - it was done in Wick, just in the physio dept. Hope OH gets appt soon, waiting is never nice :confused

snow tiger
23-Sep-10, 08:10
i had mine done in wick made no difference, then got another one done in Inverness hurt a bit but made no difference.

jings00
23-Sep-10, 08:15
I had mine into my achilles tendons, it was pretty sore at the time.
You are recommended only to have a very few into a tendon as it can cause it to "perish", kinda thing. (I was fully informed beforehand)
My right achilles snapped, but I don't think it was as a direct result of the injection.

Hoida
23-Sep-10, 12:48
Anyone had any unpleasant side effects after a cortisone injection...side effect only showing themselves about a week later? :roll:
Have pm'd you:lol::lol:

bagpuss
23-Sep-10, 22:53
one side effect can be damage to kidneys

Dadie
23-Sep-10, 23:01
sore as anything once the anaesthetic wore off for too long (a few hours/night) throbbed like anything...:(
Thats it .. think the doc hit the bone though!

Doreen
24-Sep-10, 16:44
I had my wrists done and the relief was great i had no side effects:D

tonkatojo
24-Sep-10, 17:10
I have R/A, I have had it for 21 yrs. I first started getting cortisone injections 36 yrs ago into my shoulders I was told I was "poly-arthritic)-". since then I have had injections into wrists, ankles, knees, hips numerous times, I moved on to "kenalog" steroid injections and cortisone as well now.
I have never had a problem with reactions but have very thin skin now " pre senile bruising " it is called, my skin is very week and it tears and bruises extremely easily. But the relief is worth it.