PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know

squidge
22-Sep-10, 15:37
of any online shop that sells high quality meat and will send it abroad.

My parents live in France and would love a nice piece of rolled sirloin or leg of pork but i can seem to find an online butcher to deliver abroad.

Any ideas?

golach
22-Sep-10, 15:45

My parents live in France and would love a nice piece of rolled sirloin or leg of pork but i can seem to find an online butcher to deliver abroad.

Any ideas?

Squidge, the transportation of meat or the importation of British Meat to France is very difficult, the French do not like our farmers, and I doubt if you would be allowed due to Revenue and Customs regulations, sorry

BillyEspie
22-Sep-10, 16:33
here you go mate tell your parents to give this guy a try, he is a british butcher is the south of france and give my name a mention cheers

http://www.johnpricethebutcher.com/

highland red
22-Sep-10, 16:41
Squidge, the transportation of meat or the importation of British Meat to France is very difficult, the French do not like our farmers, and I doubt if you would be allowed due to Revenue and Customs regulations, sorry

This is outside the scope of Revenue and Customs. Not only because this is NOT an export (personal), but because it would be classed as an intra EU acquisition.

Strictly speaking you should try to contact the agency in France (sorry I'm no longer sure who this is), as ultimately they are the body that will have all the answers in regard to any movement of foodstuffs and restrictions etc into France.

It's possible, with France being a close EU Member State that you may get some "guidance" from DEFRA ( www.defra.gov.uk (http://www.defra.gov.uk)).

Squidge is pretty well on the money though, when she says that it might be a problem.

All the best. HR

Ricco
26-Sep-10, 11:08

Any ideas?

I cannot believe that gastronomic France is incapable of producing such a joint! Perhaps you parents shoudl come to visit you occasionally and you could do them a roast? :eek:

BillyEspie
26-Sep-10, 11:17
Hiya i was just wondering did that guy get back to you that i put you in touch with? hope he can help you and you parents out, he seems a really good butcher and has a great reputation too