PDA

View Full Version : Northern Sands

WickLad08
22-Sep-10, 01:07
Had a meal short ago at the Northern Sands Hotel at Dunnet. The meal was terrible as it was burnt and cold, I never thought the two could go together. I raised a polite complaint about it with the management and asked if I could be rectified and they were extremely rude and arrogant. I shall not be returning and will go to the St Clair in Castletown from now on. A much better meal, nicer surroundings and much much more obliging staff.

buggyracer
22-Sep-10, 08:47
always been happy with my meal in the Northern sands, had the carvery once and it was excellent! :)

TisIivy
22-Sep-10, 08:53
are you any thing to do with norseman or castletown as you are recommending both in seperate threads whilst slagging their competition? I have also been to carvery at dunnet and it was excellent and the staff were friendly and helpful can't comment on other two as have never been

upolian
22-Sep-10, 09:16
are you any thing to do with norseman or castletown as you are recommending both in seperate threads whilst slagging their competition? I have also been to carvery at dunnet and it was excellent and the staff were friendly and helpful can't comment on other two as have never been

My sentiment exactly,

I found the northern sands to be good :)

Northern Sands
22-Sep-10, 11:54
We are extremely sorry if anyone has had a bad experience at the hotel. Management were certainly not made aware of any problem! "Wick Lad08" If you wish to discuss any problem you had please feel free to contact me with details and we will make arrangements for you and your guests to return for a meal on the hotel! We do take any complaints very seriously and deal with them accordingly, thankfully this is not a common occurance for us.

Donald sinclair
Proprietor

changilass
22-Sep-10, 11:59
From the replys on here I don't think anyone is taking either his non recommendation or his recommendations very seriously.

Most on here are saying Northern Sands is good grub, that is good enough for me.

As for his recommendation: I hope no one will be put off going to Castletown as food there is really nice.

Niall Fernie
22-Sep-10, 12:23
I am closing this thread based on the previous post by WickLad08:

I worked at the hotel

http://forum.caithness.org/showpost.php?p=368071&postcount=62