PDA

View Full Version : Wifi not working

rs 2k
21-Sep-10, 22:56
Hiya

Can anyone please help

The lightening last week fried our hub and we have now got a new 1, but having problems connecting our laptops to the new hub, we have 2 laptops with built in wifi and can't get either of them to connect with new hub!! :confused

Anyone got any idea please

PS main computer is plugged into the hub with ethernet cable and that is working fine

Cheers

appreciate any help

b3n
22-Sep-10, 00:08
What error are you getting on your laptop? Is wifi turned on within the settings of the router? What lights are flashing on the front of the router? Can your laptops see your router broadcasting?

dx100uk
22-Sep-10, 02:06
look under available wireless networks on the laptops concerned
can you see the wireless connection of your new hub?

is the 'wireless' icon on the front of the hub lit?

dx

Moonboots
22-Sep-10, 10:05
You will need to use a new WPA2 key / code which is located on the base of the hub.

rs 2k
22-Sep-10, 10:22
Hiya

"No wireless networks were found in range" thats all i am getting,refresh network list and still nothing

If i put mouse over icon (monitor) at the bottom the hub is there and it says not connected, so i have tried repair, nothing,open network connections, nothing :confused

All the lights on the hub r lit blue

I have took my laptop to the hub and a bit more is happening, it has found the hub and when i click connect it is trying but then back to the start "No wireless networks found in range

We had no problems before the lightening, even when we got an upto date hub just b4 christmas last year laptop found it no bother, this is the same hub we got again

I have refreshed it again and i now have 3 chose's BTOpenzone,BTFON and our homehub, it says BTOpenzone is connected to this network, well i have tried going on internet and page is not available :~(

rs 2k
22-Sep-10, 10:23
You will need to use a new WPA2 key / code which is located on the base of the hub.

I have done that :~(

Moonboots
22-Sep-10, 11:23
It may be a fault with the homehub or wireless channel.

I personally havnt got one to know the exact settings however i think if you goto the admin of the hub on the PC thats connected and try changing the wireless channel.

goto http://bthomehub.home then put in admin user and password if requested.

Then goto settings then Wireless and change the channel number to either 1, 7 or 11

Hope this helps

rs 2k
22-Sep-10, 15:55
Hooray :D

Thanx very much moonboots, sorted, changed it to channel 7

I can't thank you enough

I am delighted :D

dx100uk
23-Sep-10, 00:32
interesting result - but well done mb

not got a home dect wander phone nearby have you
or any other wireless devices that might have been on the same [old] channel that were blocking it out?

dx

Moonboots
23-Sep-10, 08:34
Hooray :D

Thanx very much moonboots, sorted, changed it to channel 7

I can't thank you enough

I am delighted :D

No problem... Glad to help...

As what Dx is saying.. its probably down to you or your next door neighbour having more wireless devices using the same channel and that was causing the problems.