PDA

View Full Version : Slow internet; out west?

bekisman
21-Sep-10, 19:43
Has anyone else experienced a dramatic slowing down of their internet speed this afternoon (and even right now); mainly 'Out West'? :(

John Little
21-Sep-10, 19:46
It's probably general to the UK Bekisman - this afternoon was slow at work. Downloading anything was almost impossible.

I blame the US!

bekisman
21-Sep-10, 21:12
Just rang Virgin.net 0800 052 4329 and recorded message: "major service outage, Scotland, Northern England and the Midlands" Blimey maybe it is the US!

bobman
21-Sep-10, 21:37
There is a large BRAS down in Falkirk which has affected speeds all over scotland and north englandshire

bekisman
21-Sep-10, 22:19
There is a large BRAS down in Falkirk which has affected speeds all over scotland and north englandshire

Is that a 44 DD? (only kidding;it's a broadband remote access server) ;)

Logical
21-Sep-10, 22:31
Centre of Thurso we get a good 6-10mb through the day which is amazing, but this time of night it drops to as low as 0.5mb speeds.

Yours might be slow just be because this is prime time and so many other people are using the internet right now.

bekisman
21-Sep-10, 23:17
Centre of Thurso we get a good 6-10mb through the day which is amazing, but this time of night it drops to as low as 0.5mb speeds.

Yours might be slow just be because this is prime time and so many other people are using the internet right now.

I'm usually on 5 meg, and 4 meg busy times - but this time it's down to Virgin etc (see #3 above) hopefully they will have it sorted over night

Aestus57
22-Sep-10, 09:24
:cry: I'm on Bt Broadband in Halkirk and the speed has dropped dramatically over the last month. waiting for pictures and video to load up is painful. :~(

bekisman
22-Sep-10, 09:44
I'm usually on 5 meg, and 4 meg busy times - but this time it's down to Virgin etc (see #3 above) hopefully they will have it sorted over night

Yes they did (by the way included northern Ireland in outage too) I'm now on 5656 kbps (nice for here!)