PDA

View Full Version : Oz

weefee
21-Sep-10, 18:12
Our cat Oz (Ozzy) hasn't returned home since last night which is very unusual. We are in the Pennyland/Atomics area, he is a small black cat, only a year old, longish haired and is more tail than cat.......bit concerned he may have got shut in a shed somewhere as he is a big of an investigator of things he shouldn't, kids are missing him like mad too :(

He is microchipped and a timid around strangers

Liz
21-Sep-10, 20:04
So sorry that Oz has gone missing and know how worried you must be.

As you suspect it is very possible that he is shut in somewhere as this happens to the majority of cats who go missing.

Have you contacted the SSPCA, Cats Protection and the Vets?

Also worth putting up posters in your area and asking neighbours to check their outbuildings.

Hope Oz arrives home soon!

weefee
24-Sep-10, 16:44
Still no sign of him, tried Balmore and the Vets but he hasn't been handed in. Have my neighbours all keeping and eye out too....just hope he is ok :(

Liz
24-Sep-10, 18:12
Aw really hope you find him soon.

I have been there on a few occasions so know how awful it is.:~(

The problem is if he is timid of strangers even if he is shut in then he may not come out for someone other than yourself.
This happened once with one of my cats who went missing. We had checked the sheds in our area and it turned out he was in the first one we had checked but because our neighbour was with us at the time he stayed hidden!
Something made us go back alone after a week and he'd been shut in there all along!!!
So, if at all possible, it may be a good idea to check buildings yourself.

Cats are amazing animals though and the biggest majority who go missing turn up safe and well as if they had never been away.

weefee
03-Oct-10, 13:10
glad to report, we received a phone call on Friday night from a lovely family to say they had found a cat similar to Oz and low and behold it was our fuzzy faced friend.....he was so happy to see us and has spent the past couple of days curled up on our knees and being pampered. Hopefully he won't be adventuring again for a while!!

Liz
03-Oct-10, 13:26
That is brilliant news!!!:D

teenybash
03-Oct-10, 13:27
You must feel so relieved that your fuzzy face is home safe and sound....happy for you all.:)