PDA

View Full Version : Part time posties

veekay
20-Sep-10, 18:43
I don't know if anyone out there can enlighten me, I have just over heard a conversation (I didn't earwig it was a loud conversation honest it was)to the effect that the post office delivery place in Thurso is going to put its posties on part time working. I wonder just how this will affect our deliveries, will we get just one delivery a week or will it be a do it yourself postal delivery system and have to fetch it ourselves.

poppett
20-Sep-10, 18:50
It wouldn`t surprise me if we ended up collecting our own mail. On Saturday myself and a neighbour witnessed the postie handing letters on the street to children to deliver.............totally unacceptable.

EDDIE
20-Sep-10, 19:59
It probabaly wont affect the service the likes of argos and the supermarkets prefer part time staff its cheaper they dont have to pay for pensions and i think it cheaper on tax as well
Thats probably why they are wanting to have more part time staff than full time its all about cost

annemarie482
20-Sep-10, 20:22
they will probably do what most companies do,
take on more staff but all on part time contracts,
shorter hours means less holidays, entitlements and breaks to cover!

sandyr1
20-Sep-10, 22:21
FYI...You have a Canadian.... Barbara Greene, who is now in charge of the UK Postal Service.
Her goal...and the UK Gov'ts., is to sell 49% to private business.
I think someone said it's called 'slash & burn' or something like that....but she did save the Gov't Billions.
So you can look forward to no more than 5 days a week service, and you will be picking your own........ The new way!

Bobinovich
20-Sep-10, 22:38
I believe we're moving to fortnightly bin collections too shortly, so I'm looking forward to a reduction in my Council Tax bill... :roll:[lol]:mad:

changilass
20-Sep-10, 22:51
Think you'd better go to specsavers Bob, but I don't think even they will help you see your discount.

shazzap
20-Sep-10, 22:59
Think you'd better go to specsavers Bob, but I don't think even they will help you see your discount.

Ha ha ha [lol]

EDDIE
21-Sep-10, 16:53
I believe we're moving to fortnightly bin collections too shortly, so I'm looking forward to a reduction in my Council Tax bill... :roll:[lol]:mad:

Dont worry u would be suprised how much you can pack in your bin if you try the only downside with fortnightly collection is if you forget to put the bins out that week you really are stuffed

Mik.M.
21-Sep-10, 20:10
I`m the one who does the sarcasm,Bob.