PDA

View Full Version : Lorry Hire

All boxed up
20-Sep-10, 13:35
Hi All,

I was looking for some input, I am thinking of investing in a horse lorry with the view to possibly transport horses,experienced horse person. would this be a service that people would use hereabouts.
Let me know what you think.

thanks

madman
20-Sep-10, 15:56
do you have an operators license?i think you have to have this if transporting for paid reward and suitable insurance but please correct me if i'm wrong (they are to cover your own back if anything should go wrong)but i wish you luck in your new venture:D

craigmancie
20-Sep-10, 16:38
I dont think you would be able to make a living at this but i deffo think some people would use it.
Eric Gillies the most popular horse transporting company wont even entertain coming into Caithness unless they have a few to drop off/pick up. Stiff competion with them though as their prices are really reasonable even if you can only get the horse to Inverness, but people might pay a little extra for less hassle.
I know further down south Gillies have other companys working along side them, mayb that could be something to look into??

All boxed up
20-Sep-10, 19:26
do you have an operators license?i think you have to have this if transporting for paid reward and suitable insurance but please correct me if i'm wrong (they are to cover your own back if anything should go wrong)but i wish you luck in your new venture:D

Hi have all the above in hand if i decide to proceed with my venture.

Pony
21-Sep-10, 13:13
Good luck with your venture if you go ahead - I think it would be really handy to have horse transport service available up here. Last year my pony got really ill and I was suddenly faced with taking her to Dick vet. If there had been a transport service available I definately would have used it because I was freaked out at the thought of trying to find my way to Dick vet with a sick horse (I had never driven my trailer outside Caithness and not familiar with the roads South of Inverness). Not sure if you would get enough work to make a living though - but best of luck and I hope it takes off.

froal
21-Sep-10, 19:26
Maybe you could do transport for those that cann't get to shows locally there's lots of folk without a trailer etc
Good luck:D

barley
23-Sep-10, 08:01
have you got a trailer or box , i might need a horse picking up from inverness, thanks

AliciaMackinnon
23-Sep-10, 11:12
Id defo use this service!!! It would come in handy soon possibly as I am wanting a horse moved from halkirk to thurso and hav no use of a lorry or trailer!!! I know its only a short distance but I might also use your service say if I ever wanted to get to the indoor school at halkrk etc!!!!