PDA

View Full Version : Resealable plastic bag for aeroplane

neepnipper
19-Sep-10, 22:37
Does anyone know where I could buy a 20cm x 20cm clear plastic resealable bag to put toiletries in in my hand baggage on a flight I'm going on?

annemarie482
19-Sep-10, 22:46
tesco?

resealable food bags?!

i know tesco do the travel bottles you can decant your stuff into so maybe bags too?

Mrs Sweetie
19-Sep-10, 23:06
I just use a resealable food bag but I've seen bags at departures for passengers to help themselves.

_Ju_
20-Sep-10, 06:45
they don't let you help yourself anymore. Now you are charged £2,00 for one bag at the vending machines. Even more: if the bag you have is too big or in anyother way not quite what they want, you either have to throw away what goes in it or buy a £2.00 bag.

Mrs Sweetie
20-Sep-10, 12:28
:eek: £2.00!!!! :eek: I last flew in July and I didn't notice any vending machines but I'm sure the bags were free in Edinburgh Airport then. I thought it was bad enough paying £1.50 for a small bottle of water!

Phill
20-Sep-10, 12:45
Edinburgh had them for free the other day, but you can only take one!
I wonder, did the Pope have this problem?

_Ju_
20-Sep-10, 12:54
I have recently flown through Manchester and Heathrow, Bristol ( I think- it was a transit point) and Belfast. All were charging £2.00. The vending machines held little yellow plastic containers (like the things you find in Kinder eggs, but bigger) with the bags in them. Maybe only English airports are charging?

flowertot
20-Sep-10, 13:44
Does anyone know where I could buy a 20cm x 20cm clear plastic resealable bag to put toiletries in in my hand baggage on a flight I'm going on?

I have bodyshop regime bags - they are waterproof and have a drawstring they are also clear.

Good strong bags

If you would like a couple drop me a line with your address, etc

Or if you are in Thurso I can drop one of to you

:)

neepnipper
21-Sep-10, 18:22
Thanks for all your help, have decided to take the easy option and buy all my toiletries when I get there!

Phill
21-Sep-10, 19:39
Why don't you put 'em in yer suitcase instead of taking them on as handbaggage?

neepnipper
21-Sep-10, 21:27
I'm only taking hand luggage, just a small suitcase that is less the Easyjets size specifications for hand luggage, I'm only away for 4 days so don't need to take much so took advantage of their discount if you don't put a suitcase in the hold.

Dadie
21-Sep-10, 21:55
fingers xxed for you that the hotel has the complimentary shower gel/shampoo etc then you dont have to get any!

neepnipper
21-Sep-10, 22:19
Staying with relatives so will probably pinch their stuff, just nice to take your own rather than having to scrounge!

Fran
22-Sep-10, 00:32
I'm going to Spain in November, exactly what are you allowed to take and where must it be packed, this is all new to me. Last time i went abroad all shampoos and shower gels etc were full bottles and in my hand luggage.

_Ju_
22-Sep-10, 07:48
In your hand luggage you can take any (legal) toiletries/liquids/pastes but they have to be in containers of no more than 100ml. What matters is the size of the container. Medicine, baby food and milk might be exempt, but I am not absolutely sure about the baby stuff.

Mrs Sweetie
22-Sep-10, 09:44
This will either help or make things more confusing!

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTransport/Publictransport/AirtravelintheUK/DG_078179

Dadie
22-Sep-10, 10:14
Bleugh..tasting baby food...or formula milk..:eek: