PDA

View Full Version : Depressed Dog Can you help?

cuddlepop
21-Jul-06, 11:33
Our collie's ten this year and seems more down than usual.
Been to the vet before when she was like this and he could find nothing wrong,called her a phoney and sent her backin.She's eating,drinking ,excited when we take her a walk,plays in the sea,catches stones that we're not suppose to throw for her cause she lost so many teeth through breakages etc.When you look at her its as if she's so unhappy.Is it old age?Have any of my other fellow org's had a dog do this?Help.:~(

carasmam
21-Jul-06, 12:32
Hi Cuddlepop My jack russell is 11 today and some days she's like a puppy and some days she looks so depressed its sorrowful. She always comes round in her own time, I guess they are a bit like us and have their moments ;)

katarina
21-Jul-06, 12:40
Our collie's ten this year and seems more down than usual.
Been to the vet before when she was like this and he could find nothing wrong,called her a phoney and sent her backin.She's eating,drinking ,excited when we take her a walk,plays in the sea,catches stones that we're not suppose to throw for her cause she lost so many teeth through breakages etc.When you look at her its as if she's so unhappy.Is it old age?Have any of my other fellow org's had a dog do this?Help.:~(
Buy her a dram and take her out on the town - works for me!

sweep
21-Jul-06, 13:17
our spaniel was a bit like that in his last few years. i think he was quite happy really,its just he looked so depressed and introverted. i just kept speaking to him -i'm sure he could lip-read - and he liked his routine ,walks, food etc. it was him winding down so probably quite normal.

cuddlepop
21-Jul-06, 15:04
She's out the back garden sniffing around,your probably right its old age and the onset of the wind down years.:roll: Thanks for the reassurence.

bigjjuk
21-Jul-06, 15:09
I know it sounds silly but cuddles and attention work wonders, if they seem down then make more of a fuss. You watch your dog cheer up

cuddlepop
21-Jul-06, 15:14
We.re doing that its just that she seems to need a personell cheer her up ur all the time.Will just need to take her camping she loved it last year.
What will i put in my leave sheet for exceptional circumstances...Dog suicidal?:confused

connieb19
21-Jul-06, 15:38
Try Bioforce flower essence, I don't know if it work but it might be worth a try..:)

Carlo Gambino
21-Jul-06, 16:32
Try some Red wine , it works for our pet dog.

cuddlepop
21-Jul-06, 21:30
Thanks for your suggestions.Will give the Bach remedy a try Connie,but share my red wine mmmmm.Who much do i love her:lol: