PDA

View Full Version : Robin Hood

porshiepoo
19-Sep-10, 18:20
I know the film was released a while ago but I've only just got around to watching it and I figured that as it's released on Blueray/DVD on Monday, I'd just put up what I thought.

Pretty darn good actually!
I put off watching it cos we've all seen one too many Robin Hood films right? How much stealing from the rich and giving to the poor and wooeing of Marion can we all suffer?

I was pleased to see that this is the story before he became the Robin Hood of legend.
It begins with the Crusades and tells the story of how Robin became Robin of Loxeley and how he led an uprising against the crown and our rather fickle King - John.
Only downside to this film for me was that I don't think Cate Blanchett was the best choice for role of Marion. She just didn't sit right for me.

Great film though, I'll def be buying the DVD.

froal
07-Oct-10, 18:37
i did like this film as it was the true story but wasn't as action packed as all the others on the same story and went on a bit too long i thought but still a watch if anything :D

golach
27-Oct-10, 18:53
went to see this today in Leith, I enjoyed it, plenty of action, Errol Flynn must be turning in his grave [lol]

John Little
29-Oct-10, 21:24
i did like this film as it was the true story but wasn't as action packed as all the others on the same story and went on a bit too long i thought but still a watch if anything :D

It's a fantasy - a good film. But there is no true story - there is not a shred of evidence that Robin Hood ever existed.