PDA

View Full Version : Mummy tummy?

Liz
19-Sep-10, 13:30
As most of you will know I adopted the lovely Molly about 6 weeks ago.

She was in very poor condition after having her kittens but is now looking a picture of health with meat on her bones and a lovely shiny coat.

However,one thing which bothers me is she has a real 'pot belly'.

I've never had a cat who has had kittens before so just wondered whether it is just that her tummy muscles haven't recovered yet?
She gave birth four months ago.

Thanks!:D

teenybash
19-Sep-10, 15:07
I think the lovely Molly will be quite happy with her pot.....Sometimes the old tum doesn't quite get back to what it was after kittens....one cat I had was left with a 'baggy belly' :eek: Of course that became her knickname at times.....Molly and her pot is all the more to cuddle.

Liz
19-Sep-10, 18:01
Thanks Teenybash.:D

I did think that might be the reason for her wee pot belly and, as you say, all the more to love!:lol:

Her belly isn't saggy though but quite firm so that's what worried me a wee bit.
Have given her a homeopathic wormer just in case she does still have some worms.

Apart from that she is doing so well and I love her soooooooo much!

_Ju_
19-Sep-10, 18:27
If you didn't keep her indoors (or away from toms) after having had her kittens, she could be (and probably is) pregnant again Liz.

Liz
19-Sep-10, 18:37
She was fostered by Cats Protection before I got her Ju so kept indoors and spayed after her kittens were weaned so definitely not preggers!:D

I have just discovered these natural products and have ordered some for Molly and my other cat Suzy. Also got some for Benjy.http://verm-x.com/cats.html

I have also ordered a supplement called Pet Plus which sounds really good and am hoping that these two together will keep my pets very healthy.

_Ju_
19-Sep-10, 20:27
:) I'm glad she has been spayed. Two litters a year is alot!

Liz
19-Sep-10, 23:12
:) I'm glad she has been spayed. Two litters a year is alot!

She only had one litter Ju. She turned up at my house heavily pregnant so got CP to foster her until she had her kittens and weaned them.

It must have been worms as gave her a homeopathic wormer earlier and her tummy isn't nearly as swollen.:D

AliciaMackinnon
19-Sep-10, 23:31
never mind the cat.... how the hell do i get rid of my mummy tummy??? ( not that im not proud of it!!!!)

Liz
19-Sep-10, 23:43
Do you want me to send you some wormer Alicia?!:lol:

AliciaMackinnon
20-Sep-10, 00:37
wormer???? :S

Liz
20-Sep-10, 12:25
wormer???? :S

Just my silly sense of humour Alicia!:D

balto
20-Sep-10, 12:59
my cat skye has a pot belly aswell, and she has never had kittens, as she along with all my cats have been done when they reach six months, its most likely a sign of the goodlife liz.

Liz
20-Sep-10, 14:11
Ha ha probably is a bit of the good life Balto but Molly's tum was quite distended ie could be seen at the sides as well.

Since giving her the homeopathic wormer this has gone down a lot and she is more lively and playful today so thinking there were some wrigglies left even after being wormed convenitonally.:confused