PDA

View Full Version : These guys certainly earn their pay...

Bazeye
19-Sep-10, 12:40
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100918/video/vod-amazing-video-of-workers-scaling-hug-dfc7e2c.html (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100918/video/vod-amazing-video-of-workers-scaling-hug-dfc7e2c.html)

John Little
19-Sep-10, 13:28
Like - wow! I never had vertigo before.....

DeHaviLand
19-Sep-10, 13:34
Seen that a few days ago, and found it hard to watch. Amazing to have a 50 odd mile view to the horizon!

mrlennie
19-Sep-10, 14:14
Incredible, love how calm the guy is who commentates.

DeHaviLand
19-Sep-10, 14:31
Aye, but he's not climbing the tower :roll:

DRM
19-Sep-10, 14:50
Feeling sick just watching it!!

dozy
19-Sep-10, 15:10
Many moons ago, i got the chance to go up the 600ft tower at the yankee base at Forss .What a view ,i just wish i had a camera that day ..

George Brims
20-Sep-10, 20:47
If someone pointed a gun at me and said they would shoot me if I didn't climb up there, I would tell them to pull the trigger!

bekisman
20-Sep-10, 21:00
Some height that!.. often watch Sean Riley and his World's Toughest Fixes - (looks a pratt, but a really nice chap and a great personality) anyone see the episode 'Sean Riley works to fix a faulty TV antenna nearly half a mile in the air.' - that was awesome!

Phill
20-Sep-10, 22:24
to fix a faulty TV antenna nearly half a mile in the air.

A long whiley ago I knew a manny that was sent out to fix various bits n' pieces up these masts, usually it was at night when it was blowing a hoolie with rain and hail coming sideways.
Apparently they were not very keen on switching the TV transmitters off so at least he was kept warm up there.

annemarie482
20-Sep-10, 22:28
If someone pointed a gun at me and said they would shoot me if I didn't climb up there, I would tell them to pull the trigger!

lol me too!!!

welsh-witch
20-Sep-10, 22:37
mmm feel quite wobbly after that:confused

brandy
21-Sep-10, 10:16
omg.. i got all sweaty and clammy just watching that... feel a bit sick.. wonder what thier wives think about it? after seeing that video.. i would so make my husband quit and find another job!

Dadie
21-Sep-10, 15:46
I go all wobbly just standing on the breakfast bar seats:lol:
I couldnt do that even if someone offered me a millon quid!
I feel funny looking down through those open weave chequer plates at the ground below.

donnick
21-Sep-10, 18:23
OMG I COULDNT WATCH IT ALL ,my ass started to vibrate:eek: .i am very scared of heights so theses guy deserve every penny :lol:

brandy
21-Sep-10, 18:32
i wonder what their pay rate is?

Bazeye
21-Sep-10, 18:54
omg.. i got all sweaty and clammy just watching that... feel a bit sick.. wonder what thier wives think about it? after seeing that video.. i would so make my husband quit and find another job!

Mebbe thats why the second guy had his face blurred so his wife and kids dont find out.