PDA

View Full Version : What would you do

nightspirit
19-Sep-10, 11:31
Here is the question :- What Would You Do ?

Plus side :-

You have more of you partners family around you who are more willing to be helpfull.
You are away from a bad area.
you are away from a boss who is petty and discriminatory but the work does nothing about it.
you do have somewhere to stay temporarily in now location.
new location will be better for your health.
better surroundings for your children to grow up in
children not of school age

Negative side :-

you will be leaving a number off your friends
will be leaving a small number of your immediate family who you do not get support from (partner does tho)
selling your home
leaving a reasonably well paid job

annemarie482
19-Sep-10, 11:44
sounds like you've already made you mind up.......

BillyEspie
19-Sep-10, 12:09
well the way i see it is you are running from the problems that arise, i think you would gain more confidence to stand up to your boss to start with as it is wrong for any boss to discriminate anyone, plus if you stand up to your boss and tell them that their behaviour is unacceptable then they have to do something about it, even tell your boss that you wont stand for much more of the nonsense that they show towards you, that is the major step you should take everyone on the org will stand by you
as for the rest i know things might be better in a new area but what if it is the same as the place you have left what do you do then? do you run from it all again?
if you feel you aint getting support from your hubbies family and speak to your hubby and tell him how you feel about it all and try to come to some sort of arrangement with your hubby that you will both stand on your two own feet, the problem wont go away they just build up and keep building up til you cant take nomore and you dont want that, you want to be happy and smiling but first of all speak to your boss and when you speak to him take someone in with you as a witness if anything then you will see you have a little bit of confidence restored with in yourself. i hope this all makes sense and helps you out in the future but honestly i say hell no to your poll, dont leave just cause of others

Vistravi
19-Sep-10, 13:53
Do it because you want to not just because you have to.

Support from family helps but being self efficent is always a good thing to be. I have a young son and i do everything. I may live with my mum atm while we get our own house sorted out but she does not help me unless i have my driving lesson or i let her. I am very good at looking after my boy on my own with no help and that extends to cleaning up, washing and putting out our and my families clothes, washing dishes and making dinner. I do it all for my boy and myself. When my partner is away me time is at the weekend when my partner's dad has him for the afternoon. Half an hour to read a book when he sleeps does me too.
But as we now have our family car my driving will come on alot faster so i will soon pass my test.

Support when you need it and want it is good but its not everything if you're as self efficent as i am.

I have always been independent and therefore don't really like needing someone to help me. I let them when i need it.

changilass
19-Sep-10, 14:06
Your pluses(? is that even a word?) far outweigh your negatives, so you have already decided, even if you don't know it yet lol.

nightspirit
19-Sep-10, 14:07
Wife would like to go back to work but the cost down where we are atm would pretty much wipe that out leaving us no better off. we do everything as it is on our own as it seems too much bother for my parents to help us. (The are used by my sister for everything)

John Little
19-Sep-10, 14:13
Bad area. Boss is a bear. Non supportive relatives.

I'd move. Now!

squidge
19-Sep-10, 15:14
Running away from something is never the answer but running to something can very well be a good answer. So, I would say that you need to be honest about your motivation. If you are moving to get away from having to do the hard stuff- dealing with your boss, tackling your partners relatives and so on, then the Answer is don't go. If however you 're looking at an opportunity to start a new life, new job, be closer as a family then I would say do it.

I made two big moves in my life. One with job house husband and kids up to Caithness,if I am honest although there were loads of positive reasons for the move, I was still hoping the moving would resolve a painful situation and make it go away. It didn't.

The second move was to move to something and everyone thought I was mad to go with no job. I soon got a job and the new life I was searching for.

teenybash
19-Sep-10, 15:17
Here is the question :- What Would You Do ?

Plus side :-

You have more of you partners family around you who are more willing to be helpfull.
You are away from a bad area.
you are away from a boss who is petty and discriminatory but the work does nothing about it.
you do have somewhere to stay temporarily in now location.
new location will be better for your health.
better surroundings for your children to grow up in
children not of school age

Above says it all....quality of life, health and children are all priorities.

Quality of life = Happiness, contentment,
Health = Strength, happiness and contentment.
Children = Lovely childhood memories for you all, strength, happiness and contentment.
Result.................Move......:)

Gives relatives, family and friends an opportunity to visit and spend quality time with you.

Logical
19-Sep-10, 19:08
Don't be sucked in by the "Stand up and fight like a man" line.

Especially when moving from bad or rough areas i've found its best to move.

Just my opinion though. Hope it works out for you.

EDDIE
19-Sep-10, 22:52
Wife would like to go back to work but the cost down where we are atm would pretty much wipe that out leaving us no better off. we do everything as it is on our own as it seems too much bother for my parents to help us. (The are used by my sister for everything)

Well you no what they say the grass is always greener until u get there?
Why bring your parents into your problems you should be standing on your own 2 feet anyway.
In this climate at the moment you should be thankful you have a job with reasonable pay and i think its not the best of time to go switching jobs with unemployment levels going up.
If you have a horrible boss you just have to grin and bare it like the rest of us do.

I think you want to move away because you dont think you get enough attention of your immediate family and you think u will get more attention from your partners family.