PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Driving Instructors - Wick

kinky3mz
18-Sep-10, 10:42
Hey was just wondering if anyone can help me with who's the best driving instructor to get from Wick? Who has the best pass rate etc?

Thanks

telfordstar
18-Sep-10, 13:19
As a learner driver my self its not about high pass rates etc is about yourself and how quick you learn and cope behind the wheel that gets you passed. Im going with lee cartright after my hols in october as my previous instructer has stopped doing it now, he came recommended.

mrlennie
18-Sep-10, 13:41
I'm with lee he's good at teaching and doesn't stress you out 10/10

kinky3mz
18-Sep-10, 15:18
I didn't necesarily mean it was all about the pass rates, it's just i wouldn't want to go with someone who isn't as good as other people may be :) Do know if Lee Cartwright has a home number/ work number or is it just a mobile number? I've also been told that Marion Mackay is meant to be good as is Bruce Paterson but to be honest iv heard a lot more about Lee than the other two :confused

telfordstar
18-Sep-10, 19:00
Ive watched bruce patterson doing manouvers in very stupid and dangerous places!! Pm northener on here thats lee.

Tilly Teckel
25-Sep-10, 18:15
Ace Driving School (Willie MacDonald) is very good; a lovely man who puts you at your ease and has been doing it for 40 years so really knows his stuff. Highly recommend him!

Sketch
01-Nov-10, 17:32
Phoenix Driving School is back and is taking bookings now.

Re-structured lessons and lesson hours to suit all needs, very patient , cheaper, quicker and better. Gift vouchers for any occasion.

Open Monday to Sunday 8:30am - 7:45pm

(01955) 605687

or

Or leave a message and he'll call you back.

ticbhoy
01-Nov-10, 18:13
Francis Dunnet is a very good instructor, very friendly and patient

Sketch
11-Nov-10, 12:12
Now is the time to take your driving lessons before the prices rise in the New Year for most, if not all, driving schools.
The cost of driving lessons have dropped a little, or been held static, due to the recession but will rise again for driving schools due to the rise in VAT and the cost of living etc. There couldn't be a better time for learners than now.

As you may or may not know, the Chancellor announced that the standard rate of VAT will increase to 20% on 4 January 2011. From this date…

Book soon and save on block bookings, semi-intensive courses, residential courses etc; it's still possible to take and complete a full course before the VAT rise..

Kevin Milkins
11-Nov-10, 16:58
Now is the time to take your driving lessons before the prices rise in the New Year for most, if not all, driving schools.
The cost of driving lessons have dropped a little, or been held static, due to the recession but will rise again for driving schools due to the rise in VAT and the cost of living etc. There couldn't be a better time for learners than now.

As you may or may not know, the Chancellor announced that the standard rate of VAT will increase to 20% on 4 January 2011. From this date…

Book soon and save on block bookings, semi-intensive courses, residential courses etc; it's still possible to take and complete a full course before the VAT rise..

Thanks for the heads up on that.:Razz

Mr's M is talking about starting to learn, (again) and I think she may be serious this time.:confused

Has anyone got Lee Cartwrights number? he seems to be the one everyone is recommending at the moment.

Alice in Blunderland
11-Nov-10, 17:24
Thanks for the heads up on that.

Mr's M is talking about starting to learn, (again) and I think she may be serious this time.:confused

Has anyone got Lee Cartwrights number? he seems to be the one everyone is recommending at the moment.

Lee's number is 01955631212 Poor sod takes my daughter out !! :eek:

I am sure you can always take Mrs M out for a spin in between lessons :lol:

Sketch
12-Nov-10, 04:19
Phoenix driving school is also taking on again. Brand New Ford Fiesta edge

(01955) 605687

or

or

phoenixlearners@aol.com

Kevin Milkins
12-Nov-10, 09:44
I am sure you can always take Mrs M out for a spin in between lessons :lol:

We have been married 38 years in three weeks time,:D I don't think it would be very probable to manage 39 if I was to sit by the side of her and pretend to have confidence in her driving skills.:confused

Alice in Blunderland
12-Nov-10, 09:54
We have been married 38 years in three weeks time, I don't think it would be very probable to manage 39 if I was to sit by the side of her and pretend to have confidence in her driving skills.:confused

Wooo and you may not hit the thirty nine years after she reads that you have just commented on your lack of faith in her abulities [lol]

Go on she may surprise you you know you want to really...................or are you afraid she may turn out to be a better driver ;)

she could drive you to mines for a cuppa

Sketch
13-Nov-10, 08:49
Phoenix driving school is now doing intensive and semi-intensive courses over 3, 5 or 7 days

(01955) 605687 or mobile 07986067787

or

phoenixlearners@aol.com

Kevin Milkins
13-Nov-10, 11:25
Wooo and you may not hit the thirty nine years after she reads that you have just commented on your lack of faith in her abulities [lol]

Go on she may surprise you you know you want to really...................or are you afraid she may turn out to be a better driver ;)

she could drive you to mines for a cuppa

Now that half of Caithness has said to her, "I here that you are starting to drive again" I am for sure in a bit of bother.

Never mind coming over for a cuppa, have you got a spare room to let?

sweetpea
14-Nov-10, 12:06
I learnt to drive with Marion MacKay. Previously I did take some lessons with Francis Dunnet. To me Marion had a very no nonsense approach and very clear instruction.

telfordstar
14-Nov-10, 20:20
Im currently with Adam Hendry and think hes very very good, very patient and thorough and not to mentio9n nice man :)

linnie612
16-Oct-13, 19:08
Recommended Driving Instructors - Wick

Any new updates on this?

Thanks in advance.:)