PDA

View Full Version : hols

bigjjuk
20-Jul-06, 11:58
If anyone is going to Costa Dorada, they must visit puerto ventura, Its like this huge theme park, which is similar in size to the Walt disney parks. If you book online u get a 2 week pass which will save u loads, we visited the plave 4 times while we were away, and the nite time fireworks and show was ace.

So anyone going???

Saveman
20-Jul-06, 12:00
Yes going to Tortosa, Tarragona in October.....can't wait.... :D

jac1791
21-Jul-06, 07:21
I was there 12 years ago when it first opened -- likely changed a lot over te years but I'd say definatly worth a trip to go there - if I every went back to that area of Spain I'd take the kids - a must for the whole family!!!! glad u had a good holiday Bigjjuk

rainbow
21-Jul-06, 08:08
The park is really ace - not as good as the Disney Parks. I hated Salou last time I went(which was my second visit) and I have vowed never to return - however the only good thing for me, in the area was the Park and Barcelona and of course the sun.

souperman
21-Jul-06, 19:55
I am considering staying in one of the themed hotels in the park in October, El Paso is the name, any advice on wheather its best to stay in Salou or surrouinding area rather than stay on the park ? Also anyone any experience of the weather there at that time of year ?, Expect a chance of rain but still pleasant enough, thanks for any advice.

obalam
21-Jul-06, 23:10
Stayed at Hotel El Paso in Sept/Oct 2003 for a week. Lovely hotel but not the best of weather. Theme park was fine and quiet but some of the water park was closed from 1st October.

souperman
22-Jul-06, 01:12
Cheers for that Obalam, do you think there is enough going on in the park to keep 2 young teenagers amused for a week, even if the weather isn`t great or would you advise staying in Salou and travelling to the park on the good days ?

obalam
22-Jul-06, 10:28
It really depends on what you are after. I would think a few visits to the park would be enough. I think we only went twice but it was quiet and there didn't seem to be queues for anything. We didn't spend a lot of time in Salou, just a bit of shopping, although it was fairly busy and plenty going on. Our children were only 2 and 6 so we spent a lot of time at the hotel pool which is a little bit out of Salou. Back then from the 1st of Oct the outside of the water park was closed, which we were disappointed with. There was chutes and kiddies things indoors but not the same.

unicorn
22-Jul-06, 11:24
Check here for anywhere you fancy going there is lots of brilliant and helpful info on everywhere!! http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/index.php