PDA

View Full Version : lost all my emails & folders...help!

suzy
20-Jul-06, 11:21
Hi, can anyone help, I went to log on as usual to tiscali to check my emails and everything was empty,after shouting at my son ( sorry) realised that all my folders with receipts etc had also been empied, does anyone know what I can do ( if anything) thanks. suzy

blueivy
20-Jul-06, 13:03
Hi Suzy,

What email software do you use to collect mail or do you simply use Tiscali's web mail to view your email online?

Are you logged on with the correct account to your PC (if you have multiple accounts - the reason I ask is that maybe your son has one and you have one)?

You did have a backup didn't you? :confused

Get back to me and I'll see if I can help further. You can either reply back in here of PM me.

Mr P Cannop
20-Jul-06, 14:11
try a system restore

Jeid
20-Jul-06, 15:05
Get a g-mail account

blueivy
20-Jul-06, 15:44
Hi Mr P Cannop,

A system restore won't make any difference. It doesn't affect personal data such as email. That's assuming Suzy uses a local mail app (such as Outlook or Outlook Express). If she's using some sort of webmail, then it again won't make any difference.

We need more info from Suzy.

Mr P Cannop
20-Jul-06, 15:56
does it not restore the folders and files ??

suzy
20-Jul-06, 16:00
Hi All, I don't have a back up (stupid) i thought they would be safe in the folders, now i know different,( too late) any suggestions!! to get them back or have they gone for good
suzy

blueivy
20-Jul-06, 17:02
Hi Mr P Cannop,

System Restore doesn't restore any personal data (ie. files or folders including Word documents, email, spreadsheets, music etc. etc.). That's what a backup is for :)

Suzy, see earlier message regarding what app you're using. Can't help you get something back if I don't know what kind of things you've lost!

suzy
20-Jul-06, 17:25
Hi there Blueivy, I just use Tiscali's web mail to view my emails, and use the folders beside it to store thing in.
suzy

blueivy
20-Jul-06, 17:44
Hi Suzy,

If you are using webmail then the information isn't stored on your PC but on Tiscali's servers (as you probably know). Depending on how it's been setup you may be able to get it back, but it's Tiscali's responsibility (as the data sat on their server).

I'd contact Tiscali and see what they say. There may be a good reason (or not) as to why the data is gone, but at least you will know. That's one advantage of using Outlook or Outlook Express - at least you can back it up and be responsible for it.

May sound like an obvious question, but have you checked the waste basket / recycle bin (or whatever Tiscali call it) in case all the email is sitting in there?

Sorry it's not better or more helpful news.

Phoebus_Apollo
21-Jul-06, 00:42
This (http://www.tiscali.co.uk/help/email/wmailchange.html)is from the Tiscali help section maybe of some use:)

blueivy
21-Jul-06, 17:49
Hi Phoebus_Apollo,,

That could be just the answer ...