PDA

View Full Version : if you lived near a school .....

onecalledk
17-Sep-10, 15:53
would you not expect a wee bit noise during the day, lunchtimes etc ...?

Can I just check that it is 2010 .......?????????

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-11340226

:eek:
K

upolian
17-Sep-10, 16:43
That is absolutely insane!!!!

im behind you
17-Sep-10, 17:24
i think there is some body like that in west banks ave. who likes to conplain to the high school about things. or so im led to belive.

_Ju_
17-Sep-10, 19:30
It reminds me of a couple of sun chasing ex-pats who moved to a small rural community in Portugal, close to where I used to live, who petitioned the courts to have the clock tower on a 350 year old church silenced. The Church was there first. The Church bells are serving a community (working on the land, you don't wear your rolex) and, in my mind worst of all, you move somewhere and expect people to adapt to you!

macgee
17-Sep-10, 19:38
Unbelievable! If people want to live somewhere where there is no noise at all then they should move to a house in the middle of nowhere! Children play, its a fact of life and extremely important to their health and development! I'm assuming these people who complained have never been young and have never played :mad:

Phill
17-Sep-10, 20:26
I used to work at a wee airport that has been in existence since the 1920's. People recently have bought houses next door to the airfield and then go on to complain about aeryplanes flying about.

welsh-witch
17-Sep-10, 21:12
laugh out loud!!!:confused

John Little
17-Sep-10, 21:14
Reminds me of those folk who move to the country then sue the local farmer because his cocks are crowing too loud......