PDA

View Full Version : ignorant people

transit
16-Sep-10, 16:50
just had the police at the door acusing me of stealing wind deflectors which i have on my ford transit well thank god i kept my recipt for them and also phoned the com[pany whosold them to me in front of the police and let them talk to the company so whoever has had winddeflectors stolen of there van it was not me i bought mine and have the reciept

Stack Rock
16-Sep-10, 20:40
Sorry to hear of your plight - did you get an apology from your accuser or the police?

joxville
16-Sep-10, 21:19
I doubt very much if the Police would have accused you of theft, to do so I think they would have to have some evidence to back up the accusation. I think the likely scenario is someone has had their deflectors nicked and you're unlucky to perhaps be the only other Tranist owner to have them fitted, it's been noticed and reported to the Police, so they would then have to investigate the allegation, thus, you were helping the Police with their enquiries. In your anger/heat of the moment you may have misunderstood the actual conversation. If, as you said, the Police did accuse you, then I'm led to believe you could sue them for false accusation.

ducati
16-Sep-10, 22:09
You would know if you were 'helping with enquiries' because they would have 'helped' you down the stairs :lol:

transit
16-Sep-10, 22:13
of theft 1 officer male was ok he said can u prove where u got them i said yes here is a recipt for them when i purchaesd them 2 months ago also along with headlamp protectors the other officer was afemale who said how are they fitted how long would it take to take them off etc as well as hope you can prove there urs as this otherperson is positive there his and was very ignorant til i showed proof of purchase

Walter Ego
16-Sep-10, 23:41
Sorry to hear of your plight - did you get an apology from your accuser or the police?

Why should the police apologise?

Someone has made an accustaion and the police, quite rightly, have followed it up. End of.

Not the polises' fault if the accusation is false.

Walter Ego
16-Sep-10, 23:44
of theft 1 officer male was ok he said can u prove where u got them i said yes here is a recipt for them when i purchaesd them 2 months ago also along with headlamp protectors the other officer was afemale who said how are they fitted how long would it take to take them off etc as well as hope you can prove there urs as this otherperson is positive there his and was very ignorant til i showed proof of purchase

You proved they were yours, that's all the police want to know. End of. Chill out. Move on.

Rheghead
17-Sep-10, 00:37
You proved they were yours, that's all the police want to know. End of. Chill out. Move on.

totally agree with that.

Bazeye
17-Sep-10, 00:44
The plot thickens. I see there are wind deflectors in the "Items for Sale" section. :eek:

transit
17-Sep-10, 01:14
the police were doing there job infact i even said 1 was ok but the other was snotty and treatd me like an animal there was no need for her attituide after all

upolian
17-Sep-10, 08:32
the police were doing there job infact i even said 1 was ok but the other was snotty and treatd me like an animal there was no need for her attituide after all

Totally agree,an attitude is something that needs addressed with a few of them,having an important call interupted by them TELLING me to get of my phone,they had no reason to speak to me,i wasn't a suspect for anything,nothing was going on,they just fancied telling me to get of my phone,ask my name,what i work as and of they went,sounds like the same female officer i experienced was the 1 you did,total disgrace,clearly the power going to her head.

achingale
17-Sep-10, 09:39
They have obviously watched too much tv with the good cop/bad cop routine. You had done nothing wrong so let it go although I think I would be annoyed too. And always keep reciepts!

nicnak
17-Sep-10, 09:58
If the police stop you all you have to do by law is give your name, date of birth and place of birth and current address, and answer if you were driving a given vehicle ( if they ask) apart from this you dont have to answer anything by law! Some of the police are very ignorant and I have never come across such ignorance by police anywhere but Caithness, I was always brought up to respect the police and go to them for help if you needed it , but having come across Caithness Police I wouldnt advise my children to do so and I certainly never would either.

brandy
17-Sep-10, 10:52
this was several years ago.. but it was here is wick.. when i was manageress of a shop, that the alarms kept going off in at night.. where someone was messing about it. well the police came and got me, we went down i reset the alarms ect.. had a look thru the shop. and one of the officers asked if i wanted to stay and see if anyone came back.. i was thinking .. does the officer want me to stay with them and sit around in the dark to see if someone comes.. but no the officer wanted me a 23 year old girl at the time to sit in the shop in the dark by myself to see if said burglers came back for a 3rd time. i said no way of course!
but the stupidity isnt only here.. the most fear i have ever felt was at the hands of a police officer!
i was 21 years old. worked in the 24hr convience store that all the cops came into.
it was about 1-2 am in the morning im on my way home from work.. and very late at night im really tired and just want to get home! what do i do.. but go a little faster! i know bad brandy!! but i get pulled for going 45 in a 35 zone. the cop that pulls me was an older gentleman and he came up shined his light in the car and asked me why i was speeding.
this is fine.. im scared as ive never been pulled before but he was really nice and i knew his face from the shop.. when all the sudden here comes another patrol car flying up the road.. lights on.. slams on breaks beside my car, jumps out pulls his gun and puts it in my face. he then proceeds to start shouting at me, and until this day i dont have a clue what he actually said!
i do remember the older cop jumping on him and telling him to "put that thing away and move his car before he got hit!"
by this time im crying, shaking so bad i cant even hold my licence to give to the cop and feel like im going to be sick! the older cop turns back to me.. apologised and asked for my licence and reg. i gave him my licence but was to upset to even be able to find the registration.
he just patted me on the hand said be right back.. went to run my licence and give me a few min.
when he came back. just gave me a warning about my speed and asked me if i was ok to drive. i asked him to give me a few min.. and he stayed behind me until i was able to leave. i went home.. woke my mom and dad up, proceeded to break down and cry all over them.
that gave me a really bad taste for the police.. the whole protect and serve and innocent until proven guilty ideals i had went out the window that day.

transit
17-Sep-10, 14:42
i can let it go just dont like being treated in such an ignorant attituid by anyone but the main thing is some police officers are very sarcastic the job does go to there heads

joxville
17-Sep-10, 14:50
i can let it go just dont like being treated in such an ignorant attituid by anyone but the main thing is some police officers are very sarcastic the job does go to there heads

I'm not sure on this, perhaps legal advice is needed, anyway, I'm also led to believe that whether in your own home or a public place you are allowed to record any conversation with the Police, that way both sides are protected should any complaint/discord arise.

welsh-witch
17-Sep-10, 21:25
well in defence of the caithness police,who ive called out on several occasions,everyone (apart from one police woman) and there have been an awful lot, have been great,i have no complaints against them.:Razz