PDA

View Full Version : E Popes Visit

Mark
16-Sep-10, 13:06
HERE.........How come e Popemobile wisna taxed and none o e bobbies noticed. He could have bought it online using PayPall Hope it was insured:lol:

tonkatojo
16-Sep-10, 14:36
HERE.........How come e Popemobile wisna taxed and none o e bobbies noticed. He could have bought it online using PayPall Hope it was insured:lol:

Were probably paying for the ins as well as the rest of his visit whether we wanted to or not.

Not in my case !!.

DeHaviLand
16-Sep-10, 14:41

Surely you mean Papal.:lol:

Corrie 3
16-Sep-10, 15:13
The Pope's no dope, if he can get away without paying tax and insurance he will do..........just like most folk in Caithness!!!

:eek::eek:;)

mrlennie
16-Sep-10, 15:14
Surely you mean Papal.:lol:

for a minute I thought wat? Then I lol'd.

Rheghead
16-Sep-10, 15:18
Foreign vehicles are exempt from road tax so long as they are valid in their country of origin and they are here on a short visit, same goes for insurance.:)

Logical
16-Sep-10, 16:07
Foreign vehicles are exempt from road tax so long as they are valid in their country of origin and they are here on a short visit, same goes for insurance.:)

Aww, almost had another reason to complain and an excuse to arrest him.

I doubt that with the amount they spend on planning these visits they would leave out something as important as the popemobile's legality.

joxville
16-Sep-10, 17:08
Aww, almost had another reason to complain and an excuse to arrest him.

I doubt that with the amount they spend on planning these visits they would leave out something as important as the popemobile's legality.

You'd have no chance of catching him. The superfast car and white clobber are a giveaway, he's got to be Stig in his new job. [lol]

Gleber2
16-Sep-10, 17:18
E Pope. Is that a digital cheil that you can get over the internet?

Saveman
16-Sep-10, 22:19
LOL.......ahhh this is a funny thread.....but then the pope always give me a giggle.....you have to laugh or you'd cry

sweetpea
16-Sep-10, 22:40
Holy Father! Bless me for I have sinned.

joxville
16-Sep-10, 22:42
The Popemobile. Stops bullets getting in, stops kids getting out. :eek:

sweetpea
16-Sep-10, 23:04
Subo made a good job of 'How Great Thou Art' though.:)

Nacho
16-Sep-10, 23:53
The Popemobile. Stops bullets getting in, stops kids getting out. :eek:

this one had a lucky escape, the security guy looks like he's trying desperately to keep a grip on the bairn...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/09/16/article-1312531-0B37D9D4000005DC-394_306x423.jpg

sandyr1
17-Sep-10, 00:09
this one had a lucky escape, the security guy looks like he's trying desperately to keep a grip on the bairn...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/09/16/article-1312531-0B37D9D4000005DC-394_306x423.jpg

Nacho..You are 'awful'!
By the way, I was reading that the Pope is not being very well welcomed in the UK. Pray tell me why?

Nacho
17-Sep-10, 00:23
how long have you got ? ...

what time is it there ?

i could make it a bed time story, only i doubt you'd get to sleep afterwards ...

Bazeye
17-Sep-10, 00:58
Funny, religion innit. Funny in the sense that you can mock some religions but not others without certain people getting "offended", why's that then? At least the one good thing about it is that the people who mock the Pope wont get issued with a fatwah or whtever the Catholic equivelant is(Dawn raid by the Knights Templar?) unlike other less tolerant religions.
Btw I'm an atheist dyslexic trawlerman and I dont believe in Cod.

Nacho
17-Sep-10, 01:18
Funny, religion innit. Funny in the sense that you can mock some religions but not others without certain people getting "offended", why's that then? At least the one good thing about it is that the people who mock the Pope wont get issued with a fatwah or whtever the Catholic equivelant is(Dawn raid by the Knights Templar?) unlike other less tolerant religions.
Btw I'm an atheist dyslexic trawlerman and I dont believe in Cod.

i'm all for a balanced, religiously tolerant society

that's why when the next Imam, Rabbi or Dalai chooses to visit our country i will make a point of slagging off their imperfections as well (except the Dalai of course) it just so happens that this pope was a member of the Nazi Youth.

now some might say that he's overcome his prejudices and hatred over the years, but then we find out otherwise ....

i.e. the pope's views against homosexuals, abortion and his choice to protect his own pedophiles.

Metalattakk
17-Sep-10, 01:25
/...it just so happens that this pope was a member of the Nazi Youth.

I'm not entirely convinced he actually joined through choice. :roll:

Nacho
17-Sep-10, 01:39
we all have a choice

i take on what you're saying about the times he lived in back then, they either chose to fight against, join in or turn a blind eye

but what about the choices he makes today ?

any comments ?

Metalattakk
17-Sep-10, 02:31
we all have a choice

i take on what you're saying about the times he lived in back then, they either chose to fight against, join in or turn a blind eye

He was 14 years old. What choice did he have? Do you have any idea what happened to people (and the families of people) that refused to join the Hitler Youth?

Membership was compulsory for all 14 year olds.

Aaldtimer
17-Sep-10, 03:19
Can I just say that I am disgusted by any form of child abuse.
I'm also disgusted that some posters here think it is a source of amusement to berate the Pope/RC church/clergy.
The Roman Catholic church /clergy has no monopoly on child abuse.
The problem is world wide, with the vast majority of it happening within the family of the victims.
I seem to remember a very hushed up problem in Northern Ireland Protestant run children's homes as well.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

I'm an atheist by the way...and a bit pissed off that Il Papa has compared me with a NAZI!:eek:

Corrie 3
17-Sep-10, 08:24
And its also good that we have been told that we are living in a third world country!!!!
I am building myself a new mud hut as we speak!!!

C3...:eek::eek:

Logical
17-Sep-10, 11:53
And its also good that we have been told that we are living in a third world country!!!!
I am building myself a new mud hut as we speak!!!

C3...:eek::eek:
Yeah that was funny, seems that's the reason that bloke didn't come to the UK:lol:

Logical
17-Sep-10, 11:54
Just opened the BBC news headlines saw this:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11338643

I think really is just taking the 'biscuit' that he is allowed to do this!

onecalledk
17-Sep-10, 13:55
Its appauling that the media is placing so much attention on the Pope whilst barely reporting those who are staging a protest at his visit due to experiencing abuse as a child at the hands of the catholic church.

Was watching the news the other evening when a catholic priest was asked his views on what some of the protesters had said, ie they wanted the pope to officially apologise and recognise that they had been hurt and wronged. The catholic priest told the reporter that that was their opinion. I couldnt believe he actually said that. Erm no its not just their opinion, these are the adults who as children were ABUSED by catholic priests and nuns. It is not their opinion!!!

The pope is here because the congregations in the catholic church are falling like a stone and its a big recruitment campaign. Amazed that it is being held in Glasgow where the religious divide has already caused enough problems.......

K

balto
17-Sep-10, 14:22
i for one, am tired of hearing about the pope, my god the man is here on a free jolly at the expense of the british tax payer, why on earth cant he pay for it himself, after all the roman catholic religion is the richest religion in the world.

Anfield
17-Sep-10, 14:23
Can I just say that I am disgusted by any form of child abuse.
I'm also disgusted that some posters here think it is a source of amusement to berate the Pope/RC church/clergy.
The problem is world wide, with the vast majority of it happening within the family of the victims.
I seem to remember a very hushed up problem in Northern Ireland Protestant run children's homes as well. /quote]

Well said

[quote=onecalledk;761926]".. The pope is here because the congregations in the catholic church are falling like a stone and its a big recruitment campaign. Amazed that it is being held in Glasgow where the religious divide has already caused enough problems.......

The Pope is here at the invitation of Mrs Windsor, hence it is a State visit and not a Pastoral visit.

balto
17-Sep-10, 14:24
[quote=Aaldtimer;761823]Can I just say that I am disgusted by any form of child abuse.
I seem to remember a very hushed up problem in Northern Ireland Protestant run children's homes as well. /quote]

Well said

The Pope is here at the invitation of Mrs Windsor, hence it is a State visit and not a Pastoral visit.
well then mrs windsor should put her hand in her pocket and pay for it.

Anfield
17-Sep-10, 14:33
[quote=Anfield;761932]
well then mrs windsor should put her hand in her pocket and pay for it.

It would make no difference if she paid for it, as it is us who finance her and her dysfunctional family.

balto
17-Sep-10, 15:02
[quote=balto;761933]

It would make no difference if she paid for it, as it is us who finance her and her dysfunctional family.
never thought oh that lol, get rid oh the whole lot, then the countrys finances might look a bit healther.

ducati
17-Sep-10, 16:14

Nope. You have to have at least 3rd Party liability insurance :D

Logical
17-Sep-10, 17:05
This is a little too far though you not think?
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/49143000/jpg/_49143686_010198195-1.jpg
That's got to cost a bit!

joxville
17-Sep-10, 17:33
This is a little too far though you not think?
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/49143000/jpg/_49143686_010198195-1.jpg
That's got to cost a bit!

Therein lies the real cost of the visit; £1m to fly the Pope over here and travel around, £15m on police overtime. Trebles all round guys. :roll: