PDA

View Full Version : Thurso - under the Rainbow

Mystical Potato Head
15-Sep-10, 18:30
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo189/sat5_photos/IMG_1721flickr.jpg

Logical
15-Sep-10, 19:06
Oooh, you keep throwing out the big guns with your epic photos MPH

I will assume that the rainbow is real and legit (not photoshopped?)?

If so then this really is amazing!

Hope you stuck around long enough to run and get your pot of gold.

karia
15-Sep-10, 19:32
Beautiful picture...love the light falling on the grass.:)

Mystical Potato Head
15-Sep-10, 19:46
Oooh, you keep throwing out the big guns with your epic photos MPH

I will assume that the rainbow is real and legit (not photoshopped?)?

If so then this really is amazing!

Hope you stuck around long enough to run and get your pot of gold.

Yep its legit,i may photoshop my photos but i never add anything.
I'm sure a few ppl must have seen this rainbow last thursday evening just before sunset.
If not i do have the digital negatives to prove it!

karia
15-Sep-10, 20:26
Yep its legit,i may photoshop my photos but i never add anything.
I'm sure a few ppl must have seen this rainbow last thursday evening just before sunset.
If not i do have the digital negatives to prove it!

I think it is sad that you wanted to share this beautiful work with us and find yourself forced to defend how it came about...as usual.[disgust]

unicorn
15-Sep-10, 21:07
It was beautiful, I was out with the dogs and had a beautiful double rainbow above me but my phone camera couldn't even get 1/4 of it in. I was gutted, great to see someone caught the rainbows.

Logical
15-Sep-10, 21:11
Double rainbow all the way?

Bit like this I presume
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQSNhk5ICTI

unicorn
15-Sep-10, 21:22
Yup but far brighter as the sky was so dark, the 2 didn't last long but was glorious to see.

Logical
15-Sep-10, 21:37
Not seen to many rainbows myself.

Even at this ripe ol' age I cant recall ever seeing a double rainbow.

Marvellous sights to see, and a great picture capturing a single one.

Mystical Potato Head
15-Sep-10, 22:18
I think it is sad that you wanted to share this beautiful work with us and find yourself forced to defend how it came about...as usual.[disgust]

Thanks Karia, Used to it by now.

Heres a double,also from thursday and that'll be the end of the rainbows .:roll:

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo189/sat5_photos/IMG_1720org.jpg

unicorn
15-Sep-10, 22:50
That was it..........Fantastic :D

Kenn
15-Sep-10, 23:02
Sob, sob, I dashed out with the camera but my shots enided up in the recycle bin.

Rheghead
15-Sep-10, 23:41
Nice shots. Has there been 2 different time exposures laid together using overlay blend thingy to get the rainbow standing out (long exp) and the grain of the water (short exp)?? :confused

Mystical Potato Head
16-Sep-10, 00:03
Nice shots. Has there been 2 different time exposures laid together using overlay blend thingy to get the rainbow standing out (long exp) and the grain of the water (short exp)?? :confused

Single exposure.

dragonfly
16-Sep-10, 07:07
great shots MPH. I really like the last one - the bright colours against the dark sky, the way it seems to just drop into the water, just lovely

I completely missed this as settling daughter into uni life in Dundee, my Dad saw it and very kindly called me to say "you should be here its the most amazing double rainbow I've ever seen" - yeah thanks!! maybe we will be lucky again and get another one, certainly been a good few rainbows around lately tho none as grand as your one.

Deemac
16-Sep-10, 11:07
MPH,
high quality work as usual. The second image is a stunner. Well done you.

Rheghead
16-Sep-10, 13:10
Sob, sob, I dashed out with the camera but my shots enided up in the recycle bin.

pity I would have liked to have given them the PS treatment :lol:

Mystical Potato Head
16-Sep-10, 17:58
great shots MPH. I really like the last one - the bright colours against the dark sky, the way it seems to just drop into the water, just lovely

I completely missed this as settling daughter into uni life in Dundee, my Dad saw it and very kindly called me to say "you should be here its the most amazing double rainbow I've ever seen" - yeah thanks!! maybe we will be lucky again and get another one, certainly been a good few rainbows around lately tho none as grand as your one.

Would have to agree with your dad,i've never seen a brighter one.
The dark clouds certainly helped make it look brighter and the low angled sunlight
just made the rainbow "glow".

I think thats me used up all my rainbow luck for this year,thats twice i've been in the right place at the right time.

Thanks again for all the comments.