PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Spinnin'?

Sporran
19-Jul-06, 19:31
I thought I'd resurrect MadPict's music thread here. It was such a cool title, and I don't think he'd mind. It was interesting to see what other people were listening to, and it was MadPict who got me hooked on the Dave Matthews Band, via that thread! :cool:

As well as John and Isaac Sutherland's brilliant music, I've been listening to Default lately. They sound similar to fellow Canadians Nickelback, whom I also like.

Default's "One Thing Remains" album was recorded in 2005, after two years on the road with bands such as Nickelback and Evanescence. It's a fabulous CD, and I love every track on it! Highly recommended, it has earned the Sporran Seal of Approval! ;)

Naefearjustbeer
20-Jul-06, 00:21
been listening to Soul Asylum, Hanoi Rocks and Bloodhound Gang recently

Jeid
20-Jul-06, 01:22
I am mostly listening to

Alexisonfire - Crisis
Eighteen Visions - Eighteen Visions
Billy Talent - Billy Talent II
Muse - Black Holes And Revelations

Thank you

Sporran
20-Jul-06, 05:00
I am mostly listening to

Alexisonfire - Crisis
Eighteen Visions - Eighteen Visions
Billy Talent - Billy Talent II
Muse - Black Holes And Revelations

Thank you

Another Muse fan, I see! :) My sons and I bought "Black Holes And Revelations" as soon as it was released this week. We got the limited edition, which includes a DVD of their headlining show at the Glastonbury festival.

Jeid
20-Jul-06, 10:56
Ah, Yus, they are awesome.

Listen to track number 7(Assassin) Does it not remind you of the Knight Rider theme tune?

theboss
20-Jul-06, 11:37
Listen to track number 7(Assassin) Does it not remind you of the Knight Rider theme tune?

So it does. Never noticed that...

Jeid
20-Jul-06, 11:52
So it does. Never noticed that...

You should've!

I never noticed at first

theboss
20-Jul-06, 12:18
I never noticed at first

Really... Did someone point it out to you?

Jeid
20-Jul-06, 12:25
Aye... but if I were to describe him, I'd get banned ;)

fender
21-Jul-06, 18:31
Spending time burning my LPs onto CD so being listening to

1. Be Bop Deluxe - Futerama, Sunburst Finish & Modern Music
2. Ted Nugent - Cat Scratch Fever & Self-titled
3. Spirit - 12 Dreams of Dr Sardonicus

Sporran
31-Jul-06, 01:54
Ah, Yus, they are awesome.

It does indeed! I used to like watching David Hasselhoff in Knight Rider, back in the day! :cool:

I love the entire new Muse album - all the tunes are so catchy, aren't they?

Jeid
31-Jul-06, 03:29
The new album is definately amazing. It's very unique.

Sporran
02-Aug-06, 18:41
Today I've been taking a trip down Memory Lane with Def Leppard. Their new album "Yeah!" is a great cover of oldies from the late 60s through the 70s. Their favourites from that era were some of my faves too, and they've done a superb job, in my opinion. I have enjoyed all fourteen tracks, but here are the ones I like the most:

20th Century Boy - T Rex

Waterloo Sunset - The Kinks

10538 Overture - ELO

Street Life - Roxy Music

Drive-In Saturday - David Bowie

No Matter What - Badfinger

But to me, the piece de resistance is the closing number, Stay With Me. Originally performed by Rod Stewart and the Faces, guitarist Phil Collen takes over the lead vocals from Joe Elliot. He does so brilliantly, in a voice that easily rivals that of Rod the Mod himself! And, um, Joe Elliot's not too shabby on the Fender Rhodes guitar either.....;)

Dreadnought
02-Aug-06, 18:44
Currently listening to Kasabian's 'Empire'.

theboysintheband
02-Aug-06, 20:42
Good track that Kasabian one, what likes the album?

Listenin to The Band, Flyin' Burrito Brothers and The Small Faces myself.

Blast!
09-Aug-06, 22:29
Default are a pretty good band. Was hooked on them about 6 years ago when they released 'The Fallout'. Great album with some top tunes.

Right now?

'Shake Your Money Maker' by the Black Crowes.

Absolutely immense.