PDA

View Full Version : Real Life Dilema

scotsboy
19-Jul-06, 19:15
A work colleague who has dual USA/Lebanese citizenship recently elected to have a heart by-pass operation in Beirut. He is still in Beirut with his family (Wife and three young kids) and is recuperating (he came out of hospital about 10 days ago). He has been in touch with the US Embassy in Beirut and he and his wife/kids can get out tomorrow…………however his elderly mother and sister (who is dying of cancer) are trapped in a village in South Lebanon. He is not fit to travel to try to get them, and even if he was with the situation in the area it would be nigh impossible to reach them – even if he did he can’t get them out of Lebanon……….he is in complete turmoil, this is not a what should he do post, I’m just letting you know one families story……..I’ll let you know the outcome as soon as I hear myself.

Billy Boy
19-Jul-06, 20:15
i hope things turn out ok for him and his family, you cant begin to imagine what they must be going through. I have an uncle working out in israel and i just pray that he gets home safe and well too.:~(

Fran
20-Jul-06, 00:41
your friend should be able to fly after 10 days following heart by-pass surgery. Hope things work out for him and his family. the worry and stress wont help his heart condition or aid his recovery. good luck to him.