PDA

View Full Version : News Just In.....

BillyEspie
15-Sep-10, 12:06
The Real IRA has said it will resume attacks on the UK mainland - with banks and bankers its principal targets.

Vowing to alternate between "military, political and economic targets", the republican terror group has said that bankers are "criminals" and their role in funding Britain's colonial and capitalist system "has not gone unnoticed".

Responding to questions from The Guardian, a spokesman for the Real IRA said: "We have a track record of attacking high-profile economic targets and financial institutions.

"The bankers grease the politicians' palms, the politicians bail out the bankers with public funds, the bankers pay themselves fat bonuses and loan the money back to the public with interest.

"It's essentially a crime spree that benefits a social elite at the expense of many millions of victims."

Although it has just 100 members, the Real IRA has claimed support is on the rise among young disaffected nationalists, according to the paper.

However, unlike the Provisional IRA - which consistently targeted the City of London in the early 1990s and then Canary Wharf in 1996 - it has never launched a serious bombing campaign.

But the terror organisation has told the paper: "We have regrouped and reorganised and emerged from a turbulent period in republican history.

"As we rebuild, we are confident that we will increase the volume and effectiveness of attacks."

Logical
15-Sep-10, 12:25
Wow, this could be a disaster for UK national security.
Do you have any links to the story online?

Venture
15-Sep-10, 12:34
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2010/sep/14/real-ira-targets-banks-bankers?dbk
Here is one.

Logical
15-Sep-10, 12:39
About time the police over here armed up and shot the lot of the lot of the terrorists.

They take no chances with extremist Muslims so I don't see why they would with the IRA.

Joboco
15-Sep-10, 13:12
Just nuke the nasty little people.

BillyEspie
15-Sep-10, 13:16
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Real-IRA-Targets-UK-Bankers-Northern-Ireland-Republican-Terror-Group-Vows-To-Attack-UK-Banks/Article/201009315728930?f=rss

upolian
15-Sep-10, 14:46
They need to get a life.

DeHaviLand
15-Sep-10, 14:51
They need to get a life.

I think you'll find that they aim to take one.

Logical
15-Sep-10, 15:04
Or several if they can do.

octane
15-Sep-10, 15:13
again the media massaging the psyche of the gullable general public again.... :lol:

changilass
15-Sep-10, 15:34
I don't know why the media give them the time of day, they are after attention and this is just giving in to them.

Xposin
15-Sep-10, 15:58
I don't know why the media give them the time of day, they are after attention and this is just giving in to them.

yeah? attention is what they are after? gotta disagree, its certainly promoting their cause which will only result in them gaining more members.

your right about the media though, but do u expect any less from them?

changilass
15-Sep-10, 16:19
Surely exposure is the way to promote a cause?

Xposin
15-Sep-10, 16:40
Xposure Promotions exist no longer.... unless the ira give me a call lol

they might put me back in business lol

tonkatojo
15-Sep-10, 17:25
Surely exposure is the way to promote a cause?

Aye along with murder, explosions ETC

Bazeye
15-Sep-10, 17:55
After what the Bankers have done? Good! At least they're not targeting the innocent

tonkatojo
15-Sep-10, 18:03
After what the Bankers have done? Good! At least they're not targeting the innocent

If your standing in or near the bank at the time your in the dung though !!.

John Little
15-Sep-10, 18:08
Stop press.

One hundred semi-literate Neanderthals, no-hopers, deadbeats and morons stuck in the outdated politics of 1975 refuse to accept the verdict of the Irish people, the people of Ulster and the leaders of their own community and threaten to bomb us. They want to climb reeking out of the dustbin of History mouthing threats and spouting bile.

Well we'd better panic.

Hadn't we?

Bazeye
15-Sep-10, 18:08
If your standing in or near the bank at the time your in the dung though !!.

They can just shoot them then.

Logical
15-Sep-10, 18:10

Justifying terrorists killing bankers with wives family and children, scaring the hell out of the public and creating thousands of pounds at least in damage and a LOT more in police and forces time and effort.

They are not targeting the innocent but if they gain any strength there will no doubt be innocent civilian casualty's. They have already killed British spies in recent years.

American is a country with a dark past, did that in ANY way justify 9/11?

Bazeye
15-Sep-10, 18:16
Stop press.

One hundred semi-literate Neanderthals, no-hopers, deadbeats and morons stuck in the outdated politics of 1975 refuse to accept the verdict of the Irish people, the people of Ulster and the leaders of their own community and threaten to bomb us. They want to climb reeking out of the dustbin of History mouthing threats and spouting bile.

Well we'd better panic.

Hadn't we?

Thought you were on about the EU there, refusing to accept the verdict of the Irish people.

Bazeye
15-Sep-10, 18:18
Justifying terrorists killing bankers with wives family and children

Point taken, just shoot the single ones with no kids then.

Logical
15-Sep-10, 18:19
OK, I don't agree with killing them but it's a little more reasonable so we can just leave it at that ;)

Bazeye
15-Sep-10, 18:34
Go on then, youve talked me into it. The married ones and the ones with kids get a good shoe-ing though.

Logical
15-Sep-10, 19:01
Go on then, youve talked me into it. The married ones and the ones with kids get a good shoe-ing though.

Its a deal;)

Walter Ego
15-Sep-10, 21:23
They are not targeting the innocent .........

So we allow some bunch of thugs to decide who is is 'guilty'? I've no time for the greedy, self-serving financial institutions, but not 'innocent'? Come on,Logical. You can do better than that.

This 'statement' is nothing more than a clumsy and child-like attempt to garner support from a public that has a dislike for our banking chums. The 'real' IRA believe that this will view them with less disgust if just these people are targetted.

Disagree?

Well, the next time you go into your local bank and have a chat with the nice lassie behind the counter - just remember it's her and her colleauges that these arseholes are threatening.

Logical
15-Sep-10, 21:33
So we allow some bunch of thugs to decide who is is 'guilty'? I've no time for the greedy, self-serving financial institutions, but not 'innocent'? Come on,Logical. You can do better than that.

This 'statement' is nothing more than a clumsy and child-like attempt to garner support from a public that has a dislike for our banking chums. The 'real' IRA believe that this will view them with less disgust if just these people are targetted.

Disagree?

Well, the next time you go into your local bank and have a chat with the nice lassie behind the counter - just remember it's her and her colleauges that these arseholes are threatening.

Sorry, but my statement was in reply defending the bankers to Bayzeye. They are not innocent in that the big guys at the top have messed up this, and many other country's. But deserving of assassination or what ever the 'real' IRA see fit? Most definitely not!

Is the next part of your post directed at me? If so 'child-like' are your elementary spelling mistakes such as "targetted and colleauges" if that wasn't for me and you were referring to the IRA's statement then disregard this paragraph.

So to reiterate, I agree that to target the bankers is wrong.

Green_not_greed
15-Sep-10, 21:50
Wouldn't surprise me in the current climate (in all ways) for the UK Government to work with them and target those we can "afford to lose" - this time it would be the bankers and the big hitters on the welfare state. Last time it was anyone who if UK Government moles hadn't backed the killing of, they would have themselves been exposed.

This recent interview on Radio Scotland really got my attention - I must check out the book. This is an iPlayer link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00tmfzd/The_Scoop_Neil_MacKay/

Walter Ego
15-Sep-10, 22:07
Sorry, but my statement was in reply defending the bankers to Bayzeye. They are not innocent in that the big guys at the top have messed up this, and many other country's. But deserving of assassination or what ever the 'real' IRA see fit? Most definitely not!

Is the next part of your post directed at me? If so 'child-like' are your elementary spelling mistakes such as "targetted and colleauges" if that wasn't for me and you were referring to the IRA's statement then disregard this paragraph.

So to reiterate, I agree that to target the bankers is wrong.

I certainly was directing my 'child-like' statement at the RIRA, Logical.

Apologies if it looked otherwise.

oldmarine
15-Sep-10, 22:17
Just nuke the nasty little people.

That would nuke you own people. Doesn't sound wise to me.

oldmarine
15-Sep-10, 22:20
Point taken, just shoot the single ones with no kids then.

I can't believe you posted such a statement. I hope you are not serious.

Kevin Milkins
16-Sep-10, 00:24

That's the first time I have heard Bazeye and serious in the same sentence.:lol::lol:

scotsboy
16-Sep-10, 11:10
Ah, the poor oppressed, disenfranchised republicans of Ireland want to start killing again............now there’s a surprise.

Logical
16-Sep-10, 11:42

We can try and talk him down from that but it might take a while.
At least the ones with kids and wives only get a mild beating, much better than what they would get if they went to prison like they should have.

Logical
16-Sep-10, 11:44
I certainly was directing my 'child-like' statement at the RIRA, Logical.

Apologies if it looked otherwise.

Sorry, just me ready in case it was for me. But the real IRA targeting bankers only means trying to convince the public that what they do is justifiable.