PDA

View Full Version : ok lets put your brains to work!

brandy
15-Sep-10, 07:57
very strange request.. what does the word conification mean?
looked it up in google and did not get a straight answer..
why am i asking this random question?
for some insane reason when i woke up this morning, a fragment of what ever i was dreaming remained and i was being lectured on conification .
what is my subconscious telling me here *Grins* i dont even know what it is! google wasn't much help even though it does seem to be a word! *laughs* so sad i know but its gonna niggle at me to i figure it out!

tonkatojo
15-Sep-10, 09:25
has it something to do with the manipulation of lines ?.

stewart4364
15-Sep-10, 09:51
The meaning of the word conification is -- the act or process of tapering toward the top (of the social structure).

octane
15-Sep-10, 10:33
Me thinks its a trick word and its a business term meaning its a

Con if i c a ti on

So beware of people wearing ties as usually they are primed and programmed to tear the eyeballs out ya financially :lol:

teenybash
15-Sep-10, 10:38
Here is my input........break conification into two part. Coni, meaning conical in shape and the suffix fication meaning, with action.....:confused

BillyEspie
15-Sep-10, 11:39
Abstract. The aim of this paper is to make an attempt to justify the main hope this helps:-

results from Convex Analysis by one elegant tool, the conification method, which consists of three steps: conify, work with convex cones, deconify. It is based on the fact that the standard operations and facts (`the calculi') are much simpler for special convex sets, convex cones. By considering suitable classes of convex cones, we get the standard operations and facts for all situations in the complete generality that is required. The main advantages of this conification method are that the standard operations---linear image, inverse linear image, closure, the duality operator, the binary operations and the inf-operator---are defined on all objects of each class of convex objects---convex sets, convex functions, convex cones and sublinear functions---and that moreover the standard facts---such as the duality theorem---hold for all closed convex objects. This requires that the analysis is carried out in the context of convex objects over cosmic space, the space that is obtained from ordinary space by adding a horizon, representing the directions of ordinary space.

mrlennie
15-Sep-10, 11:45
I always thought it meant like when you get a tree thats not a conifer in among other trees that are conifers...the conification process begins.

BillyEspie
15-Sep-10, 11:48
this is where i got my info from just incase people think i'm brainy ha ha ha no chance of me being brainy got to this page and you will see

http://repub.eur.nl/resource/pub_11706/index.html

poppett
15-Sep-10, 12:41
A medical term as far as i can recall.

The machine which makes the tip of catheters is called a conification making machine.

Websters enhanced thesaurus will have the full meaning.

....................weird the things we dream about.

Invisible
15-Sep-10, 13:45
its confiscated the s

scorrie
15-Sep-10, 15:30
Abstract. The aim of this paper is to make an attempt to justify the main hope this helps:-

results from Convex Analysis by one elegant tool, the conification method, which consists of three steps: conify, work with convex cones, deconify. It is based on the fact that the standard operations and facts (`the calculi') are much simpler for special convex sets, convex cones. By considering suitable classes of convex cones, we get the standard operations and facts for all situations in the complete generality that is required. The main advantages of this conification method are that the standard operations---linear image, inverse linear image, closure, the duality operator, the binary operations and the inf-operator---are defined on all objects of each class of convex objects---convex sets, convex functions, convex cones and sublinear functions---and that moreover the standard facts---such as the duality theorem---hold for all closed convex objects. This requires that the analysis is carried out in the context of convex objects over cosmic space, the space that is obtained from ordinary space by adding a horizon, representing the directions of ordinary space.

That is much too complicated, I offer this lesser known and much simpler explanation.

Conification:-

"In Mathematics, this is the tendency of any given number to either increase, or decrease, until such times as the product 99 is achieved.

Also known as Van Ices Theory ;)

John Little
15-Sep-10, 17:45
None of the above - it's about traffic cones taking over the world......

Corrie 3
15-Sep-10, 17:52
Fornication by Conservatives??.....I'm right arent I???

C3....:roll:;)

welsh-witch
17-Sep-10, 21:39
Fornication by Conservatives??.....I'm right arent I???

C3....:roll:;)

im with you on this one ha:Razz