PDA

View Full Version : Our Troops around the World

fairy56
14-Sep-10, 22:23
Why should our forces serving and served be tagged with the name of "MINCER" (Paid by the Government to kill at leisure).
This is what 1 woman has been saying near me.
I think it is totally wrong of her to say about our glorious forces defending our Country.
I also have family defending around the World and it is very demeening of every soldier, sailor or airman or women who ever served for their country.
Our forces don't kill for the sake of it just to defend themselves from harm to come home to their families.

Fly
14-Sep-10, 23:23
Very annoying but she is just showing her total ignorance and stupidity.[disgust]

fairy56
15-Sep-10, 09:09
thank you Fly totally agree with you too.

Bazeye
15-Sep-10, 17:59
Is MINCER an acronym?

Bazeye
15-Sep-10, 18:12
I think it is totally wrong of her to say about our glorious forces defending our Country.

Dont think our troops in Afghanistan/Iraq are defending our country .

Logical
15-Sep-10, 18:17

Whatever the troops are doing with it are for the right reasons and deserve our respect especially those that have given there lives.

Although in reality the reasons behind the trouble in the middle east may not have started in order to protect this country, they are holding an angry dog by the ears at this point and are -in effect- protecting this country.

Bazeye
15-Sep-10, 18:24
Whatever the troops are doing with it are for the right reasons and deserve our respect especially those that have given there lives.

Although in reality the reasons behind the trouble in the middle east may not have started in order to protect this country, they are holding an angry dog by the ears at this point and are -in effect- protecting this country.

I have the utmost respect for our troops out there,. However the same cant be said about the people who sent them there. Theres another side of the story to your second paragraph. Do you not think that with our troops fighting,imo, an unwinnable war in Islamic countries that there is more of a chance of Muslims commiting atrocities in our country?

Logical
15-Sep-10, 19:27
I have the utmost respect for our troops out there,. However the same cant be said about the people who sent them there. Theres another side of the story to your second paragraph. Do you not think that with our troops fighting,imo, an unwinnable war in Islamic countries that there is more of a chance of Muslims commiting atrocities in our country?

I also have very little respect for the men who sent our troops away as it was a war fueled by greed and a thirst for oil.

And yes I agree that fighting this (seemingly un-winnable war) will greatly increase the chances of extremists attacking on homeland soil.

But I also believe that if they were to pull out now the 'metaphorical dog' would bite us in the but and that is why we must back away slowly.

Rheghead
15-Sep-10, 20:01
I'm increasingly failing to see why British troops need to be on foreign soils, what are they actually doing out there and for whom? The main objection against them by the foreigners seems that they are on their turf in the first place so why not withdraw them, problem sorted?

People say that there would be a blood bath if troops left but isn't that what we got already?

fairy56
15-Sep-10, 20:30
Is MINCER an acronym?
no it is not,
the quote came from the women that believes they are called mincer as they kill for fun

Logical
15-Sep-10, 20:37
I'm increasingly failing to see why British troops need to be on foreign soils, what are they actually doing out there and for whom? The main objection against them by the foreigners seems that they are on their turf in the first place so why not withdraw them, problem sorted?

People say that there would be a blood bath if troops left but isn't that what we got already?

If they withdraw then the governments of the country's -that the UK and America messed up- wouldn't be able to cope with forces such as the Taliban and other groups.

Rheghead
15-Sep-10, 20:46
If they withdraw then the governments of the country's -that the UK and America messed up- wouldn't be able to cope with forces such as the Taliban and other groups.

So by being stronger, the Taliban etc are the real legitimate rulers of those countries since all the nations involved base their legitimacy on military strength?

Logical
15-Sep-10, 21:07
In a matter of speaking it could be said so, but they are strong based on facts such as suicide bombings and brainwashing of young people.

Walter Ego
15-Sep-10, 21:13
no it is not,
the quote came from the women that believes they are called mincer as they kill for fun

Your friend is a cretin.

Fluff
15-Sep-10, 21:36
no it is not,

Well anyone that thinks killing is fun isn't right in the head themselves! What a plonker!
Does she disagree with the police force too then I wonder?

Alba.gu.brath
15-Sep-10, 21:45

They are just doing their job

Logical
15-Sep-10, 21:50
When you are putting your life on the line every day for your country, its always good to know the reason you are fighting for.

oldmarine
15-Sep-10, 22:07

I agree with Rheghead's comments. Our USA troops are spread out in many countries throughout the world. We still have troops in Japan, Okinawa, Korea, Italy, Germany, and even in England & Scotland plus many other places I have not named. It's costing us a fortune to keep them there and to serve what purpose? Meanwhile, our country is fighting Illegal Drug Cartels who are moving across our Southern border to shoot and kill innocent citizens plus official law enforcements. We could use those called-back troops to defend our own Borders. I would rather they spill their blood defending our own borders.

oldmarine
15-Sep-10, 22:13
Well anyone that thinks killing is fun isn't right in the head themselves! What a plonker!
Does she disagree with the police force too then I wonder?

I agree with the above comment. I saw enough killing during WW2 and I did not enjoy it. There were times I had to defend myself but I did not enjoy that either. I was told we were at war and it was necessary but I did not enjoy the killing part.

Fly
15-Sep-10, 23:04
Along with other countries eg Russia the British army has fought in Afghanistan before and did'nt achieve much. Maybe with the looming defence cuts we should bring the troops home and use them if necessary from terrorists within Britain. I doubt if places such as Afghanistan will ever be at peace, so maybe we should just let them get on with killing each other and mind our own business.

Dadie
15-Sep-10, 23:09
The troops do what they have to do.
That covers their remit in wherever they are to protect whatever they ate supposed to.
Tghe troops shouldnt be slagged for what they do for the country...the country may be wrong though...

Rheghead
15-Sep-10, 23:36
In a matter of speaking it could be said so, but they are strong based on facts such as suicide bombings and brainwashing of young people.

That is right, but then if our country was overun by a vastly superior fighting force and we only had basic stuff at hand, wouldn't we employ the same tactics? :confused

Gleber2
16-Sep-10, 00:04
That is right, but then if our country was overun by a vastly superior fighting force and we only had basic stuff at hand, wouldn't we employ the same tactics? :confused
Of course we would and we would be called heros of the resistance, not insurgents.

ducati
16-Sep-10, 04:03
Churchill came up with a slogan in case we were invaded in 1940/41.

"you can always take one with you" :eek:

John Little
16-Sep-10, 07:14
no it is not,

Your friend is a cretin.

Maybe for using 'Mincer'.

But not in the killing for fun. Some soldiers do kill for fun. According to a very eminent, and scottish, historian; he documents examples rather well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pity-War-Niall-Ferguson/dp/0140275231/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1284617586&sr=8-1

fairy56
16-Sep-10, 09:34
Your friend is a cretin.
thanks for reply,she is no friend of mine never has been

fairy56
16-Sep-10, 09:37
Along with other countries eg Russia the British army has fought in Afghanistan before and did'nt achieve much. Maybe with the looming defence cuts we should bring the troops home and use them if necessary from terrorists within Britain. I doubt if places such as Afghanistan will ever be at peace, so maybe we should just let them get on with killing each other and mind our own business.
fly i do agree with you there

fairy56
16-Sep-10, 09:39
The troops do what they have to do.
That covers their remit in wherever they are to protect whatever they ate supposed to.
Tghe troops shouldnt be slagged for what they do for the country...the country may be wrong though...
Dadie you are right on that,they have till do what there are told,shouldnt get slaged for it

Walter Ego
16-Sep-10, 10:13
Maybe for using 'Mincer'.

But not in the killing for fun. Some soldiers do kill for fun. According to a very eminent, and scottish, historian; he documents examples rather well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pity-War-Niall-Ferguson/dp/0140275231/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1284617586&sr=8-1

I'm sure it happens, John.

But I believe the OP's 'friend' was tarring all military with the same brush...rather like saying "all coppers are bent" or "all priests are involved in child abuse". That's my point.

Walter Ego
16-Sep-10, 10:17

Yes, absolutely.

The Taliban are fighting for what they believe in. I've never agreed with calling the Taliban 'terrorists', they're troops who are very good at their style of fighting.

Not all Taliban are suicide bombers and civilian killers. The same as all members of the SS weren't necessarily Jew and civilian killers. I disagree with both groups' doctrines and beliefs, but respect their fighting ability and determination.

John Little
16-Sep-10, 10:49
I'm sure it happens, John.

But I believe the OP's 'friend' was tarring all military with the same brush...rather like saying "all coppers are bent" or "all priests are involved in child abuse". That's my point.

Fair enough too.

Logical
16-Sep-10, 11:38

Its all down to politics, one side against the other, one side in favour of the west and one with the importance on their own country.
They are labelled as terrorists only because the UK and USA see them that way.
Cant say I've ever thought of it that way, puts a very different outlook on what's going on out there.:(

The Drunken Duck
16-Sep-10, 16:51
Oh no, someone doesnt like the Forces. Call the Town Elders !!

As an ex serviceman I really dont care what some single brain cell waste of rations in Wick thinks. Just like I dont care about the Orger who decided to mock the deaths of my former colleagues to me. At the end of the day my former colleagues, and the guys currently out on Ops, put it on the line every day. They walk it, not talk it. And they dont hide behind anything either.

Oh and finally, to the individual who mocked my colleagues and convinced me to take my leave of the Org .. nice try but .. FAIL. You wont get a reaction from me, which was clearly your intention. You arent fit to lick the boots of the men you mocked so why would anything you say matters ??, I simply left the forum as I would not want to share any space (even cyberspace) that you occupy. I just popped back in because I wanted you to know that. Having been alerted to this thread it seemed appropriate.

I suggest you grow a pair (if you can) and at least look one of the men you mocked in the eye .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbxqnWAUnek

Then watch this one and realise that while you were scratching around for a living, barely being able to afford a beer and thinking that bagging the odd (very) desperate fat lass who allowed you to bump uglies with her was the high life, I was being PAID more than you to be a part of this for a living .. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0-xnaRSL6g

You didnt annoy me. You just made me realise how good it is being me. And how pathetically inept you must feel about your own life.

So thats me .. I am off high and right.

John Little
16-Sep-10, 17:18
Come back Duck!!!

You are needed here.