PDA

View Full Version : no trafic lights in wicK

compo
19-Jul-06, 15:56
Wooooohooooo.!!!!!!!

sandy01
19-Jul-06, 16:01
Nobody took any notice of them when leaving the precinct anyway, especially taxi's!!!!!!!!!!! so why not do away with them?

Mr P Cannop
19-Jul-06, 16:10
whats wrong with them ??

dirdyweeker
19-Jul-06, 20:14
does the pedestrian crossing work or are they dicing with death trying to cross a busy road? Hopefully the motorists will be considerate towards them.

highlander2222
19-Jul-06, 21:01
Dicing with death

bagpuss
19-Jul-06, 23:08
So why isn't the traffic warden on points duty, directing traffic and keeping pedestrians safe?

moonshadow
19-Jul-06, 23:37
saw him yesterday guiding traffic when the lights were still working, but today when he was needed he was too busy ticketing parked cars in the market square.

katarina
20-Jul-06, 13:25
They are still not working! What's up?

dirdyweeker
20-Jul-06, 22:50
They are still not working! What's up?

broken......still, I did manage to cross the road EVENTUALLY today. I am lucky being fairly fleet of foot, but there were a few elderly ladies who seemed to stand forever waiting for a break in the traffic. I would have helped them over but had visions of my good samaritan act ending up seriously wrong due to their lack of speed.
Never seen any car yet actually stopping to allow pedestrians over.

porshiepoo
20-Jul-06, 22:52
I did! :) :)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
20-Jul-06, 22:54
Heard somebody thought the plug was for the kettle!!!!:lol: :lol:

MadPict
20-Jul-06, 22:56
Stop the world - the traffic lights in Wick are knackered....

What did we do before Wick had traffic lights?
How did we cross the road?
What was a Traffic Warden?...........

2little2late
20-Jul-06, 23:03
All the council need to do now is dig up the roundabouts and then the people of Wick won't ever be confused when driving through the town again. [lol]

rainbow
21-Jul-06, 08:12
Moonshadow says warden too busy booking cars in the market square - good on him. Too many people (especially taxis) use it as a short cut, or to park outside Weatherspoons when they go in for food. The precinct is for access only, so if you do not abuse these rules you will not get a ticket!!!!

jambo
21-Jul-06, 09:16
Well said Moonshadow. I am fed up of seeing the taxis and some other cars taking a short cut through from the chinese etc to the lights instead of having to go right round as do all the other motorists.

About time something was done about it.

bagpuss
21-Jul-06, 22:43
Warden was half in and half out of a white van parked opposite Sherrif Court- giving them a ticket no doubt, while a group of old ladies were really stuck trying to cross the road. Think road safety should be a priority while the lights are out- isn't that their purpose?

Woolie
22-Jul-06, 23:48
the traffic :confusedwarden has enough to do keeping poeple from parking where they should'nt without point duty too.

ice box
23-Jul-06, 19:04
I see the traffic lights are back in operation no more standing for half an hour at the kreb waiting to cross .