PDA

View Full Version : Tiling/wall advice needed

Julia
14-Sep-10, 14:40
I've removed the strip of wood that was joining the wall tiles to the top of the bath only to discover there is no wall behind where the wood was just a one inch gap of fresh air (good on you Highland Council), I was going to fill the gap with tiny tiles but this is not going to happen, can anyone suggest what to do with the gap or is there anything I can buy that's waterproof which I can stick on instead to cover the gap?

quality
14-Sep-10, 15:02
Hi

Is this any help.

http://www.bathroomtrade.co.uk/products/trimlux-25mm-bath-and-shower-tray-sealing-strips-3056-0.html?hfm

Bobbin
14-Sep-10, 15:17
Oops, I did that too, turned out it was only the wooden bit and three dollops of silicone that was holding the wall up, I heard a crash and the whole wall was lying in the bath. The wall was really damp too because of the water soaking through the wood. :(

AliciaMackinnon
14-Sep-10, 16:13
Oops, I did that too, turned out it was only the wooden bit and three dollops of silicone that was holding the wall up, I heard a crash and the whole wall was lying in the bath. The wall was really damp too because of the water soaking through the wood. :(#

OMG!!! I was gonna do my bathroom but im aint touching it otha than with paint now that iv read that!!!

Julia
14-Sep-10, 17:05
Had a browse in Homebase and found some wide plastic lipping at a right angle, it's just high enough to cover the gap and reach the tiles, have glued it on with super strong metal/plastic adhesive and done the edges with bath silicone sealant, hopefully we will now be leak free, thanks guys for you advice

Alli
14-Sep-10, 18:11
Hi Julia what you want is a strip called "Teleseal 10", we have had this now for 5, yes 5 years and we have NEVER had to re seal or re grout around this. Bit pricey but if you add up all the time, materials over the years it certainly pays for itself.

Link is www.teleseal.co.uk