PDA

View Full Version : Dentist tooth out

t
13-Sep-10, 18:15
I i was to get a tooth out as an emergency appointment, howver I am not registered with any dentisits, how does it work with work after the tooth is out, as the one I need out is one of the front ones, will they sort out a plate or whatever it is called?

Or am I going to be left with a gap?

Corrie 3
13-Sep-10, 18:33
Left with a gap I'm afraid....If you are not registered with a dentist they are only obliged to do "emegency" work... Dentures are not classed as emergency work!!!
Keep smiling!!!

C3....[lol]

oldmarine
13-Sep-10, 18:45
I have a temporary crown in my mouth at the present time. Will return for the permanent crown on September 29th. Good luck for your dental needs.

ArcaneWilbur
13-Sep-10, 18:52
have you tried the Inverness Dental Centre Student Clinic!
I'm with them and they are amazing! free treatment if they accept u which i think is most of the time so i don't mind paying to get down there! i waited a year but I phoned for my dad a fortnight ago and he could go last week if he wanted!

t
13-Sep-10, 19:40
So what if i then got a NHS place a couple of months down the line would i then be able to get a bridge or whatever.

but if that is nto the case can i go to a private practice and get one made and if so is it expensive?>

when i say a bridge, the thing that has a single tooth attachched to a plastic plate is that right?

ArcaneWilbur
13-Sep-10, 19:46
u can then go to a nhs dentist as u technically aren't registered with the nhs as they are students but they do treatment for free as they are in their last year of dentistry

Dog-eared
13-Sep-10, 19:46
Try the Bridges Clinic in Wick. They also have a dental technician for a price for a plate.

Beat Bug
13-Sep-10, 22:42
I've been on the NHS dental waiting list for nearly 3 years, and I'm still 6,500 odd down the list! Registered with the students in Inverness, and have just finished my course of treatment with them. They then said I could register with the regular dentist there, so I did. Got hubby t register with the studens, and he sees them this week. Once again, when his treatment is completed, he too can register with the regular dentist. It's worth contacting them!

Fran
13-Sep-10, 22:59
I went to Lochshell dentist to have a front tooth removed. A mould was made on my first appointment, then another appointment for fitting, then when the last appointment came, tooth was pulled out, never felt a thing, and the plate with one tooth put in. Great, no gaps.
I would highly recommend Lochshell dental clinic.

NLP
14-Sep-10, 00:45
Got mine pulled out at Lochshell, as I was an emergency case I didn't get a replacement.

annemarie482
14-Sep-10, 03:52
looks like you'll hev a gap to balance your pen when your doing a crossword!!;)

dousslesh
14-Sep-10, 07:58
The new Dental practice in Golspie advertised NHS places still available a week or so ago. Please let me know if you need Tel. No. will look it up for you !

porshiepoo
14-Sep-10, 08:10
We finally got our dental appointments after 5 years on the list.
The wait is disgusting, everyone should have access to dental facilities and it should not be a case of a temporary filling or an extraction end of!
I had a temporary fill about 5 years ago at the Wick surgery. I'm dental phobic and the dentist I got was the most inhumane, uncaring person I have ever come across - shouting at a phobic and slamming down torture instruments is not really the way to go.
I didn't dare go back so when the temporary filling came out I left it, I'm now having to have an extraction for what should have been a perfectly saveable tooth had it been sorted at the beginning.

We finally got in at Helmsdale and I must say the female dentist there is amazing!
She's actually the only dentist up here that has actually bothered to discuss my phobia.
She made me feel completely at ease and I'm not too jittery about my next appointment - normally I'd be ill from worry.

Good luck with your search. Get helmsdale if you can - totally recommend it.

ber219
14-Sep-10, 14:10
I haven't been to a dentist in 10 years then the day before I was due on holiday (19th June) my filling fell out, I rang Golspie when I got back and asked to be put on the list as I wasn't in any pain and 3 weeks later I was a registered NHS patient, I have just finished my course of dental treatment, 8 fillings later and a scale and polish and I am only £100 lighter, when I went for my first appointment I registered my parents, they got a phone call 3 weeks ago and have their first appointment tomorrow.
They are really good and would definitely recommend them and that is from a person that is absolutely terrified of the dentist but they put me at ease, now don't have to go back until March for my 6 monthly check up :)

Anfield
14-Sep-10, 15:18
Anyone else noticed the irony of the adverts under "Notices2 section at top of page?.
You have to be logged out before you can see them