PDA

View Full Version : What is an Orger and how do you get to be one?

Lolabelle
19-Jul-06, 02:46
That is about it. I want to know how to put a little picture on my messages.
And all that other stuff. I think I am still a beginner or a new member or something.

goldenguernsey
19-Jul-06, 03:04
Hi Lolabelle, I think you need to qualify by virtue of posts submitted and time served on here. We all start off I think as junior members until we have been here so long and submitted enough posts to be Orgers.
Might be wrong but someone will put you right no doubt.

canuck
19-Jul-06, 03:45
You have been captured by the lure of caithness.org!

Those picture things are called avatars and you earn the right to use them by meeting the following conditions.

I've just updated the limits for the "Trusted Users" group promotions.

The limits are now:

90 days and 200 posts

180 days and 100 posts

365 days and 50 posts

Until a few weeks ago we were known as Trusted Users. It really scared someone when Cedric became "Cedric The Trusted", so the name was changed, by unanimous vote, to .orger. You can follow that discussion on the Modetor's Thread on avatars under the "Testing" section of forums - general.

It is a somewhat complicated system. The mark that you have passed its rigorous testing process is to have your avatar picture appear one day for the org to see. One word of caution, don't put up a great number of posts all in a row in the hopes of building up your point total. It only gets you banned for a week and you loose all the post points anyway. It is called frivilous posting. Good luck, have fun and I am sure that Niall will give you a much better response when he checks the posts in the morning.

If you are really keen to have some colour in your posts you can do it by having a colourful signature, even a picture.

Lolabelle
19-Jul-06, 05:33
Thanks, no worries, I just wondered. I will get there when I have earned it so to speak. I just didn't understand. I read the rules, but must have missed that bit.
Lola:Razz

rockchick
19-Jul-06, 20:40
One word of caution, don't put up a great number of posts all in a row in the hopes of building up your point total. It only gets you banned for a week and you loose all the post points anyway. It is called frivilous posting.

Trolling...it's called trolling

Cheers,
Rockchick

"I troll, I troll...so off the Org I go!
For a week no speak
No say no hear
Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh dear!"

Chobbersjnr
19-Jul-06, 21:47
For a week no speak
No say no hear

let that be a lesson tae ye n' all:Razz

Cedric Farthsbottom III
19-Jul-06, 21:55
Cheers Chobbers for that.Better watch oot wi this song thread as I get a bit carried away wi' ma music.Espcially if its done by the recorder in 'E' minor!!!!:lol:

Lolabelle ye are already an orger,no officially,but to us ye are!!!:lol:

Chobbersjnr
19-Jul-06, 22:13
Cheers Chobbers for that.Better watch oot wi this song thread as I get a bit carried away wi' ma music.Espcially if its done by the recorder in 'E' minor!!!!:lol:

LMAO

on the countdown to 1k Cedric huh, off to join the elite

Cedric Farthsbottom III
19-Jul-06, 22:18
LMAO

on the countdown to 1k Cedric huh, off to join the elite

Off to join the elite.ME?Chobbers for me its more like off to see the Wizard of Oz to see if he can give me a brain,but I heard some jammy scarecrow got in first!!!!:lol: :lol:

golach
19-Jul-06, 22:40
Cedric, got to hand it till ye, I could no hev put that better masell

MadPict
19-Jul-06, 23:01

Cheers,
Rockchick

For a week no speak
No say no hear

No it's not - "trolling" on the internet is carried out by a troll, which is defined as
a troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude, repetitive or offensive messages designed intentionally to annoy and antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion, including the personal attack of calling others trolls.

"frivilous posting" is also known as 'post whoring', where a member posts messages back to back that could have been easily in 1 post or when you have innocuous conversations back and forth with minimal post material or content or even minimal word content for that matter, for the sole puprpose of raising your post count......

Posting

Gleber2
19-Jul-06, 23:05
That is about it. I want to know how to put a little picture on my messages.
And all that other stuff. I think I am still a beginner or a new member or something.

To be an orger you have to be a socially deprived, bored, lonely sad person who has nothing better to do than sit in front of a screen and gossip with strangers.. Escape while you can. You have been warned.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
19-Jul-06, 23:10
To be an orger you have to be a socially deprived, bored, lonely sad person who has nothing better to do than sit in front of a screen and gossip with strangers.. Escape while you can. You have been warned.

True,but try and keep it to only a couple o' hours a day.Its much better for ye that way!!!:D

canuck
20-Jul-06, 00:01

Gosh, when you hold up that mirror it really looks awful, especially here in socially depriving, boring, lonely Burlington. Help!

golach
20-Jul-06, 00:18
Owld mannie 'o dinnet, ye are such a saddo, I dinna ken whit till say but ye are a bad example till the newbies of the .Org

Gleber2
20-Jul-06, 01:13
Owld mannie 'o dinnet, ye are such a saddo, I dinna ken whit till say but ye are a bad example till the newbies of the .Org

I stand for truth and honesty. Call me what ye will. I don't care.

golach
20-Jul-06, 01:15
I stand for truth and honesty. Call me what ye will. I don't care.
Anyway ye are too late, she has choined us in 'e chat room 'e nicht ...more than ye have ever done

Gleber2
20-Jul-06, 03:49
Anyway ye are too late, she has choined us in 'e chat room 'e nicht ...more than ye have ever done

Poor lass!!! I'll light a candle for her soul.

rockchick
20-Jul-06, 06:19
No it's not - "trolling" on the internet is carried out by a troll, which is defined as

"frivilous posting" is also known as 'post whoring', where a member posts messages back to back that could have been easily in 1 post or when you have innocuous conversations back and forth with minimal post material or content or even minimal word content for that matter, for the sole puprpose of raising your post count......

Posting

Well, I didn't take a screen pict when I was banned, but I can assure you that I was given a week off for "trolling"

The term "whoring" is just rude and I'm not surprised the administrators don't use it.

MadPict
20-Jul-06, 10:02
Well, I didn't take a screen pict when I was banned, but I can assure you that I was given a week off for "trolling"

The term "whoring" is just rude and I'm not surprised the administrators don't use it.

Maybe trolling is Niall's preferred term, but if you were merely posting to increase your post count you were hardly a true Troll.

No, not the joke, it was the mindless rubbish she was posting, 1,2,3,4,5, suspended.

Anyone else looking to do the same, take heed, trying to boost your number of posts in this manner is just a waste of everyone's time. A second offence will result in a removal of the account.

The phrase "Post Whore" is used on many forums to indicate someone who is indulging in 'excessive and unnecessary posting' or 'post count inflating' or 'number crunching'.

Ricco
20-Jul-06, 11:01

Cheers,
Rockchick

For a week no speak
No say no hear

RockChick, My dear - you are no troll. Unless you look like this, of course - which I am sure you don't.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/Ricco_T/troll2.jpg

robglysen
20-Jul-06, 21:14
On another forum I frequent, for us techie headed people, I'm on about 4500 posts, and am a 'Veteran Onion'

www.futuremark.com/community (http://www.futuremark.com/community)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
20-Jul-06, 22:07
RockChick, My dear - you are no troll. Unless you look like this, of course - which I am sure you don't.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h288/Ricco_T/troll2.jpg

Thats no rock chick...thats Giant Haystacks fae the World o' Sport Wrestling!!!:lol: