PDA

View Full Version : Freeview/Wideband Aerial

Mr & Mrs
13-Sep-10, 14:53
Has anybody installed a wideband aerial to be used in conjuction with their freeview box.

Can you give us any tips please?

AliciaMackinnon
13-Sep-10, 15:31
I cant get any type of aerial to bloody work!! Iv got my aerial out side pointing to the moon and thats the best signal i can get!!!

Moonboots
13-Sep-10, 15:47
Has anybody installed a wideband aerial to be used in conjuction with their freeview box.

Most people will either be using Sky or Freeview... If not... No TV...
Aerials for digital transmission need to have a good line of sight and need to be pointing in the more or less exact position...

Good cable and connection.... there you have it...

I cant get any type of aerial to bloody work!! Iv got my aerial out side pointing to the moon and thats the best signal i can get!!!

If your unable to get a signal then get an installer to do it...

Kodiak
13-Sep-10, 16:24

In 1991 I had a new Ariel put in my loft and this was long before Digital TV was ever thought of.

Last year I bought a new TV with a Freeview Tuner and just to see if it would work I connected up this same Ariel.

Perfect picture and sound and that was with an Ariel almost 20 years old.

I also have SKY HD so I do not use it much except when there is 3 stations that I want to watch at the same time.

poppett
13-Sep-10, 18:22
Our freeview box signal is the best quality wideband ariel available from Alacam. Installed by Moonboots..........and the combo worked a treat.

Carole
13-Sep-10, 19:17
Is anyone else having problems with Freeview today? I have suddenly 'lost' ITV and almost all other commercial stations.

Loafer
15-Sep-10, 18:50
Most people will either be using Sky or Freeview... If not... No TV...
Aerials for digital transmission need to have a good line of sight and need to be pointing in the more or less exact position...

Good cable and connection.... there you have it...

If your unable to get a signal then get an installer to do it...

Don't agree with you there Moonboots. I purchased a high-gain aerial, installed it in the loft pointing it in the general direction of Rumster and have as good a picture that I have seen!!

The Loafer

Moonboots
15-Sep-10, 22:30
Where do you live....

If you live some distance away from the transmitter then you will get a signal if your pointing it in the right direction however some of the channels will get a weaker signal strength which will end up degrading....

Loafer
16-Sep-10, 19:26
Where do you live....

If you live some distance away from the transmitter then you will get a signal if your pointing it in the right direction however some of the channels will get a weaker signal strength which will end up degrading....

Thurso...a skip and a hop fom the Catholic Chapel :-))

The Loafer