PDA

View Full Version : Cat Trap needed

dragonfly
13-Sep-10, 08:46
just discovered that my cat who has been missing for nearly 3 weeks is still alive, she is in my neighbours garden yowling but runs when I try to get her, from what I saw of her she is ok but skinny & bedraggled

I have put food out for her in mine and neighbours garden but think that I'll need a cat trap to catch her...............how do I get my hands on one?

any help gratefully received! won't have access to C.org at work so if anyone can help can they text me on 07729 325 626 - I'm in Thurso btw

thanks

Skifter
13-Sep-10, 08:52
My mobile is on the blink at the moment but maybe someone could send a text saying you should be able to get a cat trap from the Cat Protection League.

ducati
13-Sep-10, 08:53
Cats Protection Caithness might be able to help 0845 371 4217

I can't text from here so maybe someone can pass this to Dragonfly? :D

Blondie
13-Sep-10, 09:04
Have passed on the number to Dragonfly.

Gracie
13-Sep-10, 11:54
Also the SSPCA at Balmore are worth a try.

dragonfly
13-Sep-10, 18:44
thanks all, been in touch with cats protection league and they are trying to get one for me. its so frustrating as we can see and hear her but she runs everytime we go near! She's moving on all 4 legs so don't think she has any broken bones but I am worried that she has been hit by an air pellet or the likes!

hopefully she will come to the back door and sneak in when we are not looking!

teenybash
13-Sep-10, 18:58
I hope you can get a hold of her as it sounds as if something has scared her badly.......poor wee soul and hope all goes well.

Fly
13-Sep-10, 23:03
I hope you get her back. If she is very stressed out I recommend "Feliway"
(not sure if I have spelled it correctly). It certainly worked for mine when he was upset about something. It plugs in to an electrical socket and sends out cat pheromones. Does'nt bother humans.

dragonfly
14-Sep-10, 06:10
well left the dogs locked in the utility room last night but left the outer back door open with a bowl of food out for her but its untouched this morning so she hasn't come close to the house, she's still out there this morning, still crying and she gets more mournful when I call her :~(

Liz
14-Sep-10, 13:15
Aw Julie that must be so upsetting for you.

I had to catch one of my cats using the trap once as he just would not come to me when I called.:confused

I would agree with Fly re the Feliway. It's brilliant.

Good luck and let me know if you need the trap.

dragonfly
14-Sep-10, 13:24
thank Liz, getting a trap from CPL tonight, but I still might get yours too as she is flitting between mine and my neighbours garden (oh and under the car too)

dirdyweeker
14-Sep-10, 13:37
I am no cat lover but this post has made me sympathetic to your cause. It must be terrible hearing her and not being able to help. I presume she is injured by time she does not return. Hope everything works out well for you, will be 'dropping in' to see. Good luck.

Liz
14-Sep-10, 13:51
thank Liz, getting a trap from CPL tonight, but I still might get yours too as she is flitting between mine and my neighbours garden (oh and under the car too)

Glad you are getting a trap. One should do though as my cat was also flitting between mine and my neighbours but I set the trap in my garden and caught him in the early hours of the morning.
I think you may find that you will catch yours at the same time as they tend to come out from hiding when it is quieter.

If you want mine as well though just text me.

I hope with all my heart you get her very soon!

dragonfly
14-Sep-10, 22:02
tikka's home!!!!!

got the cat trap earlier tonight and baited it with some tuna and since putting it down she has been circling the house yowling. Son came home about half an hour ago and said she had been sitting on front doorstep, told him to leave front door open and about 5 mins later she ran in and up the stairs. she tried escaping but trapped her in teh bedroom and as soon as I picked her up she began purring and cuddled into me :Razz

can't see anything obvious wrong with her and she hasn't lost much weight if any although she was droooling a lot and she has a bad case of worms (luckily had spare bottle of wormer drops in the house). I'll get app with vet tomorrow and get her checked over but for now she's upstairs on my bed

thanks to all who have offered help through the forum and through PM's and to the CPL who I'll let know tomorrow that they can have trap back

if only they could talk.....................

Blarney
14-Sep-10, 22:09
Glad she's home Julie but don't know if I'd relish her rolling on my bed with a bad case of worms!!! Maybe I just don't get it.

merlzin
14-Sep-10, 22:13
So glad to hear you've got her back.:D

dragonfly
14-Sep-10, 22:15
no I don't relish it either but we have picked worms off her that we can see and flushed them down loo and she's on an old blanket covering the bed which i'll remove when i go to bed and she and it can go in the spare room for tonight with litter tray

just glad to have her home

Liz
14-Sep-10, 22:16
YAAAAAAY that's absolutely brilliant news!

So glad that she is not as bad as you had feared and am sure she will be so happy to be in a nice comfy bed.

ducati
14-Sep-10, 22:17
Glad she's back, must be a real relief. :D

As you say, if only they could talk. We recently reunited an owner with a Bengal that had been missing for 8 months from Reay. He turned up in Bower one morning, I've no idea where he had been in the meantime. Thanks to his microchip, his owner was traced within a day :cool:

teenybash
14-Sep-10, 22:35
This is such good news that a wee pussycat is finally home among the cuddles.....what's a few worms among friends...glad she is alright.:)

Fly
14-Sep-10, 23:20
Glad you have got her back. Hope she soon calms down and the worms are easily treated.:o):o):o)