PDA

View Full Version : Coming to Caithness!

tammienorrie
18-Jul-06, 10:41
We are coming to Caithness tomorrow for a week! Can anyone recommend things for us to see/do?
The bairns are 2 teenagers, and a 6yr old and 4 yr old.
Cheers x

katarina
18-Jul-06, 10:49
Go out on the wild life cruise at John O'groats definately - a bit pricy maybe but well worth it!

Kingetter
18-Jul-06, 11:03
We are coming to Caithness tomorrow for a week! Can anyone recommend things for us to see/do?
The bairns are 2 teenagers, and a 6yr old and 4 yr old.
Cheers x

Don't miss out on a good souvenir -
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=11950

rfr10
18-Jul-06, 11:17
Em... Quad Biking at Reiss maybe and em...... Rose Bank Playing Fields in Wick, there is tennis, trampolines, crazy golf, bowling and putting there. The tennis courts wont be very good though until they are done up, can't remember when they are doing that though. Ten Pin Bowling/ Cinema in Thurso.. Do you want it to be more outdoor or indoor activities??

newpark
18-Jul-06, 11:41
Cinema in Thurso
Bowling in Thurso
Swimming Pool in Thurso
Swimming Pool in Wick
Swimming Pool in Betty Hill
Lovely Beach in Dunnet
Dunnet Head
John O Groats
White water rafting from John O groats for the older ones
Wick Gala this weekend is always really good
Dounreay visitor centre

Loads more just cant think just now

tammienorrie
18-Jul-06, 12:21
Thank You everybody, I'm sure we'll hae a great time.
If we get there, looking a bit foggy just noo an aa da flights cancelled today so far :( just hope it clears up by tomorrow.
Cheers x

Gleber2
18-Jul-06, 13:01
Don'rt forget the Paintballing in Wick and Old Pulteny Distillery.

Max
18-Jul-06, 13:12
Horse riding at Achalone or lovely beach rides at Bettyhill. If you want taken to any of these places or want more info you could try Ross Tours, Thurso on 01847 891181.

Ricco
18-Jul-06, 13:27
Get you piccie taken by Tugmistress!

Kingetter
18-Jul-06, 15:03
Get you piccie taken by Tugmistress!

Don't miss out on a good souvenir -
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=11950

Two minds but of a single thought?
James.

dirdyweeker
18-Jul-06, 18:36
with 4 children in total I would imagine you will be looking for places with no admission. We have great forests and beaches here. Try Newton Forest walk in Wick, spend a whole day walking and picnicing in Dunnet Forest.There are good beaches at both Dunnet and Reiss just to name a couple. AND ..if you check Wick swimming pool they have free sessions at set times for all children.
Wick Heritage centre suits all ages and it doesn't cost much to get in. There are also lots of activities arranged by the Rangers if you like the outdoors.
Plenty to do in Caithness. Enjoy your holiday!!

stekar
18-Jul-06, 18:37
Thank You everybody, I'm sure we'll hae a great time.
If we get there, looking a bit foggy just noo an aa da flights cancelled today so far :( just hope it clears up by tomorrow.
Cheers x

No fog in Caithness today. Hope you enjoy your holiday!