PDA

View Full Version : Guilty party?????UPDATE!!

sandy01
17-Jul-04, 11:48
I hope the guilty party, who ran over two wee dogs in Halkirk, around 1030pm last night 16th July, and left them for dead.
When I arrived one was still alive, and was taken to the vets by a kind lady. (outcome unknown at this time).
I hope their guilt, continues to make them feel as feels as bad as the old lady, who's dogs they were, for years to come.
By the way, it is a legal requirement to report to the police if you run over a dog.

I have been told that the dog taken to the vets has survived :D :D

unicorn
17-Jul-04, 23:05
That is soooo awful :~( how could anyone just leave them for dead?? I know animals can just run out and swerving can be extremely dangerous but for goodness sake the least a civilised human being could do if they have noticed is to help the animals [mad]

Liz
18-Jul-04, 21:14
My sincere condolences to the poor owner.
Really hope the injured wee dog makes a full recovery.

Mr P Cannop
18-Jul-04, 21:31
i hope so too

sandy01
25-Jul-04, 11:00
If anyone has any info on who did this please contact Thurso police?
TEL.01847 893222

It could be your cat,dog or even child, this person runs down next. :(

munron
26-Jul-04, 08:26
Hi

Another one (or the same!!) - a wee JRT killed in Thurso on Friday evening - poor wee lad :~( . Whilst the car is not completely to blame it is still a decent person that will stop.

I hope this isnt the start of something. :mad:

The Angel Of Death
26-Jul-04, 09:58
I hope the guilty party, who ran over two wee dogs in Halkirk, around 1030pm last night 16th July, and left them for dead.
When I arrived one was still alive, and was taken to the vets by a kind lady. (outcome unknown at this time).
I hope their guilt, continues to make them feel as feels as bad as the old lady, who's dogs they were, for years to come.
By the way, it is a legal requirement to report to the police if you run over a dog.

I have been told that the dog taken to the vets has survived :D :D

Not defending the driver but questions should be asked of the dogs / owner

Fair enought the driver should have stopped but what were the dogs doing out on the roads at that time of night ??? in a situation like that the owner could be liable for damage to the car as the dogs should be supervised at all times

Would you let your 2 wee kids out unsupervised at 10:30 at night ???

I know of someone that hit a dog on the main road and because the dog wasnt on a lead and was unsupervised at the time got the bonnet replaced by the owner

Maybe the driver could not have stopped in time and just panicked still should have atleast reported it to the police at the least

munron
26-Jul-04, 10:07
I agree questions do need to be asked of owners - of any owner who lets their dog roam around off the lead. I alway slow down when I see owners walking on footpaths near buys roads just incase they decide to run off.

My own dog did it once and I know that it was my fault he got loose and if he had been in an accident that would also have been my fault - but if I was the person who knocked an animal over I would hope that I would have the guts to stop and check if there was anything I could do. I dont think it is the accident that is in queston - it is the aftermath.

Just my opinion tho and as a driver I do have sympathy with people subjected to careless owners and as a dog owner I just know how I would feel if it happened to me and the person didnt care enough to stop.

N

Sutherland850
26-Jul-04, 10:45
I know the owner of the first two dogs that was hit - and she always has them shut in her garden with the gate closed, and always had them on a lead when walking them. But that night someone opened the gate and it was not the owner.

Another problem is that cars do not stick to the 30mph speed limit. If they did maybe they would have been able to stop and one of the dogs would not be dead.

If it had been a cat which was killed you could not blame the owner for a cat is a roaming animal and you cant stop them from going anywhere they please!

Was drivers not learnt while learning to drive about taking care while drving in a built up area?????

munron
26-Jul-04, 10:54
God it really frustrate's me that peoples happiness can be shattered by idiotic thugs who think that to hurt something or someone is funny :mad:

What I meant by at fault is that if any animal runs in front of their car they cannot be held totally responsible (speed limit and other laws being adhered to).

On the other hand I do agree with the speed issue - but that affects people & pets.

The amount of people speeding around these days in the street is disgraceful. Not just young wanabees crusing around but the female of the same species as well as older age groups hoping that increase in speed decreases mother nature's.

Seabird
26-Jul-04, 18:43
The amount of people speeding around these days in the street is disgraceful. Not just young wanabees crusing around but the female of the same species as well as older age groups hoping that increase in speed decreases mother nature's.

It's not just young wanabees it's all age groups and sexes.
In the last two months i have swerved off the road twice to avoid on coming cars that have been over taking on bends.
If drivers have no consideration for fellow beings what chance have our furry friends got. :(

janette
29-Jul-04, 21:47
just to let you all know that the injured little dog, was out walking with its mistress tonight

Mr P Cannop
30-Jul-04, 05:02
its good to hear the little dog is ok