PDA

View Full Version : A Pope in a Park

crayola
11-Sep-10, 16:19
So who's going to see the Pope in Bellahouston Park on Thursday?

I thought it was on Friday but it turns out to be on Thursday and I can't make it now. He will be horribly disappointed. :(

gollach
11-Sep-10, 17:11
Hope he won't cancel the trip because of that. :lol:

sinclairbay
11-Sep-10, 17:46
Are they charging to get in?

joxville
11-Sep-10, 17:57

I thought it was on Friday but it turns out to be on Thursday and I can't make it now. He will be horribly disappointed. :(

I went to see the previous Pope when he visited back in 1982, a wee bit tipsy I was too because I had done a job earlier at a pub then had a few pints on the house, long story short, I wonder if I was the only Protestant in the park?

You're right about the present Pope being disappointed, I don't think the parks had much improvements over the years, but every cloud has a silver lining, he'll be delighted neither you nor I will be in attendance. ;)

DeHaviLand
11-Sep-10, 19:06
Cost of security for the popes visit is 15 million quid! Still, it'll be worth it if it keeps our children safe ;)

Corrie 3
11-Sep-10, 19:10
Cost of security for the popes visit is 15 million quid!
And what were the Con/Dems saying about having to make cuts????
Time to pull our belts in Lads and Lasses, someones got to pay for this visit!! Do you think it will be us??

C3....:eek::eek:

Phill
11-Sep-10, 20:25
Ahhh, the kiddy fiddler in chief! So what is he here for?

What is he gonna do, really, apart from beat someone or summit.
Maybe he's here to resurrect British Leyland...
http://www.roadtransport.com/blogs/truck-and-van-blog/popeHi.jpg
At least they are saving some cash by reusing the Range Rover, aren't they?

Would as many people go as giddy over the weirdy beardy one trolling round the globe?

I may be wrong but even visits from POTUS come in far cheaper than the KFiC.

jock leith
12-Sep-10, 02:55
My Grandaughter is one of three pupils selected from her School to meet the Pope on his visit to London.When she asked for advice about meeting him all I told her to do,was to make sure that he was facing the right way if she was asked to Kiss his "Ring".;)

Dusty
12-Sep-10, 03:24
My Grandaughter is one of three pupils selected from her School to meet the Pope on his visit to London.When she asked for advice about meeting him all I told her to do,was to make sure that he was facing the right way if she was asked to Kiss his "Ring".;)

I suppose you think that is funny.
Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a mouthfull of half chewed nuts and raisins off a monitor.
:lol:

jm.mack
12-Sep-10, 09:18
Personally I could'nt give a monkey's about his visit other than the fact that we, as taxpayers are expected to pay. The Vatican is awash with cash, why can't he pay his own way.

A complete waste of money if you ask me................

Mr Z
12-Sep-10, 10:19
Whenever we go abroad on holiday we have to pay for it out of our own pocket. Dont see the country we visit offering to pay!
So why do we have to pay for his visit when he must have a few quid hidden away somewhere. If he cant afford it stay at home like others have to do.

Logical
12-Sep-10, 13:52
I whole-heartedly hope that he gets arrested when he comes to this country for his crimes against humanity. There is talk of a lot of people supporting a citizens arrest when he is in the UK.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8614232.stm

Sara Jevo
12-Sep-10, 16:10
I whole-heartedly hope that he gets arrested when he comes to this country for his crimes against humanity. There is talk of a lot of people supporting a citizens arrest when he is in the UK.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8614232.stm

There's one or two war criminals masquerading as leaders in this country whom we should sort out before lecturing the world on morality of others.

John Little
12-Sep-10, 16:18
Hmmmm - somebody tried that on Blair last week in Dublin. They just hustled her away.

Xposin
12-Sep-10, 16:38
I suppose you think that is funny.
Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a mouthfull of half chewed nuts and raisins off a monitor.
:lol:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha FAF

monitorsplattered.org

Logical
12-Sep-10, 16:53
Hmmmm - somebody tried that on Blair last week in Dublin. They just hustled her away.

:lol: Was worth a try.

But in all seriousness...

A leader starting a controversial war with the support of America Vs A man with power over the Catholic church with a past covering up the abuse of children.

If he wasn't the pope he wouldn't be aloud in this country[disgust]

crayola
12-Sep-10, 20:47
Hope he won't cancel the trip because of that. :lol:He'll be mightily disappointed but he's like a rottweiler when he gets his teeth into something so I think he'll keep his date with the Park.

I went to see the previous Pope when he visited back in 1982, a wee bit tipsy I was too because I had done a job earlier at a pub then had a few pints on the house, long story short, I wonder if I was the only Protestant in the park?

You're right about the present Pope being disappointed, I don't think the parks had much improvements over the years, but every cloud has a silver lining, he'll be delighted neither you nor I will be in attendance. ;)
I saw that Pope in 1982 too but it was purely by accident because I was only passing through and I didn't know he was coming.

I'm surprised you weren't struck down by a bolt of lighting from his fingertips jox. Which do you think he would fear most? A protestant or a pagan? :lol:

joxville
12-Sep-10, 20:57
These days I don't consider myself a protestant so he'd probably fear you more. :)

Logical
12-Sep-10, 21:33
I saw that Pope in 1982 too but it was purely by accident because I was only passing through and I didn't know he was coming.

That the same day as you met Stephen hawking?;):lol:

John Little
12-Sep-10, 21:36
Do you think he might divert to Belgium to deal with the latest developments affecting his celibate clergy?

Julia
12-Sep-10, 21:48
I hear it's been renamed to 'P in the Park' [lol]

Cattach
13-Sep-10, 12:37
Do you think he might divert to Belgium to deal with the latest developments affecting his celibate clergy?

Come on - the Boring Belgians - it cannot be true!

Anyway, good luck for his visit - we have had far worse dictators, murders and people involved in ethnic cleansing deaths of tens of thousands being welcomed in the country.

crayola
18-Sep-10, 14:25
These days I don't consider myself a protestant so he'd probably fear you more. :)
He seems to like protestants, especially that one in Westminster with the wild hair and beard and eyebrows that post a danger to low-flying broomsticks. :eek:

I would have liked to have gone to Bellahouston because it was a lovely day with clear air which meant I could have tested out my latest hypnotic spells on 65,000 of the faithful all at once. :lol:

gleeber
18-Sep-10, 16:25
Ive been following the Popes visit and am amazed at the goodness his prescence emits.
It also brings out the fundamentalism of those who would claim not to be religious.
Ones as bad as the other.

crayola
18-Sep-10, 19:08
Ive been following the Popes visit and am amazed at the goodness his prescence emits.
It also brings out the fundamentalism of those who would claim not to be religious.
Ones as bad as the other.I would be more impressed if his presence prompted a little more prescience concerning the effect of his anti-woman, anti-condom policies on the health of the world and the third-world in particular. Old fractal eyebrows is a little more enlightened on those fronts and in most others. Until his church gets in a knot and he retreats into conservative doctrine to protect his own bottom.

sam09
18-Sep-10, 20:06
better title would be "dope in the dark"

Phill
18-Sep-10, 20:18
I'm quite excited by his modernist views, his openness to a fair and equal society celebrating the life & works of Jesus n' Co', his lack of homophobia and I find his sexual equality views refreshing.

I can't get the Monty Python song every sperm is sacred out of my head.

crayola
18-Sep-10, 22:17
I can't get the Monty Python song every sperm is sacred out of my head.You shouldn't put sacred sperm in your head then. The Pope would agree with me I'm sure.

Rheghead
20-Sep-10, 15:21
This is quite an interesting article, the Pope would love to baptize an alien from outer space.:eek:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/religion/the-pope/8009299/Pope-Benedict-XVIs-astronomer-the-Catholic-Church-welcomes-aliens.html

Bazeye
20-Sep-10, 19:22
I'm quite excited by his modernist views, his openness to a fair and equal society celebrating the life & works of Jesus n' Co', his lack of homophobia and I find his sexual equality views refreshing.

I can't get the Monty Python song every sperm is sacred out of my head.
Seems to me that its ok in this PC world of ours to mock some religions but not others. If this was a thread about Islam and the way they treat gays and women it would probably be branded as racist. (And yes I do know it isnt a race but you know what I mean).

oldmarine
20-Sep-10, 19:55
This Pope is trying very hard to down play all the problems of pediphile priests with little success. He has a large task ahead of him.

Logical
20-Sep-10, 22:08
Seems to me that its ok in this PC world of ours to mock some religions but not others. If this was a thread about Islam and the way they treat gays and women it would probably be branded as racist. (And yes I do know it isnt a race but you know what I mean).

I disagree, if it was kept civilized and not Islamophobic (real word) then its fine I think. We point out that the Catholic Church has its problems, we can just as easily point out the discrimination of women and homosexuals in Islam.

Bazeye
20-Sep-10, 23:03
Islamophobia? Homophobia? I was always under the impression that a phobia was a fear of something.

Logical
21-Sep-10, 14:24
A fear, a prejudice its all the same in that it leads to mocking or extreme acts.

Bazeye
21-Sep-10, 19:01
A fear, a prejudice its all the same

No, it isnt.

Logical
21-Sep-10, 19:41
No, it isnt.

:lol: OK then.

John Little
21-Sep-10, 19:49
Have you never been to a panto?

The correct reply is ' 'Oh yes it is'

Then he will say 'Oh no it isn't!'

Then you throw sweets at everybody.

Now let's do it properly......:)

Phill
21-Sep-10, 20:03
Then you throw sweets at everybody.
Or stones!

John Little
21-Sep-10, 20:05
Or stones!

Aye - I forgot - audiences up there are hard. Just look what happened when Charles 1 tried to give you lot bishops......

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad118/johnlittle21/304px-Riot_against_Anglican_prayer_book_1637.jpg

Logical
21-Sep-10, 21:29
Or stones!

Just for clarification, who are we stoning?:confused

John Little
21-Sep-10, 21:33
Just for clarification, who are we stoning?:confused

The Belgians! Keep up with the thread L.

Logical
21-Sep-10, 22:26
The Belgians! Keep up with the thread L.

Paranoia tells me it is me...?

Kevin Milkins
21-Sep-10, 23:40
I see a man evaded the security and got close enough to the Pope to throw Domestos over him.:eek:

He was very quickly apprehended and charged with bleach of the priest.:roll:

Whitewater
22-Sep-10, 01:06

Oh dear , I misread it, I thought you said "Poke in the dark"

Bazeye
22-Sep-10, 21:02
See the hat he was wearing. Wonder where he gets his Christmas crackers from?

Kevin Milkins
23-Sep-10, 09:31
About says it all.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs612.snc4/59217_432041721530_666906530_5722232_6842838_n.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5157711&id=666906530)