PDA

View Full Version : The world carrot museum

crayola
11-Sep-10, 15:20
Has anyone else visited the world carrot museum (http://www.carrotmuseum.co.uk/)?

It's an amazing place and totally devoted to carrots.

_Ju_
11-Sep-10, 16:35
A carrot fly's veritable idea of heaven.

Phill
11-Sep-10, 21:13
Wifey got all excited about this. Just had a wee look though and I think it needs updating:

'What's New'
World War Two

Hmmmmm.......

jar
11-Sep-10, 21:46
Wifey got all excited about this.

Well, you do just gotta love carrots! And they come in so many colours - not just orange!

Full respect to wifey for the carrot excitement! ;)

Margaret M.
12-Sep-10, 00:30
Has anyone else visited the world carrot museum (http://www.carrotmuseum.co.uk/)?

It's an amazing place and totally devoted to carrots.

Adding it to my bucket list. :D

crayola
12-Sep-10, 20:40
Adding it to my bucket list. :D
After spending some time in the museum I am now eating so many carrots that I should live for ever and I won't need a bucket list. :)

Do you think St Jimi was on carrots when he wrote Purple Haze?

annemarie482
12-Sep-10, 20:55
i know someone that would love this place......

crayola
18-Sep-10, 14:29
I'm still amazed that you can get black carrots and purple carrots and pink carrots and pink and purple carrots and even yellow ones and white ones. :eek:

Has anyone ever eaten anything other than orange carrots, and if so do they taste any different?

jar
18-Sep-10, 19:59
I'm still amazed that you can get black carrots and purple carrots and pink carrots and pink and purple carrots and even yellow ones and white ones. :eek:

Has anyone ever eaten anything other than orange carrots, and if so do they taste any different?

Hi there

We have grown these rainbow carrots this year - purple, white, yellow, red, orange and they're ace - not just the kids that get excited pulling them out the ground and seeing what colour they are.
BUT they just taste like carrots!

Thanks for posting the link - as you can see above - I was genuinely chuffed to see this!

Jen x

PS I am sure we could get some to you for you to try!!